Aberdeen V Srenhousemuir

We did do enough? Wow, so 1-1 is acceptable now then according to you.

Or is scoring goals a different element of the game now?

Being clinical lol.

Also, an open goal was blocked you say?

What was it blocked by then, heavy smoke from a vape in the crowd? The ghost of Ian Durrant?

Aye I said 1-1 was acceptable. Have a day off.

Lets face it we're 95% certain to win the replay.

Yes yesterday was a joke and an embarrassing result but unfortunately shit happens. I hope there was a rocket up their arse and we'll see a reaction on Wednesday.

Was slightly disappointed to see May and McLennan miss out. Think McGinn needs to be the one missing out.

The Dons got out of the game what they deserved.  If McKenna's suitors have watched his last two competitive games, they have probably seen enough and moved on.

What about the majority of other fixtures, where he's been dominant and shown his repertoire?

This is a 22 y/o centre half we're talking about.  He'll have bad games and make poor decisions. That's part of his development.

Laughable (but not unexpected) that folk can't see the potential in this individual.

• Upvote 1

What about the majority of other fixtures, where he's been dominant and shown his repertoire?

This is a 22 y/o centre half we're talking about. He'll have bad games and make poor decisions. That's part of his development.

Laughable (but not unexpected) that folk can't see the potential in this individual.

Not sure why everyone is keen to blame mckenna.

We won the ball so he moved forward.

Logan Considine stayed deep.

We then stupidily lost the ball and the stenhousemuir player was free.

Its not as if mckenna was out jumped or out muscled.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why everyone is keen to blame mckenna.

We won the ball so he moved forward.

Logan Considine stayed deep.

We then stupidily lost the ball and the stenhousemuir player was free.

Its not as if mckenna was out jumped or out muscled.

McKenna was nowhere near the problem yesterday.  Sure, he switched off for a moment and we got punished.  He'll take his medicine and move on I'm sure..

I'll give you two names... Very unpopular as they're big favourites on here, but I'd like to see some discussion on those offerings, over the 90 mins:

Graeme Shinnie & Lewis Ferguson

• Upvote 1

McKenna was nowhere near the problem yesterday. Sure, he switched off for a moment and we got punished. He'll take his medicine and move on I'm sure..

I'll give you two names... Very unpopular as they're big favourites on here, but I'd like to see some discussion on those offerings, over the 90 mins:

As I've said before, Shinnie is not a midfielder. Yesterday showed that again.

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell MT. It's almost like your determined we DONT get good money for him just to prove your mean spirited pish right.

Chill out and just see what happens. Either way it's not going to matter to anyone here beyond the benefit it can bring our club - which I'm assuming you hope is maximised as the rest of us all do.

That’s the type of shite I referred to earlier, MT is desperate for him to fail so we don’t get good money and he’s “proven right”.

I clearly want us to get as much as possible

To think we will get anywhere near double figure millions for him, like the clowns on here are clamouring for is lunacy

Yesterday is why

We won't get near double figures no, but the minority are saying that. Between 5-7 is realistic I'd say if we push it. You've talked him down a fair bit, were you not saying we'd get no where near 5?

As I've said before, Shinnie is not a midfielder. Yesterday showed that again.

Great point and as was said earlier, him and Ferguson were the problem yesterday.

People talk about pace, or lack of. It’s not. It’s tempo, vision and movement that is important. We had none of those yesterday. You could sign 11 Linford Christie’s and as a team they’d still be slower than 11 Greg Stewart’s with those attributes.

Ferguson and Shinnie just plod along, sideways sideways back back. We maybe need Gleeson in there

Lets face it we're 95% certain to win the replay.

Yes yesterday was a joke and an embarrassing result but unfortunately shit happens. I hope there was a rocket up their arse and we'll see a reaction on Wednesday.

Was slightly disappointed to see May and McLennan miss out. Think McGinn needs to be the one missing out.

Agree about McGinn needing to miss out, but i think McInnes saw the game yesterday as game we would win easily and an ideal opportunity to get minutes in the kegs of both GMS and McGinn after injuries.

McKenna was nowhere near the problem yesterday. Sure, he switched off for a moment and we got punished. He'll take his medicine and move on I'm sure..

Shinnie was again poor, but the whole team was.

Lewis Ferguson's dad was on the radio after the game and said he text him before the match to tell him to be on his game for this as it could prove to be a dangerous tie if not approached properly.

And so it proved.

I kind if think Ferguson has been overplayed this season but if more senior pro's like Gleeson and Forrester aren't stepping up to the plate then what are you going to do?

Shinnie was again poor, but the whole team was.

Lewis Ferguson's dad was on the radio after the game and said he text him before the match to tell him to be on his game for this as it could prove to be a dangerous tie if not approached properly.

And so it proved.

I kind if think Ferguson has been overplayed this season but if more senior pro's like Gleeson and Forrester aren't stepping up to the plate then what are you going to do?

Very hard to step up to the plate from the bench.  The implication is that they aren't doing enough in training, but surely these are exactly the type of games to take a chance on them.

Of course I do

This though is just the latest example of why he is not the kind of player most on here seem to think he is

He still has a lot to learn

Yeah but I think you misunderstand what people on here think he is.

No one thinks he's a compete player yet.

No one thinks he's experienced and reads the game perfectly in every situation.

What people have been saying from the start is that his potential - his ceiling is really high because he already has a load of attributes that experienced guys like say Berra will simply never have.

So you picking up whenever he makes a mistake and point scoring is really a waste of time.

• Upvote 1

To beat a team packed In there own half Like Stenny, you need to have your wide players at it and neither GMS or Mcginn were any where near at it Yesterday, added to that we have very little Creativity coming from Shinnie and Ferguson only Stewart really looked likely to create anything Yesterday but he was having to come too deep to get on the ball. I also thought Logan was very poor again Yesterday

To beat a team packed In there own half Like Stenny, you need to have your wide players at it and neither GMS or Mcginn were any where near at it Yesterday, added to that we have very little Creativity coming from Shinnie and Ferguson only Stewart really looked likely to create anything Yesterday but he was having to come too deep to get on the ball. I also thought Logan was very poor again Yesterday

McGinn put it on a plate for both GMS and Stewart. 

We created a lot of good chances, just didn't finish them. One of those days.

Agree with you both MT and DD1903.

The need to play him in midfield is down to poor recruitment by McInnes.

Should certainly not be our highest paid midfielder.

I'm almost past caring if GMS and Shinnie stay or not. They're both 29ish? I think we've seen their best days in any case , a bit like Hayes.

Shinnie has a great engine and is a good captain but he's a runner, he can't organise a midfield. We need someone like McLean in that role, Ferguson can grow into the Shinnie role.

GMS is great on his day but he's inconsistent and has missed a lot of matches in his 18 months with us.

If we have to move on with a younger couple of players then that may be no bad thing. Recruitment has to be right of course.

• Upvote 1