Ryan Hedges

3 minutes ago, OddJob said:

This will definitely be grim viewing today. As inconsistent as Hibs have been if they cant beat us today (which i hope they don't) then they are as bad as us really

I only know a few hibs fans and the general feeling is they are worse than us. 

15 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Oh not I'm not denying that. Just sad to see how quick he declined given he was very good for us.

Issue is we have no other right back option and he's sitting on a massive wage and we can't play him much more cause it'll trigger a year extension

Why we never signed a right back after him and played them is beyond me (Ronnie wasn't our signing nor did we pay for him)

I'm not sure it's true he's on a massive wage. 

However it might well be very significant that he isn't getting played because of the extension trigger. Especially if the instruction has come from Cormack rather than Mcinnes taking the decision himself. We know we have a big rebuilding job in the summer and with a reduced budget  to achieve it. I'm hoping that Cormack has said not to allow Shay to reach the trigger figure because he's intending on having a new manager insitu to carry out the rebuild and trying to give whoever it is as much flexibility with whatver budget he has to do it.

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

However it might well be very significant that he isn't getting played because of the extension trigger. Especially if the instruction has come from Cormack rather than Mcinnes taking the decision himself. We know we have a big rebuilding job in the summer and with a reduced budget  to achieve it. I'm hoping that Cormack has said not to allow Shay to reach the trigger figure because he's intending on having a new manager insitu to carry out the rebuild and trying to give whoever it is as much flexibility with whatver budget he has to do it.

I was lead to beleive he was given when he signed he was one of the better players in the team. Same way McGinn got an increase on his wages when he re-signed for us.

I've been of the opinion that this summer we will have a new manager and ideally we give him as much budget and free reign to build the squad he wants. If you look at the players we let go recently and the signigns have only been loans to me (might be over thinking it) would indicate that change is afoot

7 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

I was lead to beleive he was given when he signed he was one of the better players in the team. Same way McGinn got an increase on his wages when he re-signed for us.

I've been of the opinion that this summer we will have a new manager and ideally we give him as much budget and free reign to build the squad he wants. If you look at the players we let go recently and the signigns have only been loans to me (might be over thinking it) would indicate that change is afoot

McGinn is going to have to earn corn during the remainder of this season, that's for sure!  Frightening thought how much we're going to need to depend on him.  One of our only creative players.

Aye, if we can get a tune out of McGinn. If Hayes performs even to a mild resemblance of how he used to. If Kennedy can find a man with some crosses. If Mclennan can find a bit of football intelligence. If McGeouch can stay injury free. If Lewis has got his Clangers stage out of his system. If the new strike force can find a goal.

Lots of big ifs, but if a few of these happen, we have a chance of qualifying for Europe. ?

23 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Logan disappearance is a strange one, considering Derek was bringing him on to cover centre mid a few weeks back and now he's not even trusting him in his own position. 

1 minute ago, Sonoftherock said:

McGinn is going to have to earn corn during the remainder of this season, that's for sure!  Frightening thought how much we're going to need to depend on him.  One of our only creative players.

Aye for sure, however he's looked miles off it the last few times we've played. The end of the season is going to be a sturggle to watch, can see the football getting even worse sadly. Going to be a case of square pegs and round holes

2 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Aye for sure, however he's looked miles off it the last few times we've played. The end of the season is going to be a sturggle to watch, can see the football getting even worse sadly. Going to be a case of square pegs and round holes

Yeah I don't think there's any danger mcginn will be getting game time. 

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Unfortunately looks like Hedges not made the Welsh squad, really unlucky with timing of injury I feel 

Might work to our benefit though. Get him rested, fit and 100% ready for next season.

He'd have been unlikely to play if he was in the squad, same with Consi (who at his age needs the break).

23 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

We got £70k for Arnasson in 2018, surely money gone up now I bet

I'm nae sure we did but regardless that was for a World Cup. 

Euro 2016
It was confirmed last month that 641 European clubs received compensation for their players' involvement in Euro 2016 and the relevant qualifying matches. This is a significant increase on Euro 2012 (575 clubs) and even more so on Euro 2008 (180 clubs).

To break down the figures, a total of 150 million has been distributed in total, with 100 million being paid for the tournament itself and the remaining 50 million assigned to the qualifying matches. The average payment amount in qualification matches (per player, per match) ranged from 3,536 to 4,307, depending on whether a nation had played 10 or 12 qualification matches. During the tournament itself, the fees are paid per day and the averages differ depending on the category of each club (assigned by FIFA). These averages range from 2,410 (category 3 clubs) to 7,231 (category 1 clubs).

6 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

True, but gets a game performs amazing and suddenly another £2+ million player 

Or he plays well and then runs his deal down and leaves on the cheap. Rather we get him rested and back for a full pre-season under Glass etc and hopefully sign a new deal