Nailed it.

It's about time James Wilson proved his worth too.

What the fuck is the point of him?

I've been critical of Cosgrove not his scoring but his general play, I thought he done ok tonight with the limited touches he had, feel sorry for him being left so isolated when he's in the form of his life.  I'd have taken Wilson on even if he was to play midfield, think Cosgrove relaxes more when another 'striker' is on the field even if he's playing a bit away from him.

• Upvote 2

We've looked good going forward this year, brilliant at times, why does he have to try and be Mourihno instead of playing to our strengths, best form of defence is attack not 10 men behind the ball, we were asking to be raped, I'm pissed off. Have tickets for next week but regretting it now, we're out.

The whole ethos of European football nowadays is based on the “away goal” and how much you can get, so every right to be a bit pissed off this evening.

Rarely see teams now set up to try and get the 0-0 draw which very much looked like our thinking tonight.

You have to show some sort of ambition in these games to get the reward.

Its a poor result thanks to an overly-tentative performance and silly mistakes.

But, FFS, lets not piss our pants and throw in the towel already, with the home tie still to come - as per many petted-lipped posters.

Personally I think if the team gets the finger out and has a good crowd behind them, then we can still go through.  That team is no great shakes and we likely beat them 9 times out of 10.

Lets show some British Steel, instead of the usual Scottish defeatism in football. Yes, be critical of what was a poor show, but don't give up till its over.

I was pissed off at the final whistle, but am fucking raging (which is worse, btw) after reading some of the posts on here "tie is over" etc.

If we do go out - and we might - I will accept it after the final whistle at pittodrie, not a second before.

I'd hate to share a trench with some of the cunts on here.

PS - what about the racists at Premier Sports crediting Ojo with Logan's yellow card at the penalty :P 

• Downvote 4

This team is not as good as we think it is after some of the home performance. The slightest pressure and their passing goes to fuck.

That was an inept performance tonight by any measure. Naive defending, couldn't hold onto the ball in midfield, nothing going forward, delivery from set pieces and crosses was shite.

Agreed. Teams will see through our one-dimensional "cautious approach, then punt it to the big gangly lone striker" brand of football in no time.

I think they already have.

I actually thought we had assembled a squad where we were gonna try and move the ball about more on the deck but looks like we reverted to type tonight. Constantly just invited them to come onto us, Cosgrove was hung out to dry with nobody around him.

This team is not as good as we think it is after some of the home performance. The slightest pressure and their passing goes to fuck.

That was an inept performance tonight by any measure. Naive defending, couldn't hold onto the ball in midfield, nothing going forward, delivery from set pieces and crosses was shite.

Agree. Our passing under the cosh was amateur. Ojo isnt great for range, limits ability for us to break quickly. 

I've been critical of Cosgrove not his scoring but his general play, I thought he done ok tonight with the limited touches he had, feel sorry for him being left so isolated when he's in the form of his life.  I'd have taken Wilson on even if he was to play midfield, think Cosgrove relaxes more when another 'striker' is on the field even if he's playing a bit away from him.

Cosgrove didn't have a chance in that game,literally.

Was clear early on that the formation wasn't working. The game is there to be won and an away goal is everything.

We could have started the game with that intensity and really went for it.

Shite all round.

Could’ve done with a goal, now it’s going to be all out attack at Pittodrie, where we’ll probably be 2-0 up and lose a goal to lose 2-1. Fuck it, nah, we’ve got this, just don’t let them dictate the pace of the game again ffs

Hahahaha good one McInnes would not know “all out attack” if it hit him in the arse

He will probably set up next week with same team trying to keep it tight till around 60th minute then put another forward on.

Using the excuse that he wants same team to redeem themselves

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If only.

Back in the real world, he'll tell them to keep it tight for the 1st 45 and try and hit them on the break. Give us a firm foundation for attacking in the second half.

Then we'll creak into an unaccustomed forward gear after half-time, but not with enough conviction to get a goal.

Then with about 20 minutes left we'll go into panic mode and actually start to look like we might score.

Then we'll get a late goal, then time will run out.

Excellent post

Just seen the result and read the comments. Really disappointed. Feel sorry for Campbell - remember he's only a young lad. They are clearly a very decent side who I suspect will reach the group stages. Early days but I still believe this to be the best Dons side McInnes has assembled during his reign. We'll see how the season pans out.

That was dreadful tonight. Panicked under even the thought of any pressure. Thought we were set u far too defensively as well, we offered absolutely nothing going forward which was really disappointing.

Overturning this result next week would have to go down as one of / the best European performances since Fergies time

Reasons to be positive. 

10 goals in the last 3 home games. Averages out at around 3 goals per game. 

Currently down 2-0, and we will definitely score 3 according to those stats. 

So, let's wait and see x