Kilmarnock V Aberdeen

Result is all that mattered.

That could easily have gone badly but we kept the head & managed the game out.

Great three points.

Nae really. Its time we ditched this grim, sterile, unimaginative, ugly fitba. Personally, I am sick to death of McInnes's style of anti-fitba. The odd goal from set plays, at the end of 90 minutes of pure, unadulterated shite, is all we have to offer these days.

• Upvote 3

Killie must be sick of the sight of us. Fuck them and that fat hun cunt Boyd.

McKenna does like a goal or two against Killie.

Fat hun cunt Boyd should have been off ana. Elbow in the face of Mckenna should have been a yellow.

Seemed like the killie game plan from the off was to scream at the ref to get Aberdeen players booked. Kind of backfired a wee bit. Biased view of course but I didn't think the ref got a lot wrong.

Good win. As for criticism of the style.. firstly Killie are brutal and most games involving them are brutal as a result.

Secondly no Mcginn, Mackay Steven or Stewart. As up and down as they can all be they are all the ones who can win us a game with some creativity/skill!

Take 2/3 of the better creative players out of any team in the league maybe barring Celtic and style and quality suffer.

• Upvote 2

Nae really. Its time we ditched this grim, sterile, unimaginative, ugly fitba. Personally, I am sick to death of McInnes's style of anti-fitba. The odd goal from set plays, at the end of 90 minutes of pure, unadulterated shite, is all we have to offer these days.

I agree in general regarding our style under McInnes. Especially when it gets down to end of season nitty gritty stuff & desperation not to lose such important games but today was an excusable revert to that type imo.

Killie were as desperate for the win (or more so not to lose) as us & as a result played a horrid game other than a counterattack first plan. Then threw all kinds of ugly at us once they went behind. Kris Boyd being case in point.

We were without Ferguson in middle but Shinnie (until his injury) was all the bite/control needed in middle until Killie got desperate.

We were also missing pretty much any & all our 'creative' players other than McLennan, who I still think is persisting with going to ground to imply way too many fouls on him & is serious danger of getting a bad name for himself. If he would stay up & use his skills a bit better he would be far more important to us. He's young & still learning but needs a word from manager/coaching staff. Robson would be the man for this.

Crucial three points gained under very tough circumstances. So huge credit imo regardless of how ugly the game was.

Ref spoiled any chance of a good game as well as both teams tactics & desperation not to lose

Well that was an interesting afternoon in the sun. Overall we were terrible. Delvin still way off the pace, Shinnie not looking great, no width in the team, Wilson utter gash, Gleeson non-existent and Cosgrove to much of a liability to stay on the pitch.

Despite all that, 3 points.

Referee was poor for both teams....I still can't believe he is allowed to ref games involving Killie when his dad used to play for them.

Well that was an interesting afternoon in the sun. Overall we were terrible. Delvin still way off the pace, Shinnie not looking great, no width in the team, Wilson utter gash, Gleeson non-existent and Cosgrove to much of a liability to stay on the pitch.

Despite all that, 3 points.

Referee was poor for both teams....I still can't believe he is allowed to ref games involving Killie when his dad used to play for them.

Other than a couple of poor passes (canceled out by a couple of great balls that were wasted by others) I thought Geelson had a pretty good game. Certainly not one bad enough to merit any kind of negatives aimed at him.

Give him a break. There is a decent player in there if he gets games I think. He's not a game changer but could be a good player if we get right players in to complement him.

Another result to paper over the cracks, embarrassing to go down there and be so negative, only 3 shots on target against 8 men, shambles.

I agree it does paper over the huge cracks of a pretty pish team but you are being way over dramatic in your statement of it being against eight men.

Considering it was only eight men from the 94th minute & nine from the 84th minute & Killie were desperately pushing for an equaliser & treating it as a cup tie basically by the 66th minute

Judging team on game by game point. They were ok today in tough circumstances

Judging them & the manager & the transfer windows over whole season I would certainly agree with your viewpoint

I'm struggling to get excited about the race for third but I guess that's all that's really left. Unless we win at Ibrox. Then we can get excited about the race for second. Happy days.

It's been a frustrating season right from the very start.

Aberdeen don't have any strikers the only way they will win at IPOX this time is if rangers get 10 players sent off and there's only the keeper to beat. And that will be the defence scoring.
  • Downvote 1

Another result to paper over the cracks, embarrassing to go down there and be so negative, only 3 shots on target against 8 men, shambles.

Shinnie could only literally hobble after the late foul so we essentially had 10 men.

Their last red was practically the last kick of the game. Their 2nd was with 5 mins to go.

And yes, I know I shouldn’t have nibbled

Shinnie could only literally hobble after the late foul so we essentially had 10 men.

Their last red was practically the last kick of the game. Their 2nd was with 5 mins to go.

And yes, I know I shouldn’t have nibbled

They were down to 9 men when we finally managed to get another shot on goal, just poor, we clearly lack an attacking threat.

Also just seen the red card, joke of a decision.

Devlin is so shite on the ball. Worst passer in the team by a mile.

The shiteness of devlins distribution cannot be emphasised enough

And to think we were all raving about him before he got injured too. Really hope he can get back to that early season form for the start of next season