Dna Founding Member Souvenir Pack

Lol

It's a hell of a long list now. DNA money that has gone to each individual wage, that's claimed on here.

Think most folk have only mentioned Wilson to be fair... which was 'claimed' by the club.  Like it or loathe it, the club told us the Wilson deal would not have been possible without DNA.  A few on here seem a bit upset about that.

• Downvote 1

A lot of folk pay only £12 and have done for much less than 12 months. Most will be Summer subscribers.

Nobody will have paid what you state.

Personally, I think we have a stronger team than anyone below us. We pay more in wages.

I think that was the case pre AberDNA.  So if that was the case before, and it is still the case after, many will question the value of paying in again.  Simple as.  

Also, if you state a claim that it goes to the operations budget only, then you must have to, in some way or other, support that.  Maybe the 2019 annual report will show a corresponding increase in wages or such like, but I think they will need to do something come renewal time in the summer.  

Think most folk have only mentioned Wilson to be fair... which was 'claimed' by the club.

You're probably right. Probably nobody has mentioned any other players with regards to DNA income.

Seriously, I'd have thought that with the budget suddenly increased, it would be blatantly obvious that the last player(s) in would be thanks to the extra money.

I think that was the case pre AberDNA. So if that was the case before, and it is still the case after, many will question the value of paying in again. Simple as.

Also, if you state a claim that it goes to the operations budget only, then you must have to, in some way or other, support that. Maybe the 2019 annual report will show a corresponding increase in wages or such like, but I think they will need to do something come renewal time in the summer.

I'm sure that for the most fickle of fans, our final league position and or points total will decide a lot.

This season has been hugely competitive at the top though.

You're probably right. Probably nobody has mentioned any other players with regards to DNA income.

Seriously, I'd have thought that with the budget suddenly increased, it would be blatantly obvious that the last player(s) in would be thanks to the extra money.

That's not what I said. I said most people are talking about Wilson... for reasons already mentioned.

While not being party to how AFC handle their finances, I think most of us can appreciate the DNA cash was not ring fenced to one particular signing...rather just an overall boost to the budget.

However, the main crux of the previous few pages on this topic have centered around AFC attempting to spin a scenario whereby DNA money allowed us get the Wilson deal over the line! If they'd kept quiet, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

• Downvote 1

... because Milne is not going to plough hundreds of thousands of his own cash into AFC.  It's not going to happen.  He's had ample opportunity to do so over the years, but it's not happened.

Once you've reconciled that our multi-millionaire board members are not going to part with large sums of their own cash, then it becomes easier... or it did for me.  Either we get an extra 700k from AberDNA, or we do not.

I'm more than happy to help fund a scheme, from my own pocket, that's going to provide AFC with further disposible income.  I just want to see AFC succeed - that's important to me.  More important than a couple of hundred quid, that I'd probably just pish up the wall anyway.

Also, i don't have a season ticket - so my only regular donation to the club was my RedTV subscription.

Pissing in the wind is what you are doing...until the Wig has left/died we will continue to nickel and dime it and just do what is required to finish top 6...fact.

That's not what I said. I said most people are talking about Wilson... for reasons already mentioned.

While not being party to how AFC handle their finances, I think most of us can appreciate the DNA cash was not ring fenced to one particular signing...rather just an overall boost to the budget.

However, the main crux of the previous few pages on this topic have centered around AFC attempting to spin a scenario whereby DNA money allowed us get the Wilson deal over the line! If they'd kept quiet, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

TBH I think we might. He's still a 'marquee' signing, a Manchester United player that we've all heard of (albeit in a 'oh aye, remember him from a few years back?' kind of way). Think he may have still have been seen as a 'DNA signing' either way.

If DNA money covered the cost to bring Stewart back then I'm absolutely delighted, mainly because it showed you up as the shit sipping drip that you are.

• Upvote 2

TBH I think we might. He's still a 'marquee' signing, a Manchester United player that we've all heard of (albeit in a 'oh aye, remember him from a few years back?' kind of way). Think he may have still have been seen as a 'DNA signing' either way.

In my opinion, I think McInnes (and the club) expected that Wilson was going to tear the SPFL a new one this year.  I think this may have been the rationale for linking Wilson with the DNA money initially.  If Wilson had indeed been dynamite, they'd have been riding the fuck out it, you can guarantee that!  

In the end, it has backfired... rather than being seen as a reason for continuing to donate (So we can sign another Wilson for next season), many are probably going to use this as a reason not to renew.  7k per week for a lazy ba$tard with splinters in his backside! 

• Downvote 1

Wilson looks a hell of a lot better over the last two games. Some really good runs and getting into great positions and probably could / should have bagged a couple of goals as well. 

Whether that's because he's spoken with Man U and told "get your act together, or you'll be playing in the National League next year", or he's just realising himself that he needs to kick on, who knows. 

Wilson looks a hell of a lot better over the last two games. Some really good runs and getting into great positions and probably could / should have bagged a couple of goals as well. 

Whether that's because he's spoken with Man U and told "get your act together, or you'll be playing in the National League next year", or he's just realising himself that he needs to kick on, who knows. 

I would doubt Man United care less about Wilson.  He's finished with them.  They'll probably be glad to get his 30k p/w salary off the books, but then again, that sort of money probably hardly registers for a club with their wealth.

Have a read of the Hibs match thread, there are quite a few comments where folk are registering their surprise at how quick Wilson was moving.  Says it all really.  Hibs and Livi are probably the first two games we've seen him open his legs.

I would doubt Man United care less about Wilson.  He's finished with them.  They'll probably be glad to get his 30k p/w salary off the books, but then again, that sort of money probably hardly registers for a club with their wealth.

Have a read of the Hibs match thread, there are quite a few comments where folk are registering their surprise at how quick Wilson was moving.  Says it all really.  Hibs and Livi are probably the first two games we've seen him open his legs.

Is that you Derek? 

In my opinion, I think McInnes (and the club) expected that Wilson was going to tear the SPFL a new one this year.  I think this may have been the rationale for linking Wilson with the DNA money initially.  If Wilson had indeed been dynamite, they'd have been riding the fuck out it, you can guarantee that!  

In the end, it has backfired... rather than being seen as a reason for continuing to donate (So we can sign another Wilson for next season), many are probably going to use this as a reason not to renew.  7k per week for a lazy ba$tard with splinters in his backside!

I don’t think it has backfired. People who decided they could afford to donate a fixed some each month - either because

they can’t get to Pittodrie or those who go and wanted to do a bit more to aid progress, have made it a great success.

There may well be some who spit the dummy and don’t renew but there may well be new people joining up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don’t think it has backfired. People who decided they could afford to donate a fixed some each month - either because

they can’t get to Pittodrie or those who go and wanted to do a bit more to aid progress, have made it a great success.

There may well be some who spit the dummy and don’t renew but there may well be new people joining up.

You've misinterpreted my comments.  What 'backfired' was the strategy of using Wilson as something of a poster boy.  

AberDNA has been nothing other than an incredible success this year... unfortunately our distribution of this years playing budget (as a whole, not just exclusively DNA money) has been a major disaster.  Writing off 200k after 6 months of nothing, is a disaster for a club our size.  We've thrown away that money.  You cannot sugar coat it any other way.  Folk talk about Forresters suffering a personal tragedy - which is fair enough - you can't legislate for that. He lost a family member suddenly in November... but what the hell was he doing from July to October?  Every time he took to the pitch, he played like he was stoned out of his nut!  He was atrociously bad for us.  Then you have Gleeson and Wilson, who've offered next to nothing and are also probably costing us close to 10k p/w between them.

Of course this has been offset by some of the success we've had with players like Lowe and Ferguson.  Stewart is a fantastic footballer IMO and I think that now he's fit, he's going to be huge for us. 

If we have a few too many more summers like last summer, we'll quickly find ourselves in big trouble.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Surely the point is that the DNA money allows us to be more speculative, knowing that it isn't the end of the world if a player doesn't work out, and we can write it off in a way we weren't able to in the past.

Of course some of the 'experts' on here who couldn't spot a player if he had Messi on the back of his shirt, think the manager is going to get every signing right, every time.

Cos they do on FM.

Virgins.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

You've misinterpreted my comments.  What 'backfired' was the strategy of using Wilson as something of a poster boy.  

AberDNA has been nothing other than an incredible success this year... unfortunately our distribution of this years playing budget (as a whole, not just exclusively DNA money) has been a major disaster.  Writing off 200k after 6 months of nothing, is a disaster for a club our size.  We've thrown away that money.  You cannot sugar coat it any other way.  Folk talk about Forresters suffering a personal tragedy - which is fair enough - you can't legislate for that. He lost a family member suddenly in November... but what the hell was he doing from July to October?  Every time he took to the pitch, he played like he was stoned out of his nut!  He was atrociously bad for us.  Then you have Gleeson and Wilson, who've offered next to nothing and are also probably costing us close to 10k p/w between them.

Of course this has been offset by some of the success we've had with players like Lowe and Ferguson.  Stewart is a fantastic footballer

IMO and I think that now he's fit, he's going to be huge for us. 

If we have a few too many more summers like last summer, we'll quickly find ourselves in big trouble.

I was picking up on you saying that many will use the link with DNA and Wilson to not renew in the Summer.

I really fail to grasp how any person would stop subscribing due to that.

As for Forrester, it ended up a crap deal but thankfully he scored a vital pen in the shoot out at Easter Road, if he had

missed, we were as good as out. That helped generate income from the semi and final.

I'll go back to my original point. 

I thought they'd specifically relate things to AberDNA, so that we can be invested in it.  

It seems that they have just further invested money in to the squad (perhaps, how can you tell until scouring the accounts).

The squad doesn't seem that different to recent years, and we still have same problem with convincing best players to stay.  

Meanwhile, over the course of the year, the extra contribution for season ticket plus DNA will be 42% higher than the season ticket alone.  For some extra loyalty points and a shirt.  

I genuinely feel like a mug for having done that as it stands.  It has massively played on my loyalty to the club.

• Upvote 1

I hardly think there is any scenario spinning. If Wilson is an extra player in the team due to extra wage money available then that would look fairly obvious. I'm not really sure what point of discussion regarding Wilson is relevant to DNA money. Or if somehow Wilsons signing is a determining factor in whether the DNA scheme is a good thing or not. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Surely, on Wilson, it would only be whether or not he is any good and whether or not he brings anything positive to the team, worth discussing. Personally, I was happy we had him coming on when Sam went off injured on Saturday. In that particular game and moment I'd have rather had him off the bench than Anderson, which would likely have been the option to keep a similar shape had we not been able to have another striker on the wage bill.

• 2 weeks later...

In relation to my point regarding spending money on decent young players with potential rather than wasting it on 'potential' short term fix loans like Wilson.

It would make waaaaay better sense to use AberDNA cash for things such as e.g. Signing fees for the likes of Ferguson than blowing shitloads of it on wages for likes of Wilson.

Fans/those subscribing to the scheme would a lot more forgiving if a young signing fails/doesn't meet desired potential than they would when a signing (on big money) like Wilson fails/wastes a squad/team place.

We all know I am not McInnes's biggest fan but I will credit him when he deserves it & he deserves great credit for Ferguson especially, Cosgrove as well. McLean also but that took a while to become clear/materialise as he was very hit n miss early on.

All young or inexperienced players he's seen something in & taken a wee financial punt on. McLean less so I guess as he was more advanced at time of signing.

Devlin also a great find but gamble because of injury. Certainly worth the risk though.

We should be right on top of young potential. Especially ones like Ferguson that are coming to end of contract & be willing to pay compensation for signings like this rather than waste on on loan signings trying to rediscover form with us & then, either fail & fester with us or succeed & fk off for bigger money.

Loan signings should ONLY be for very special cases, not filling half the squad. They are wasted cash & no use for the club long term & McInnes would do very well to recognise this a bit more.

Say we had a spare £1m to spend. I'd prefer we spent it on a couple/few compensation payments for decent young potential from other teams rather than spunk it on the likes of Wilson.

Mods please ban this idiot for writing too much shite ^^

Waste of fucking bandwidth.

Mods please recognise this idiot for being such a snowflake crying for bans rather than simply blocking his wee love hates.

Give him a wee gold star or something, or maybe a Millertime love in award or something. Both would put a smile on such snowflakes faces I'm sure.

Mods please can you fix it for him

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Anyway.

In years to come when the club looks back & argues the pros/cons of the AberDNA scheme. It would be a lot better to say they used it for things such as the signing of Lewis Ferguson (& similar) rather than loans of players such as Wilson.

Majority of AberDNAers would be happier with that type of investments

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1