Spfl Play Offs

wit ye chingin yer name tae onywiy..yel look like a bigger dafty thin wit ye awredy ir if ye admin disna chinge it fir ye.. eh hink thi shid leave ye wi it tae b honest wi ye likes

Ach don't worry yourself about that. Just you keep taking your tablets i'm sure you'll eventually come out the other side. We're all rooting for you.

And to think some on here wanted Mcinnes gone and Jack Ross in charge.

I have no idea if Ross is any good, so have no opinion on him replacing McInnes but you clearly rate McInnes as better. Based on what exactly I do not know.

Do you believe McInnes would have done better at Sundered than Ross in same circumstances? Especially given McInnes’s signings history? & Ross basically stole McInnes’s targets lol. Do you believe Ross would have done worse with us?

McInnes was shite in his time in English football.

Not sure how you can some how come away with this ‘I told you so’ type attitude toward Ross as if he is somehow proven now to be worse.

Ross has arguably achieved more in his time in management than McInnes has, comparatively speaking so again, not sure where your smugness of McInnes over Ross is coming from.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have no idea if Ross is any good, so have no opinion on him replacing McInnes but you clearly rate McInnes as better. Based on what exactly I do not know.

Do you believe McInnes would have done better at Sundered than Ross in same circumstances? Especially given McInnes’s signings history? & Ross basically stole McInnes’s targets lol. Do you believe Ross would have done worse with us?

McInnes was shite in his time in English football.

Not sure how you can some how come away with this ‘I told you so’ type attitude toward Ross as if he is somehow proven now to be worse.

Ross has arguably achieved more in his time in management than McInnes has, comparatively speaking so again, not sure where your smugness of McInnes over Ross is coming from.

You’re reading far too much in to this and seem to be really touchy about it which is weird but I’m not surprised since it’s coming from you. My point was that Ross hasn’t had a good season. Probably had the biggest budget in the league and failed to get sunderland promoted because he signed average players. I remember a time on here when folk were touting him as this amazing up and coming manager basing it on very little evidence. Our manager gets a hard time and sometimes it’s justified but Ross certainly insnt the messiah some were saying he is.

You’re reading far too much in to this and seem to be really touchy about it which is weird but I’m not surprised since it’s coming from you. My point was that Ross hasn’t had a good season. Probably had the biggest budget in the league and failed to get sunderland promoted because he signed average players. I remember a time on here when folk were touting him as this amazing up and coming manager basing it on very little evidence. Our manager gets a hard time and sometimes it’s justified but Ross certainly insnt the messiah some were saying he is.

No.

You are reading far too much into his failure to get Sunderland promoted & somehow linking this to mean he would also have failed at Aberdeen, or been a lot worse than McInnes has.

Point is. McInnes failed at Bristol city also. Your argument against Ross now would/should have been exactly the same against McInnes when he was first linked with Aberdeen job after Bristol titties.

So your ‘I told yous so’ post reveling in the ‘failure’ of Ross by comparing him to McInnes as if one has somehow been proven to be better was vastly unsubstantiated speculation based on your imagination.

I do like how you try & use my undoubted reputation as a shite speaker on here to somehow give your own shite speak credit.

But I am not in the slightest bit touchy about it.

I see both managers as the same level of shite to average at best but Ross has the advantage of being relatively new to the job

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No.

You are reading far too much into his failure to get Sunderland promoted & somehow linking this to mean he would also have failed at Aberdeen, or been a lot worse than McInnes has.

Point is. McInnes failed at Bristol city also. Your argument against Ross now would/should have been exactly the same against McInnes when he was first linked with Aberdeen job after Bristol titties.

So your ‘I told yous so’ post reveling in the ‘failure’ of Ross by comparing him to McInnes as if one has somehow been proven to be better was vastly unsubstantiated speculation based on your imagination.

I do like how you try & use my undoubted reputation as a shite speaker on here to somehow give your own shite speak credit.

But I am not in the slightest bit touchy about it.

I see both managers as the same level of shite to average at best but Ross has the advantage of being relatively new to the job

McInnes was tasked with cutting the wage bill significantly at Bristol and trying to avoid relegation, Jack had a much large budget and failed

McInnes was tasked with cutting the wage bill significantly at Bristol and trying to avoid relegation, Jack had a much large budget and failed

That’s the crux of it, which FnD casually ignored in my original post to suit his argument.

Really. Players like McGeouch are the standard wage budget of Sunderland are they? & far & above the rest within league one?

Rubbish.

A new/inexperienced manager like Ross is not going to be given a massive budget. Not one like a proven manager is.

Ross was a cheap option & on a cheap budget that Sunderland hoped could work some miracles.

Just because their budget is much bigger than Aberdeen’s & they can beat us to signings, doesn’t mean their budget is huge by the rest of league one standards.

Why do you think so many managers (including McInnes) have refused Sunderlands approaches.

Ross failing with them proves nothing in terms of his abilities compared to McInnes because imo McInnes would just as likely have failed also with them as both managers are either inexperienced or blatantly average/shite but one at least has scope to improve.

• Downvote 1

Really. Players like McGeouch are the standard wage budget of Sunderland are they? & far & above the rest within league one?

Rubbish.

A new/inexperienced manager like Ross is not going to be given a massive budget. Not one like a proven manager is.

Ross was a cheap option & on a cheap budget that Sunderland hoped could work some miracles.

Just because their budget is much bigger than Aberdeen’s & they can beat us to signings, doesn’t mean their budget is huge by the rest of league one standards.

Why do you think so many managers (including McInnes) have refused Sunderlands approaches.

Ross failing with them proves nothing in terms of his abilities compared to McInnes because imo McInnes would just as likely have failed also with them as both managers are either inexperienced or blatantly average/shite but one at least has scope to improve.

So you’re really suggesting Sunderland have withheld money because they don’t have a more experienced manager in charge. Why appoint him in the first place? Basically saying that they weren’t fussed about getting promoted. In my mind if you are going for promotion, you throw everything at it. You speak some shite but even for you that’s mental.

Rubbish.

Sunderland spent 4million on a striker, probably more on that one player than the rest of the league combined.

Wages, Cattermole and McGeady combined earn 70k per week, I'd hazard a guess that this will be comfortably more than any other club spends on their entire first team squad each week. Easily.

Jack Ross has massively underachieved, to suggest otherwise is nonsense.

• Downvote 1

Sunderland spent 4million on a striker, probably more on that one player than the rest of the league combined.

Wages, Cattermole and McGeady combined earn 70k per week, I'd hazard a guess that this will be comfortably more than any other club spends on their entire first team squad each week. Easily.

Jack Ross has massively underachieved, to suggest otherwise is nonsense.

Correct

• Downvote 1

So you’re really suggesting Sunderland have withheld money because they don’t have a more experienced manager in charge. Why appoint him in the first place? Basically saying that they weren’t fussed about getting promoted. In my mind if you are going for promotion, you throw everything at it. You speak some shite but even for you that’s mental.

I am saying they haven’t got the budget they once had. Not even close & that is why they are going for low budget managers.

McInnes was one of them.

He didn’t go because their expectations based on their budgets didn’t make the job as easy as you are implying it was.

Jack Ross has indeed failed to perform there but that in no way makes him a proven worse manager than McInnes is. Like you are trying to say. Both managers are unproven in England. Ross was a success in his time before going there, arguably like McInnes was before going to Bristol. Both have now failed in their short careers in England but Ross is still learning. McInnes was relatively more experienced even when he went to city.

The main point is you are trying to use Ross’s ‘failure’ down there as some kind of proof that he is so much worse than McInnes & as such would have failed worse than McInnes had he replaced him at Aberdeen. There is no justification for you to have somehow (& somewhat smugly I may add) come to this ‘I told you so’ conclusion.

McInnes is proven to be shite to average at best over a long period of time & at a few clubs now.

Ross has not yet been proven to be that yet & certainly not any worse yet but that may yet come in future.

I wouldn’t bet against him achieving more than McInnes yet, as that is not a high standard to beat ;)

• Downvote 1

Jack Ross might end up being a better manager than McInnes but he's got it all to prove.

Both got teams promoted to the Scottish Premier league

McInnes kept Bristol City in the Championship in the first instance before failing under financial restrictions and some poor signings the following season and losing his job before the season was out.

Ross failed to get Sunderland promoted with probably the biggest budget in League One.

At a comparable stage in their careers there's not a lot in it, I'd say McInnes edges it slightly for keeping Bristol City up in the first instance.

Besides. Whilst Ross did indeed fail with his own & his bosses target of immediate promotion.

He did get reasonably close. 6 points away from automatic promotion & losing out on promotion via play offs by a 94th minute winner in the final.

I would say McInnes has failed more than Ross has this season if you want to try to disguise your original smug argument to directly compare them both & their comparative budgets.

Jack Ross might end up being a better manager than McInnes but he's got it all to prove.

Both got teams promoted to the Scottish Premier league

McInnes kept Bristol City in the Championship in the first instance before failing under financial restrictions and some poor signings the following season and losing his job before the season was out.

Ross failed to get Sunderland promoted with probably the biggest budget in League One.

At a comparable stage in their careers there's not a lot in it, I'd say McInnes edges it slightly for keeping Bristol City up in the first instance.

Correct nothing to compare & certainly no justification in implying he would have failed with us more than McInnes has

Besides. Whilst Ross did indeed fail with his own & his bosses target of immediate promotion.

He did get reasonably close. 6 points away from automatic promotion & losing out on promotion via play offs by a 94th minute winner in the final.

I would say McInnes has failed more than Ross has this season if you want to try to disguise your original smug argument to directly compare them both & their comparative budgets.

McInnes finished 4th with the 3rd highest budget. Got to the League Cup Final and Scottish Cup semi final losing to Celtic both times

Ross finished 3rd with what we suspect was the highest budget. Got to the English lower league Cup final and lost.

Again, McInnes probably edges it.

What is the point of even arguing or debating about this anyway as McInnes will still be the manager next season and Ross will still be Sunderland boss next season

Close season isn't it?

Some folk are heatedly debating whether it's worth flying someone up for talks before their contract expires.