Curtis Main

Main is your basic bulldozer type power house striker.

Time will tell if that works for us. We haven’t really had that type in the side since Shearer.

Very much doubt he will turn out close to Shearers level/strength but hope he comes close at least.

He may be closer to Magennis level than Shearer.

Hopefully we get pleasantly surprised.

Time will tell if that works for us. We haven’t really had that type in the side since Shearer.

Very much doubt he will turn out close to Shearers level/strength but hope he comes close at least.

Shearer scored goals.

You mean we haven’t had an effective one in that role since Shearer? There’s been a few and they’ve all been pretty mince

You mean we haven’t had an effective one in that role since Shearer? There’s been a few and they’ve all been pretty mince

Nah, only real 'battering ram' type we've had up front since Shearer was Magennis really.

Can't really think of any other strikers we've had since that I would put in that category.

They type that went through defenders rather than around them

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nah, only real 'battering ram' type we've had up front since Shearer was Magennis really.

Can't really think of any other strikers we've had since that I would put in that category.

They type that went through defenders rather than around them

Fair enough, I’d have said a few of the strikers we’ve had have tried that style, just been shite at it, Tommy Smith, Leon Mike, Eugene Dadi, Stockley, Zola? Fuckin hell what a list and that’s not even half of them

Fair enough, I’d have said a few of the strikers we’ve had have tried that style, just been shite at it, Tommy Smith, Leon Mike, Eugene Dadi, Stockley, Zola? Fuckin hell what a list and that’s not even half of them

How about Brewster? Don’t remember too much of his time with us but I generally recall that he had a physical side to his game.

• Upvote 1

Maddison wasn't the full package when he came to us. He swanned about, diving around and had a pretty shite workrate. His spells of brilliance were there to be seen, but he wasn't doing enough to warrant more game time.

He's improved significantly, from what i've seen, in a league where he's not getting kicked about by journeymen and Scott Brown types.

That maybe so. But even though he was inconsistent it was plain to see from his touch, vision and football brain that he was destined for big things.

But in true SPL fashion he was widely viewed as a luxury player that couldn't be fitted in

I did.....I also swear that’s what I wrote. Either my mind is mush, or my iPad keeps changing sentences after I type them. I’ve seen it do it a lot, fuck you Apple, how do I switch that shit off?

Yeah iPads are cunts for that. Either changing words to American spellings, or highlight words & deleting them ;)

• 1 month later...