I don't get all the Campbell love in on here at all. I know he's a young loon and a dons supporter but he's not the next big thing. No Simpson or Cooper for sure, more Ian Angus.

Fuck off.

He's clearly a talented boy, but I think he needs a loan.

He's barely played 10 games for Aberdeen and only started about 3. No need to shit on his ability like that.

I don't think he's got the physicality or experience to impact this team from the bench though, he needs a full season of games IMO. I'm sure he'll have a host of Championship clubs lining up for him. He's 18, mind.

Fuck off.

He's barely played 10 games for Aberdeen and only started about 3. No need to shit on his ability like that.

I don't think he's got the physicality or experience to impact this team from the bench though, he needs a full season of games IMO. I'm sure he'll have a host of Championship clubs lining up for him. He's 18, mind.

You fuck off.

How have I shit on his ability? I said in my opinion he's not going to be the next big thing but probably a bit part player of decent enough ability. A steady Eddie rather than a game changer. Probably needs to go out on loan as doesn't look ready for the first team at the minute, you would think that may be more likely when Bryson and Gleeson are fit.

Do you even know who Ian Angus is?

You fuck off.

How have I shit on his ability? I said in my opinion he's not going to be the next big thing but probably a bit part player of decent enough ability. A steady Eddie rather than a game changer. Probably needs to go out on loan as doesn't look ready for the first team at the minute, you would think that may be more likely when Bryson and Gleeson are fit.

Do you even know who Ian Angus is?

I've no idea who that is. Which says a lot.

Let the boy play consistently then make a decision on his ability. That's my opinion.

Some of the comments on here min, It sure was nice having a positive fanbase for a couple weeks! Back to the usual...

Aye we were negative tonight but every team are cautious away in europe in a 2 legged tie.

Had we lost 3 or 4 nil the bed wetters would be fully flowing and be slaughtering us.

Still in the tie and a packed pittodrie and us on top of them and an early goal, can see this lot crumble, Instead of negative tits calling out Mcinnes etc, how about get behind the team??

32 Games last night

7 home wins

The majority score draws or away wins

Cautious, lol.

• Upvote 1

I don't think there is a love in with Campbell on here. His dad posted here and is a good guy, think we were all chuffed that Dean made it to the first team as we felt part of the journey.

He's had good games and bad games and been assessed with AFC chat usual high scale positivity or negativity, depending on the result.

Feel gutted we lost that game 2-0 as they will get pumped out of Europe in Q4.

• Upvote 1

It says you know fuck all about AFC.

Let's be honest Dean will be pretty disappointed if he plays as little as Angus. It wasn't a compliment to Dean that's for sure.

I don't think there's much chance of him getting loaned out as it stands, I suppose if Bryson is ever fit the club might try and do something.

I don't think there is a love in with Campbell on here. His dad posted here and is a good guy, think we were all chuffed that Dean made it to the first team as we felt part of the journey.

He's had good games and bad games and been assessed with AFC chat usual high scale positivity or negativity, depending on the result.

I know. Hence the reason why I amended my original posting not to mention it but not quickly enough as someone quoted it so had to leave it as it was. Don's supporter from a dons supporting family. Fair play.

Like I said last night didn't get opportunity to see game so cannot be over critical.

However reckon the new side assembled is more effective further up pitch and on front foot.

Surely DMs tactics would have been better to link to the new team's strengths, which would have given us more chance of a vital away goal or two.

If we then lost 3-1 or 3-2 we would have given ourselves more of a chance in the home leg.

DM should really start reviewing his tactics in bigger games. Us fans would rather go down fighting than getting beat in a whimper with hardly any shots or corners.

Fuck off.

Not one person has ever said anything negative about his ability on this forum. No one has ever said that Campbell is shit. That would be ridiculous aimed at a young player who’s just recently turned 18.

The level of white knighting on this forum regarding Campbell, however is pathetic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Previous European campaigns have seen us go out to better sides with better resources and it could be argued there was a case to go in negative against them but on this occasion we had the most favourable draw to get to the group stages that hun DMC himself insists is an aim.

The cunt refuses to have a real go

We missed Stevie May last night. High work rate and bothers defenders. Didn’t have any of that last night.

No. We missed the player we all want May to be, the one you describe with an added goal threat. But I can’t get the 3-0 Tim game at Pittodrie out of my head where Tierney scores at the RDS where Brown was literally laughing at Mays attempts to Harry. Of course not solely down to May. Cosgrove isn’t a harrier period. And if everyone else is told to hang back (like that tim game I mentioned) they just triangle round May. Result - centre half’s all comfortable in possession striding unchallenged to 30 yards from our goal.

I had thought that’s what we bought Main to do. Remember what he did to Arnason FFS.

I think theres an element that we also run out of steam in this format.

Whether it's physical or mental fatigue we maybe need to rotate the squad more in these early matches. Obviously its a balancing act as you want to bring your main players up to speed but just seems to be a bit of running out of steam every year contributing in addition to tactics.

A lot of criticism about being very defensive but I actually thought it wasnt even as well thought out as that. The players seemed quite far apart (presumably a tactic to deal with heat or opponents style) at times rather than being hugely compact everyone back in the last 40 yards etc.

Frustrating night and we are probably out. However I still think we can give it a go at home - other than last night weve been creating chances and scoring so there is hope we can make a game of it

There is no way anyone can blame Campbell.  

The sole blame for the result last night has to be on McInnes for his negative tactics. We sat back and let them control the game from start to finish. The only time we started to push forward with any intent was when they had scored their second.

When we're playing a 2 leg tie where you are away from home, with the away goal rule, we should be pushing to get the away goal(s), not sit back and hope to kill the tie off at home. Away goals are what matters in these ties more often than not.

In the first half we must have lost 90% of every header outside of our own box.

Lewis - Made a decent save or two, but didn't have very much to do 

Logan - had a shocker.

Considine - Thought he was fairly solid. 

McKenna - as above but should have done better for their second. Either him or Considine should have closed down their boy better. McKenna turned his back on the shot, Taylor esc. 

Leigh - Didnt think he was as effective as previous games, and allowed their wingers to get crosses in too often.

Ferguson - Chasing shadows a lot of the time as they passed the ball around the park while we sat back.

Ojo - Thought he was ok. He should have made a earlier pass on one occasion that could have allowed us to break, but same as Ferguson really.

McGinn - Tried. We didn't get the balls down the byline very much.

Hedges - Never really happened for him tbh. He worked hard, but nothing really came off.

Cosgrove - When the game was like last night, we might be better with someone else up top with pace. Ambitious shot from 35 yards, that was about it tbh. Not his fault.

Gallagher - Too deep most of the game and they were fairly solid so there was little room for him to run into. Not sure he coped with their physicality either.

Main - I've not seen him do anything in a red top yet. 

Campbell - didn't get a huge amount of time to assert himself, and maybe not the type of game for someone like him as we were chasing the game rather than controlling it in the middle.Should have done better for their second.

Wright - Fairly anonymous as well. Too lightweight for the game.

Rijeka aren't great, but you can see why they don't lose many games. They dictated the game and gave us very little space to create chances.  It's going to take a monumentus effort to get through this tie now. A Copenhagen second half performance. 

The biggest problem I have with the second leg isn't that we won't score two or three, it's that we'll concede 1 or 2. 

Guest the shepherd

Like I said last night didn't get opportunity to see game so cannot be over critical.

However reckon the new side assembled is more effective further up pitch and on front foot.

Surely DMs tactics would have been better to link to the new team's strengths, which would have given us more chance of a vital away goal or two.

If we then lost 3-1 or 3-2 we would have given ourselves more of a chance in the home leg.

DM should really start reviewing his tactics in bigger games. Us fans would rather go down fighting than getting beat in a whimper with hardly any shots or corners.

The tactics deployed last night were very reminiscent of a Jimmy Calderwwod side, giving far far too much respect and credit (Calderwood's favourite word) to the opposition, whilst ignoring our own strengths. Far too edgy last night, especially after the first ten minutes or so. Fair enough we might have nicked a goal towards the end but too negative I'm afraid for my liking. One saving grace, however, is that we more than have the talent and ability to win by 3-0 at Pittodrie.

Feel gutted we lost that game 2-0 as they will get pumped out of Europe in Q4.

Correct!

He has taken this club as far as his limited ability can or will.

But he is right up milnes arse so we are going to have to go over this again and again until hopefully he finally sees himself its time to leave in 3 years.

I always know when the Dons have a bad result ... you are in your element and post loads about McInnes. It's only half time ... we still have a chance.

• Upvote 1

The criticism of Campbell for the result last night is a wee bit ott.

We were one nil down when he came on. Much of the damage was already done by the tactics and the subsequent performance. And the daft penalty conceded.

Yeah he made a mistake that led to the second goal and that's fair enough to criticise.

But there are others more responsible, not least the manager, who should have made completely different subs. Bringing on Campbell and Wright late in a game where the team have had to dig in wasn't his smartest move. Team was too deep and overly defensive too for most of the match. Whether that contributed to a few others having a poor night or whether they just didn't perform is open to question.

He's got to let the shackles off in th 2nd leg. No point being cautious and watching 90 minutes slip away hoping to nick a couple of goals. Got to be on the front foot from the off.

The tactics last night when out of possession were exactly the same as the previous round. We drop deeper, man mark their dangerous players and let certain players have the ball. We did this for spells against the Georgians at home in a game that we won 5-0. The difference being Rijeka were better in possession and we didn't have the ability or the mentality to keep the ball the times we did win it back.

That said we totally nullified them until Logan threw the game away. Logan is shite.

Campbell wasn't brought on to change the game or to shore up midfield, he was clearly brought on to allow Ferguson, usually one of our more influential players, to get forward into more advance areas and hopefully have an impact. 

What get beat off teams that are far more rated than us!,

Shocker!, you could argue that they are a better team,in a better league, with better players, with a bigger budget, in a bigger new stadium, with training facilities, with a bigger wage budget to get better players in!.

Bigger better stadium? Their stadium was shit and holds about 8k

I doubt they have a bigger wage budget either