While I'm aware there is still one leg to go (but seriously, are we really expecting a Ujpest Dosza Mk.2 performance?!) I think McInnes has to 100% take the blame for this one. It's not as if we were playing Sociedad, Burnley or even Maribor...

I defended his record overall until last season's disappointment, but stand by what I said a year ago; he cannot and will not take us any further. Year after year, he makes the same mistakes over and over again. Is anyone surprised that he set us out with an overly-cautious approach, with a failed hoofball strategy and a lone striker, on a day where yet another loan signing was unveiled?

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is 2008 all over again, where we retained a limited manager who was past his shelf life and subsequently went backwards the following season as a result.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I agree with most on here tonight. Campbell is a good young player, but he was at fault tonight and he is in the first team and will get slaughtered for having fresh legs out on the pitch and not putting a foot in when being easily turned. Just because his dad is here on the forum it seems most folk are to scared to single him out for negativity. If it was any other young player tonight say McLennan or Anderson who were easily turned, 95% of this forum would have been slating them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Aye Logan and Campbell cost us with two bad errors.

As soon as Campbell was in trouble then he needs to make the foul - lack of experience

Logan's was stupid as fuck but I can understand why he did it because in domestic football those ones are never penalised (and also dont normally result in a dive)

Agree the subs were utterly bizarre.

Wilson or Main for Cosgrove with 15 mins to go was the sub. It wasn't the game for Campbell

I thought their CBs dealt with Cosgrove well. So why he'd bring on Main to launch the ball and try better them down I don't know. Wilson making runs in behind would've been a better move.

Derek was shown up tonight

I agree with most on here tonight. Campbell is a good young player, but he was at fault tonight and he is in the first team and will get slaughtered for having fresh legs out on the pitch and not putting a foot in when being easily turned. Just because his dad is here on the forum it seems most folk are to scared to single him out for negativity. If it was any other young player tonight say McLennan or Anderson who were easily turned, 95% of this forum would have been slating them.

I never seen the game, but going by the comments and the match reports, it seems DM is the main culprit, we have been playing decent attacking/passing football last couple of games and scoring goals.

Then this game he changes the game plan, I get it, adapt the team and tactics to the opponent, but we should always be looking for ways to maximise our strengths, playing hoofball is not a strength, and then sending younger guys on late in the game to save it.  (When is Bryson going to be fit by the way?)

Some of the comments on here min, It sure was nice having a positive fanbase for a couple weeks! Back to the usual...

Aye we were negative tonight but every team are cautious away in europe in a 2 legged tie.

Had we lost 3 or 4 nil the bed wetters would be fully flowing and be slaughtering us.

Still in the tie and a packed pittodrie and us on top of them and an early goal, can see this lot crumble, Instead of negative tits calling out Mcinnes etc, how about get behind the team??

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Some of the comments on here min, It was nice having a positive fanbase for a couple weeks! Back to the usual...

Aye we were negative tonight but so are every team away in a 2 legged tie in Europe. Had we lost 3 or 4 nil the bed wetters would be fully flowing and be slaughtering us.

Still in the tie and a packed pittodrie and us on top of them and an early goal, can see this lot crumble, Instead of negative tits calling McInnes a hun etc, how about get behind the team??

Like the Huns you mean? They were clearly negative as fuck away fae home as they only scored the four. I'd suggest it's your bed that will be soaking the night as overflow is inevitable as you are clearly full of it.

Like the Huns you mean? They were clearly negative as fuck away fae home as they only scored the four. I'd suggest it's your bed that will be soaking the night as overflow is inevitable as you are clearly full of it.

Okay sorry mCiNnEs OuT then!

One domestic game into the season and a couple euro ties and we're questioning the manager then aye? Ffs.

Tonight didn't go our way and aye we were poor but we're still in the tie, a good atmosphere with less dour negative cunts and we can still do it.

• Downvote 3

Woeful performance against an utterly average side.

Unbelievably frustrating. No faith shown in our own ability.  :banghead:

Having said that, until Logan's brain shart, looked likely to peter out to a 0-0.

Bit of a wake up call for us regarding the praise we have been lavishing on some of the new signings.

Ojo in particular, looked lost tonight.

Given, that our tactics didn't make it any easier for him.

Sorry but that is utter garbage, no one on here is scared to have a go at Campbell because his Dad is on here. Most football clubs fans tend to give younger players a bit of leeway when they make mistakes as they are usually smart enough to know that’s part of the learning process in becoming a professional footballer, any of the other players you mentioned would get exactly the same leeway. Players like Logan who are more experienced and should know better, rightly get stick. Ollie himself has said he’s happy enough to listen to criticism of his son, as long as it’s fair

Sounds about right.

No wonder fans get frustrated with this sitting off teams approach.

Must be dozens of games of evidence now of this failing against half decent sides.

I don’t think that we’re not good enough to do it, it’s a pretty standard approach for European away fixtures, it’s just that we tend to lack either the consistency or concentration for it this early in the season.

Woeful performance against an utterly average side.

Unbelievably frustrating. No faith shown in our own ability. :banghead:

Having said that, until Logan's brain shart, looked likely to peter out to a 0-0.

Bit of a wake up call for us regarding the praise we have been lavishing on some of the new signings.

Ojo in particular, looked lost tonight.

Given, that our tactics didn't make it any easier for him.

Problem for ojo was Ferguson sat to deep I thought. It meant when he done his stuff he had no forward pass on. Invariably he would then pass it to a defender who would launch the ball forward resulting in it coming back at us again. Such a frustrating period. They also didn’t give ojo much Space.

I said it earlier but mcginn hedges and Gallagher killed us. They were so negative. Hedges never seemed to get in to game after tripping over the ball.

People are right in that the tie isn’t over but who believes we can keep a clean sheet ?

Some of the comments on here min, It sure was nice having a positive fanbase for a couple weeks! Back to the usual...

Aye we were negative tonight but every team are cautious away in europe in a 2 legged tie.

Had we lost 3 or 4 nil the bed wetters would be fully flowing and be slaughtering us.

Still in the tie and a packed pittodrie and us on top of them and an early goal, can see this lot crumble, Instead of negative tits calling out Mcinnes etc, how about get behind the team??

The huns weren't.

Trying to be balanced here.

Good initial team selection, nothing negative about it on paper.

We looked fairly comfortable up until the Logan error and even a 1.0 defeat wouldn’t have been a disaster.

However, bizarre substitutions when an away goal would have really helped our cause, we never looked like creating anything let alone scoring and we played really poorly when we had the ball. I can’t think of many players that would be given pass marks.

My overall feeling is it just looked like a negative performance, we never really got numbers forward and it looked like we were prioritising keeping it a tight match.

Afraid it’s a standard criticism of McInnes in big matches. It’s worked a couple of times against Rangers in recent times but more often than not we lose without a fight and against teams that we shouldn’t be petrified of.

A draw is a decent result away from home in Europe but when we can’t keep a clean sheet against the dross in q1 and q2 it seems obvious it isn’t our best strategy against remotely decent teams, especially with how good we were starting to look when we attacked teams.

The only positive is we surely only have the option of going for it in the home leg and I feel we can score at least a couple of goals against that opposition.

It's all about mentality for t me. I don't think at their best and our best there's really anything in it between the two sides. But we went there for a draw. Ferguson even said in the press a draw would be a good result. Teams don't improve and progress to win things with that mentality.

Contrast that to the huns. Go to Denmark and pump them 4-2. As much as we hate them, even when they are/were shit, they'd go places and play their game. Every game at Pittodrie they have dominated. They don't necessarily win because as I said they were shit but they believed they were good enough to play their game.

You go in having bigged up the other team you get timid performances like we put in. No belief that we can get a result (ok the caveat is Rijeka away few years ago but that's an exception). We have continuously seen performances like this and it's down to belief and mentality and the team not playing our game or to Our own strengths. It's gone unnoticed but we cannot defend for 90 mins against even half decent sides when You have clowns like Logan in there.

McInnes mindset hampering the team in big games.

• Upvote 2

Okay sorry mCiNnEs OuT then!

One domestic game into the season and a couple euro ties and we're questioning the manager then aye? Ffs.

Tonight didn't go our way and aye we were poor but we're still in the tie, a good atmosphere with less dour negative cunts and we can still do it.

You completely miss the point I think.

Regardless of circumstances or stages in the season, most fans will be highly fucked off that we basically handed them that game without even really making an effort to go forward.

There is no excuse for losing games and not having a go. We have good enough players to be making a mark on these games and not trying to fulfil that potential is unacceptable.

That was almost a fucking Levein strategy last night.

We learned a lot about this new team tonight, we learned nothing new about our manager and his tactics.

Amongst all the rants, this is it in a nutshell. We have the makings of a good team and look dangerous when we are on the front foot. Unfortunately, DM is scared or reluctant to put faith in the very team he has assembled by reverting to his default safety first tactics.