Future Of The Club

Which was a very good crowd for a major sporting event. You're falling into the trap of comparing it to men's football.

Also doesn't detract from the fact that thousands travelled from Scotland and England for the game and made up the bulk of the crowd.

I'll take that wager that women's football continues to grow in terms of media interest, sponsorship, and advertising.

Well I'm not allowed to share the stats from the BBC website, but if my posts are getting more views on here then what the BBC gets from women's football, then I can only imagine that's because I'm a box office poster, and I'm probably making @@Bebo a very rich man.

While we're on the subject, any chance the beeb could move the women's football to its own page?

Would mean I don't have to trawl through endless articles about what a fucking inspiration Shellley fucking Kerr is. Also, you'd get more accurate analytics from its own page.

Would mean I don't have to trawl through endless articles about what a fucking inspiration Shellley fucking Kerr is.

The amount of media arse licking for this tournament has been unreal. Barely even mention the actual football, it's just one big exercise in gender politics and feminist propoganda. #inspirational #empowerment blah blah zzzz

While we're on the subject, any chance the beeb could move the women's football to its own page?

Would mean I don't have to trawl through endless articles about what a fucking inspiration Shellley fucking Kerr is. Also, you'd get more accurate analytics from its own page.

That's not how it works.

I was under the impression that's exactly how it works.

I've seen the analytics our social media dept gets. You'd be able to tell how many people specifically clicked on the 'Women's Football' tab as opposed to fans of the men's game who click on these stories out of boredom or due to an 'appealing' thumbnail.

6.1m million folk would watch Scotland V England play Kerplunk if the weather was crap, it had a prime time slot on the biggest free to air channel and there is no other sporting events on terrestrial TV.

Nothing against women's football. I think it's great that the game had got to where it is but the women's world cup is cheap sports coverage for the BBC. Prime time curling would get millions of viewers.

I do diskike that the Sportscene crew getting a jolly out of it. Watching that clown Thompson try to nutmeg people on a beach front is waste of cash akin to the Metropolitan police being funded to have another summer in the Algarve.

:laughing:

Who knew!?  No one can bother their arse to actually watch the womens SPFL, yet there is a massive online following and hunger for the match reports!

To be fair to you, you do a decent job of attempting to justify your own existence!  You would have to, otherwise it would be soul-destroying work I imagine... Fortunately, blowing your own trumpet has never been a problem for you!

If they word the headlines right. They can get linked to other sites accidentally.

Helps boost the figures/stats

6.1m million folk would watch Scotland V England play Kerplunk if the weather was crap, it had a prime time slot on the biggest free to air channel and there is no other sporting events on terrestrial TV.

Nothing against women's football. I think it's great that the game had got to where it is but the women's world cup is cheap sports coverage for the BBC. Prime time curling would get millions of viewers.

I do diskike that the Sportscene crew getting a jolly out of it. Watching that clown Thompson try to nutmeg people on a beach front is waste of cash akin to the Metropolitan police being funded to have another summer in the Algarve.

It’s the same with the old firm games. They have big viewing figures but it’s because they are on at lunch when there isn’t any other football on tv. If there was another decent game on at same time the figures would be far less.

6.1m is a good figure, there's no disputing it. Good scheduling and the Scotland v England factor obviously played a part. Would be interesting to see the figures for the other games not involving the home nations to get a more balanced picture.

The lesson here for the sfa is not to sell your soul to satellite TV for a few extra shillings. There's a bigger picture here and kids should be able to watch their national team on free TV. Even England have latched on to this concept

6.1m is a good figure, there's no disputing it. Good scheduling and the Scotland v England factor obviously played a part. Would be interesting to see the figures for the other games not involving the home nations to get a more balanced picture.

The lesson here for the sfa is not to sell your soul to satellite TV for a few extra shillings. There's a bigger picture here and kids should be able to watch their national team on free TV. Even England have latched on to this concept

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Come on now.

The attendance was 13,000 including corporate sponsors and freebies.

Aberdeen struggle to get punters through the door to watch the mens team.  The Aberdeen womens team could win 10IAR and they still wouldn't get anyone along to watch them.

Womens football is pish and will return to irrelevance after this world cup.

The sad fact is that your posts on AFC Chat get more views than your articles about womens Scottish football on the BBC website!  No one cares.

Savage haha

What do you mean? Yeah England will be paid handsomely for being on itv but I'm sure sky could have outbid them.

The amount terrestrial TV will offer the English FA will be closer to what Sky would offer England in comparison to ourselves.

Remember, Gary Lineker is paid more to present MOTD than our own league receives for the highlights package.

The amount terrestrial TV will offer the English FA will be closer to what Sky would offer England in comparison to ourselves.

Remember, Gary Lineker is paid more to present MOTD than our own league receives for the highlights package.

Some things are more important than short term financial gain. The sfa have a responsibility to look after the game financially, yes, but this needs to be balanced with their overall stewardship which includes attracting young people to the sport.

I think a generation of Scottish youngsters watching their team on freely available TV are more likely to be emotionally connected to the team as adults and spend money going to games etc.

Some things are more important than short term financial gain. The sfa have a responsibility to look after the game financially, yes, but this needs to be balanced with their overall stewardship which includes attracting young people to the sport.

I think a generation of Scottish youngsters watching their team on freely available TV are more likely to be emotionally connected to the team as adults and spend money going to games etc.

Money conquers all.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/07/02/afc-shareholders-vote-to-become-a-private-limited-company/

Will watch with baited breath to see how this is spun by the doom and gloom merchants on twitter.

Doesn't need much spinning tbh.

First time share issue has been mentioned which I always assumed would be the case.

Happy to plough my £££ into the club as was too young during the previous rounds.

All good news

The change from a public to a private limited company has came about because they don't want you're kind of investment.

Unless you have 500k+ to invest that is.

• Downvote 1