Curtis Main

Giroud is irrelevant as not only did he not score in the World Cup, he was the only player ever to be a cup winner without posting a single shot on target but still won a World Cup medal, but they had griezman, kante, pogba, varane, fekir, lemar, Mbappe etc

We don’t hold that quality for playing with ten men!

he was the only player ever to be a cup winner without posting a single shot on target but still won a World Cup medal, 

What is it you were trying to say there? It seems like you are saying Giroud is the only person to win the world cup without getting a shot on target but that can't be true...?

A was just reiterating del monte,s point

About giroud being not great!!, for us to have to carry a player like France basically did at the World Cup is impossible due to the quality of player we possess!,

And iam correct in saying out of every team that has won the World Cup, there main striker has always at the very least, out of six games, once registered a shot on target,

Giroud didn’t!, the only player in history to win a World Cup medal without registering a single shot on

A sevco fan at my work believes signing main is a great bit of business by us. Says he gave their defence a torrid time when he played them - didn't stop moving etc.

Thats funny you should say that as guy I work with who supports THAT lot said the exact same thing to me this afternoon. I said I wasn’t exactly enthralled by the signing but like any player we sign they will be given a chance

Giroud is irrelevant as not only did he not score in the World Cup, he was the only player ever to be a cup winner without posting a single shot on target but still won a World Cup medal, but they had griezman, kante, pogba, varane, fekir, lemar, Mbappe etc

We don’t hold that quality for playing with ten men!

About giroud being not great!!, for us to have to carry a player like France basically did at the World Cup is impossible due to the quality of player we possess!,

And iam correct in saying out of every team that has won the World Cup, there main striker has always at the very least, out of six games, once registered a shot on target,

Giroud didn’t!, the only player in history to win a World Cup medal without registering a single shot on

And a know it’s not just about scoring goals, making runs, setting up, lay offs,passes, headers on and holding the ball up but, you expect more from your striker

You've totally missed Del Monte's point, he wasn't saying Giroud was shit because he didn't have a shot on target, he was saying he was able to have a positive impact as a striker without being a goal threat

Re-watched the highlights of that Semi Final we lsot 3-0 and he scored twice.

I don't see the hype over him from that game. He scored a tap-in, where nobody was marking him. His second was a one on one with th goalkeeper, good finish though, after Arnason smashed the ball off him. 

Are people just remember that he scored, or was he actually any good? 

I don't see the hype over him from that game. He scored a tap-in, where nobody was marking him. His second was a one on one with th goalkeeper, good finish though, after Arnason smashed the ball off him.

He played well.

Aye but the point was that he doesn't score an incredible amount of goals.

0 in the World Cup yet part of a successful team.

Some strikers enable the team as a whole to score more. Obviously you'd rather a striker who can do both but that's obviously tough for us to find.

I'll just stop everyone there.

Let's not talk about a world class footballer in Giroud, in the same sentence as Curtis Main.

Clearly missed the point but I'm not sure you would understand even if it was explained.

That's mental clutching at straws from you.

Even with the point you're trying to make, nothing backs up the idea that Curtis Main makes the teams he plays in better. He seems to have a good attitude but pedalling him as a link up target man? I admire your positivity but Christ min.

I'm definitely in the "meh" camp regarding Main

However the Motherwell manager is Stephen Robinson....a fairly respected guy who seems to have a reasonable eye for a player and who might just be mentioned for our top job when DM finally gets an English gig/gets his jotters (delete as appropriate). Robinson wanted Main to sign a contract extension. I'll therefore accept there might just be a player in there and give him my full backing until proven otherwise. 

That's mental clutching at straws from you.

Even with the point you're trying to make, nothing backs up the idea that Curtis Main makes the teams he plays in better. He seems to have a good attitude but pedalling him as a link up target man? I admire your positivity but Christ min.

That wasn't my point. My point was that some strikers do work that allows their team to score more goals and that their own stats aren't the be all and end all.

Granted its a Main thread but I didn't even fucking mention him in the post when I replied to you. Weird response.

He was ok but mostly due to the fact Dom Ball was horrific at RB.

As was I, and I wasn’t comparing main to giroud, was just suggesting that teams can get away with having a forward player that doesn’t score like exceptional teams with quality players, sadly we are not at that level and need all 11 players to be doing the business to get anywhere, Europe the last 5 years proves this,

Main is shite. Have folk even seen him? He's not even tall like Cozzy/Giroud or whoever the fuck you's are putting him in the same sentence with.

As for being good against us that semi final, his 1st goal was a tap in and 2nd was a Kari fuck up.

However, he may do okay - two footed, strong, maybe with different players around him it might work out. 

Main is shite. Have folk even seen him? He's not even tall like Cozzy/Giroud or whoever the fuck you's are putting him in the same sentence with.

As for being good against us that semi final, his 1st goal was a tap in and 2nd was a Kari fuck up.

However, he may do okay - two footed, strong, maybe with different players around him it might work out.

All he did was score the goals that knocked us out then.

Useless cunt that he was.