End of the day Logan has cost us anything from the game yesterday. We contained them well and the crowd were getting frustrated along with the players. If we don't lose the penalty then maybe we can open up a bit more as the game goes on and have a go for the away goal as they back off and get more nervous of conceding one. 

However he pulls the boys shirt for absolutely no reason whatsoever and the whole game changes. The fans are back on side and they start playing with confidence again whereas we look scared to lose a second goal as it ultimately kills the tie. Unfortunately we then go on and lose that second goal without really laying a glove going forward and the manager takes a lot flack for his tactics. 

Cosgrove for me done well at holding the ball up but had absolutely no runners beyond him for third away match in a row. McGinn can't run past anyone and Hedges fell out the game after his knock to the face. Gallagher is not good enough on the ball in a match where we need players to be confident and take the ball in tight spaces. He done better when put out wide but again got very little service. 

I don't think folk are appreciating how decent a side Rijeka are tbh. However, I do feel we can score 2 against them at pittodrie but its more not conceding an away goal that for me will be the problem. Logan should be dropped for Vyner on sunday IMO on the back of what he done last night. 

The criticism of Campbell for the result last night is a wee bit ott.

We were one nil down when he came on. Much of the damage was already done by the tactics and the subsequent performance. And the daft penalty conceded.

Yeah he made a mistake that led to the second goal and that's fair enough to criticise.

But there are others more responsible, not least the manager, who should have made completely different subs. Bringing on Campbell and Wright late in a game where the team have had to dig in wasn't his smartest move. Team was too deep and overly defensive too for most of the match. Whether that contributed to a few others having a poor night or whether they just didn't perform is open to question.

He's got to let the shackles off in th 2nd leg. No point being cautious and watching 90 minutes slip away hoping to nick a couple of goals. Got to be on the front foot from the off.

Wasn't even a mistake. The Rijeka boy managed to put a few yards on him and went past him, it happens. The CB's should have handled it from there though, and they didn't. 

This is his 5th season in Europe and there has been no progress been made.  A rookie manager like Gerrard has done more in Europe than he has.  It should be readily apparent to our board that McInnes is not the man to take this club forward.

A rookie manager with a budget much much higher than our own.  We are closer to Kilmarnock than Rangers budget wise. 

Some of the comments on here min, It sure was nice having a positive fanbase for a couple weeks! Back to the usual...

Aye we were negative tonight but every team are cautious away in europe in a 2 legged tie.

??

Are they? The Huns just blitzed that Danish team, away from home

Rangers go into games EXPECTING to win. They go in thinking they are still a big team.  That attitude, more often than not, gives them the confidence to overrun teams.

Aberdeen go into games worrying about how the opposition will play / who the opposition have on the park and more often than not, we struggle to compete against better sides.

We don't have that winning mentality. 

• Upvote 1

The result last night also puts a lot of pressure on us for next Thursday obviously, we absolutely need a good performance and good result. My concern is our game on Sunday against a 'lesser' side may not get a full concentration. Rotation is inevitable but I suspect we may put out an even weaker team on Sunday than if we had had a decent result last night. I know it's early in the season but Sunday's thee points are just as important as 3 points next April. We saw on the last day of last season, we can easily be dealing with fine margins.

Find it hard to believe folk think a young player being given an opportunity in a European game is being sold short by the manager.

It wasn't the right time for him to come on and it was the wrong sub to make not just because he made an error but because it was negative as fuck and allowed them to still come at us with nothing going back at them.

Some of the comments on here min, It sure was nice having a positive fanbase for a couple weeks! Back to the usual...

Aye we were negative tonight but every team are cautious away in europe in a 2 legged tie.

Had we lost 3 or 4 nil the bed wetters would be fully flowing and be slaughtering us.

Still in the tie and a packed pittodrie and us on top of them and an early goal, can see this lot crumble, Instead of negative tits calling out Mcinnes etc, how about get behind the team??

Absolute rubbish, plenty of teams go away from home and play to get the goal or win that they need, I watched the Larnaca v Gent match and Larnaca played like your typical away side despite the fact they were at home, deep and tried to counter attack which made it very easy for Gent to control the match 1-1 for Larnaca is a great result based on what I watched and how they set up.

We haven't missed it yet min.

Can you seriously see us scoring enough to get through without them getting a goal?  They will be too smart for us, they dictated the pace of the game last night and controlled the ball with ease there's absolutely no pressure on them next week and they'll take the sting right out of the match as early as possible.

I don't think there is a love in with Campbell on here. His dad posted here and is a good guy, think we were all chuffed that Dean made it to the first team as we felt part of the journey.

He's had good games and bad games and been assessed with AFC chat usual high scale positivity or negativity, depending on the result.

Feel gutted we lost that game 2-0 as they will get pumped out of Europe in Q4.

There isn't there's just plenty of people who see it for what it is, he's 18 and played less than 600 minutes for the first team so at times he will make mistakes because he's an inexperienced kid at the end of the day, for me all he was guilty of last night was not making a foul however McKenna and Considine were slow to close down as well but this all stems from the managers poor decision making.

Rangers go into games EXPECTING to win. They go in thinking they are still a big team.  That attitude, more often than not, gives them the confidence to overrun teams.

Aberdeen go into games worrying about how the opposition will play / who the opposition have on the park and more often than not, we struggle to compete against better sides.

This, 100% this our manager is weak, a flat track bully that continually gets it wrong in the big games that actually matter.

It's all about mentality for t me. I don't think at their best and our best there's really anything in it between the two sides. But we went there for a draw. Ferguson even said in the press a draw would be a good result. Teams don't improve and progress to win things with that mentality.

Contrast that to the huns. Go to Denmark and pump them 4-2. As much as we hate them, even when they are/were shit, they'd go places and play their game. Every game at Pittodrie they have dominated. They don't necessarily win because as I said they were shit but they believed they were good enough to play their game.

You go in having bigged up the other team you get timid performances like we put in. No belief that we can get a result (ok the caveat is Rijeka away few years ago but that's an exception). We have continuously seen performances like this and it's down to belief and mentality and the team not playing our game or to Our own strengths. It's gone unnoticed but we cannot defend for 90 mins against even half decent sides when You have clowns like Logan in there.

McInnes mindset hampering the team in big games.

Nail on the fucking head.

It's all about mentality for t me. I don't think at their best and our best there's really anything in it between the two sides. But we went there for a draw. Ferguson even said in the press a draw would be a good result. Teams don't improve and progress to win things with that mentality.

Contrast that to the huns. Go to Denmark and pump them 4-2. As much as we hate them, even when they are/were shit, they'd go places and play their game. Every game at Pittodrie they have dominated. They don't necessarily win because as I said they were shit but they believed they were good enough to play their game.

You go in having bigged up the other team you get timid performances like we put in. No belief that we can get a result (ok the caveat is Rijeka away few years ago but that's an exception). We have continuously seen performances like this and it's down to belief and mentality and the team not playing our game or to Our own strengths. It's gone unnoticed but we cannot defend for 90 mins against even half decent sides when You have clowns like Logan in there.

McInnes mindset hampering the team in big games.

Bang on, far too often we go in to games worrying about what the other lot are doing and in turn we adapt our game when we should go in to game and let them worry about us.

Who cares about them? They have a budget that is well beyond the majority of these teams at this stage of the competition. They are far more equipped to deal with a European campaign than us due to the money they can spend. However, they have a lot of failings and will drop plenty points this season again when they fail to break down teams that sit in. 

Last night was disappointing but as usual too many on here are so negative and acting as if the season is over. Our squad is shaping up nicely and hopefully they will learn a lot from that last night. 

Who cares about them? They have a budget that is well beyond the majority of these teams at this stage of the competition. They are far more equipped to deal with a European campaign than us due to the money they can spend. However, they have a lot of failings and will drop plenty points this season again when they fail to break down teams that sit in. 

Last night was disappointing but as usual too many on here are so negative and acting as if the season is over. Our squad is shaping up nicely and hopefully they will learn a lot from that last night. 

Reason is, it's the same fucking story every year and it transfers in to domestic cups too, we've had some plum draws in the Europa qualifiers and in the cups yet failed, the manager is a negative prick.

• Upvote 1

This is his 5th season in Europe and there has been no progress been made.  A rookie manager like Gerrard has done more in Europe than he has.  It should be readily apparent to our board that McInnes is not the man to take this club forward.

Absolutely embarrassing as usual from you. 

• Downvote 1

It wasn't the right time for him to come on and it was the wrong sub to make not just because he made an error but because it was negative as fuck and allowed them to still come at us with nothing going back at them.

Absolute rubbish, plenty of teams go away from home and play to get the goal or win that they need, I watched the Larnaca v Gent match and Larnaca played like your typical away side despite the fact they were at home, deep and tried to counter attack which made it very easy for Gent to control the match 1-1 for Larnaca is a great result based on what I watched and how they set up.

Can you seriously see us scoring enough to get through without them getting a goal?  They will be too smart for us, they dictated the pace of the game last night and controlled the ball with ease there's absolutely no pressure on them next week and they'll take the sting right out of the match as early as possible.

There isn't there's just plenty of people who see it for what it is, he's 18 and played less than 600 minutes for the first team so at times he will make mistakes because he's an inexperienced kid at the end of the day, for me all he was guilty of last night was not making a foul however McKenna and Considine were slow to close down as well but this all stems from the managers poor decision making.

This, 100% this our manager is weak, a flat track bully that continually gets it wrong in the big games that actually matter.

Yes

This is his 5th season in Europe and there has been no progress been made. A rookie manager like Gerrard has done more in Europe than he has. It should be readily apparent to our board that McInnes is not the man to take this club forward.

You’re making the error though, a bit like a McInnes formation in fact, that the board are only hoping to go forward but are quite happy to stick with they’ve got progression wise. That works as long as nobody else dares to progress.

The Gerrard point is a load of bollocks.

He has spent about 20 million quid to get through in Europe! That makes a massive difference.

He also won the same amount as Mcinnes last season (fuck all) plus being put out the cup twice by him) despite the massive spend, so your comparison is stupid.

Confident we can do it, Liverpool style performance and atmosphere like they had against Barcelona, early goal get the crowd like it was against hearts, wouldn’t necessarily say an early goal is a must but it’s a must we have the lead at ht and haven’t conceded

With an average attendance of about 5k, I wonder what Rijeka’s budget is.

I have been wondering this to. How do clubs like that get such good players technically?

Have tried to have a look online and can only see they paid £765,000 for that striker Colak who came from Bundesliga and £315,000 for Iglesias from Spanish second division.

I think our wage budget must be higher but can only assume living costs are less.

The vast majority of their squad appears to be loans.