Coronavirus

Henry

Guest milne_afc

Thatcher smashed the class system, didn’t she?

Broke the Working Class into loads of sub categories from underclass to aspirationals/yuppies - separated the wheat from the chaff.
Dated construct anyway, I can talk to anyone on their level cos I can communicate with people from all walks of life.

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Easy to say if you're upper class. 

I find it's always people of the higher classes who downplay the impact of class. 

I'm living in a big rented house that I can't afford, leaking money at an alarming rate. Spent 3 of the last 5 years scraping ad hoc jobs or unemployed, sole parent financially to my daughter.

Upper class!! LOL

35 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Incorrect again. 

Can’t be fucked with you anymore. A complete moron.

You've not explained yourself very well. You're replying in short sentences, I'm open to hear what you have to say. 

If you can articulate what you mean better then maybe I'll get what you're saying? 

6 minutes ago, daytripping said:

I'm living in a big rented house that I can't afford, leaking money at an alarming rate. Spent 3 of the last 5 years scraping ad hoc jobs or unemployed, sole parent financially to my daughter.

Upper class!! LOL

Was based on what you said earlier. 

Naturally, as I don't know you from Adam, I was inclined to believe it. 

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Again we are talking about the "rulers" and the electorate, as we were earlier. I blamed the people for voting them in. You blamed the corrupt leaders. Without going into the rights and wrongs of both arguments, I still blame the people for Labour being fucked and for them now voting Tory. The mainstream media are undoubtedly manipulating them but they didn't have to b so stupid to believe it.

The problem we have is people have long memories, Labour get in and make a proper mess of it, needs the Conservatives to come in and try to clear the mess. Leaving messages like there's no money left didn't help.

We have really poor politicians in this Country, I'm actually of the thinking the political system is broke. Government should be the best brains and economists we have to offer, in the real World would Boris or Nicola excel in business? The system is broke. It should be trialled at local level, why are councils driven be political parties, it's bizarre, should be the best people not the colour of rosette.

10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You've not explained yourself very well. You're replying in short sentences, I'm open to hear what you have to say. 

If you can articulate what you mean better then maybe I'll get what you're saying? 

You think you’re middle class because you went abroad once a year and had an operation on your foot through private health care. 

You also think that if you’re an accountant you are not on the same level as a worker in Primark. 

You’re a fucking idiot is what I’m articulating. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

You think you’re middle class because you went abroad once a year and had an operation on your foot through private health care. 

You also think that if you’re an accountant you are not on the same level as a worker in Primark. 

You’re a fucking idiot is what I’m articulating. 

I mean, the foot operation could've been a perks of the job type deal. Also worth noting we lived in my grandparents house until we were like 3/4. 

I think if you're discussing class, a minimum wage worker in Primark would be at a lower economic level than an accountant, generally. There may well be a few anomalies in that regard but generally speaking, those two individuals would find themselves grouped in different classes. 

If you're talking about the ruling class, that Kelt alluded to earlier, then I suppose they are on the same level, as they both have to work. 

Or, are you suggesting there is no longer such a thing as class? Again, what you're saying (besides calling me an idiot) isn't very clear.

Just now, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Today a nice poor man wearing only shorts, who had bandages on both of his feet and was walking on crutches kindly moved out of the way on the path to the river, that I may pass him, AND he had the decency to smile and make some small talk.

I've sat at a dinner table next to John Leslie and the cunt barely acknowledged me.

I don't know exactly what I wanna say here but I think there's been a rape up there. ^

Probably got a million dollars in the bank too. 

Blessed are the cheese makers. 

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, daytripping said:

Seriously my mum would staple newspaper pages to the walls to try and insulate it, was an old farm workers cottage. 6 of us, 2 rooms. 

Best days of my life.

When we got a council house in Bucksburn we were like the Beverly hillbillies, fucking luxury.

Aye, you try telling that to the young people of today. They’ll never believe you.

I mean, the foot operation could've been a perks of the job type deal. Also worth noting we lived in my grandparents house until we were like 3/4. 

I think if you're discussing class, a minimum wage worker in Primark would be at a lower economic level than an accountant, generally. There may well be a few anomalies in that regard but generally speaking, those two individuals would find themselves grouped in different classes. 

If you're talking about the ruling class, that Kelt alluded to earlier, then I suppose they are on the same level, as they both have to work. 

Or, are you suggesting there is no longer such a thing as class? Again, what you're saying (besides calling me an idiot) isn't very clear.

An accountant and a retail worker are both working class. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You think a holiday abroad and a foot operation makes you middle class. 

I’m calling you an idiot. 

Seems perfectly fucking clear. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Seriously my mum would staple newspaper pages to the walls to try and insulate it, was an old farm workers cottage. 6 of us, 2 rooms. 

Best days of my life.

When we got a council house in Bucksburn we were like the Beverly hillbillies, fucking luxury.

It was after that I went about cleaning up the manor and ruling it with a fist of iron.

The rest is history.

2 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Aye, you try telling that to the young people of today. They’ll never believe you.

I still go back out to visit the old place now and then, been well done up since then but the concrete road which was a dirt track when I was a nipper still has the footprint of a 5 year old Dayts, a proud moment ruining the then flat newly poured concrete.

1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

An accountant and a retail worker are both working class. 

You think a holiday abroad and a foot operation makes you middle class. 

I’m calling you an idiot. 

Seems perfectly fucking clear. 

For such an issue of contention, and  it being a grey area, you certainly have a definitive answer on what is/isn't working/middle/upper class. 

To me; rightly or wrongly, middle class is a level of comfort, but you still have to work. Upper class, to me, would be the people who don't have to work, go to private school, have cars bought for them etc etc. 

I guess there isn't a definition, and you just disagree with me. Which is ok. I'm alright with that.

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

For such an issue of contention, and  it being a grey area, you certainly have a definitive answer on what is/isn't working/middle/upper class. 

To me; rightly or wrongly, middle class is a level of comfort, but you still have to work. Upper class, to me, would be the people who don't have to work, go to private school, have cars bought for them etc etc. 

I guess there isn't a definition, and you just disagree with me. Which is ok. I'm alright with that.

You’re incredibly wrong. 

To be fair to Consi he has dropped the insults in his postings tonight after my friendly warning, has tried putting his point across, fair play.

I've never been a fan of insults, really no need. You never know who you're speaking to, that person might be sad, no need to compound it. If they were living life to the max they wouldn't be here. You'll never see the likes of Milne or Mobby insulting people, many others also.

You’re incredibly wrong. 

I don't get your issue. You asked me to explain my upbringing. I did so, providing full transparency. My dad was an accountant, which is apparently working class, by your own admission. I then described all the things I was afforded due to my supposed class status, and you seemed to take offence at me suggesting I was brought up somewhere in the middle of the socioeconomic ladder. I still can't tell if you think I've understated, or overstated what class I think I would belong to? 

From what I can tell, nobody here, can give a pure definition of what defines someones class. What you go off of, is their job, income, whether they own property, their background etc etc. These are factors sociologists have focused on for decades, but if you think there are better ways to gage someones perceived class then I'm all ears? 

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

To be fair to Consi he has dropped the insults in his postings tonight after my friendly warning, has tried putting his point across, fair play.

I've never been a fan of insults, really no need. You never know who you're speaking to, that person might be sad, no need to compound it. If they were living life to the max they wouldn't be here. You'll never see the likes of Milne or Mobby insulting people, many others also.

Yeah that’s true. He’s coming across very ignorant though. I’m being incredibly fair restricting it to idiot. 

I don't get your issue. You asked me to explain my upbringing. I did so, providing full transparency. My dad was an accountant, which is apparently working class, by your own admission. I then described all the things I was afforded due to my supposed class status, and you seemed to take offence at me suggesting I was brought up somewhere in the middle of the socioeconomic ladder. I still can't tell if you think I've understated, or overstated what class I think I would belong to? 

From what I can tell, nobody here, can give a pure definition of what defines someones class. What you go off of, is their job, income, whether they own property, their background etc etc. These are factors sociologists have focused on for decades, but if you think there are better ways to gage someones perceived class then I'm all ears? 

You’re not middle class. Delusions of grandeur perhaps. Typical Aberdonian fuckwit that’s been blinded by cash. 

Awa to your bed. 

Stop reading the Morning Star.

Just now, The Boofon said:

You’re not middle class. Delusions of grandeur perhaps. Typical Aberdonian fuckwit that’s been blinded by cash. 

Awa to your bed. 

Ah, so you're saying I'm not middle class. That wasn't very clear. I reckon many people would disagree with that. Some might not.

Describe someone who's middle class to me then? You're making statements with no justification. I'm ready to learn, Boofon.

Teach me.

Awa to your bed. 

I think you've maybe read my tone as boastful? Which wasn't my intention. I'm not sure whats annoying you so much, I don't view it as a good or bad thing to be middle class, you just asked me to describe my upbringing and how I thought it was middle class, and I did. 

You've not elaborated on how it isn't. You've just called me an idiot, which is fine, but I'm curious to know what it is thats irking you.

3 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You'd be wrong. I'm saving money to hopefully do a bit of globetrotting. 

My folks have just turned 50 this year, a bloody long road ahead if I'm waiting for that paycheck! 

Dipshit. 

I'm not piling on here Consi. I'm genuinely just a wee bit confused by your statement of saving money to go globetrotting and how that sits with you being a nihilist. 

I obviously don't know you and I'm reading your statements as black and white. The hopelessness and destructive feelings of a nihilist against the forward planning of wanting to go travelling and broaden the mind seem jarring as I read it.