Coronavirus

Henry

Just now, The Boofon said:

You’re not middle class mate. Not by a long fucking shot. 

I should add, that I have no idea the financial situation or incomes of my parents as I grew up. I just know, upon reflection, we weren't worried about money as kids. And some of the things I mentioned might have been perks of my old mans job, 

I think I read somewhere that earning £70,000 and above in Britain, puts you in the top 5% of earners, and £100,000% in the top 1%. 

Without knowing what my household income was growing up, I would imagine there are heaps of folk who think they are middle class, but aren't. 

That's Britain for you. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I should add, that I have no idea the financial situation or incomes of my parents as I grew up. I just know, upon reflection, we weren't worried about money as kids. And some of the things I mentioned might have been perks of my old mans job, 

I think I read somewhere that earning £70,000 and above in Britain, puts you in the top 5% of earners, and £100,000% in the top 1%. 

Without knowing what my household income was growing up, I would imagine there are heaps of folk who think they are middle class, but aren't. 

That's Britain for you. 

Correct. You’re not middle class. 

• Upvote 1

There are only two classes at this point, us and the cunts who control us. 

In our group the main difference is how many Golden Retrievers we can afford. 

Maybe I can afford to keep 3, maybe Boof can afford 250, and maybe some of us can't afford a dog at all and are more likely to have to eat one... 

In the other group it's how many private jets/islands/handservants they have. 

We're all minks compared to them, so there's no point any of us feeling chuffed because we're off to buy a dog. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Its not a sport, you moron. It's a process, that never ends. 

Whats more democratic, getting to ask a question once every so often, or getting to ask questions as often as you like, in accordance with what the people want?

I won't debate with someone who uses insults, it means the debate is already won.

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

Went abroad. Got an operation on private health. Got nice things. 

Jesus Christ. 

private reg for the full house. 

Classless. Far from middle. 

Haha to be fair my ma does have a private reg ?.

My dad got a job opportunity in California, I have no idea if it was a better paying one, I've never asked. I think he wanted to take us out there for the experience. 

Class is a strange subject to be fair, when I lived in Dundee I was still middle class, as if I was ever really up shit creek, I could ask my parents for money. Not that it happened very often. 

As an individual, I was working shitty retail/hospitality jobs, sometimes earning as little as £700 pounds a month, or less, dependant on the hours they gave. Once I paid rent/council tax etc I might have to make £200 stretch 4 weeks. But I suppose I was still middle class as I always had a safety net, even if I was reluctant to use it. 

As for my parents, they grew up working class, with their parents working multiple jobs etc. 

It's a complex issue, class. As long as you're aware of your privilege I suppose it's all you can be. You can't change it either way. 

I've got mates with similar upbringings to me who don't understand the concept of class at all. 

11 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

There are only two classes at this point, us and the cunts who control us. 

In our group the main difference is how many Golden Retrievers we can afford. 

Maybe I can afford to keep 3, maybe Boof can afford 250, and maybe some of us can't afford a dog at all and are more likely to have to eat one... 

In the other group it's how many private jets/islands/handservants they have. 

We're all minks compared to them, so there's no point any of us feeling chuffed because we're off to buy a dog. 

I agree with this. 

But between what you've just described and the working poor in Britain, there's a million miles of difference. 

16 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

So you keep on saying, the delusion and arrogance of which is sickening. It's not that you think you know everything, it's the lack of humility to entertain the possibility that you might not that is highly offensive. One of the top mutants has this fatal flaw. You are young enough to change.

With all these "middle class" advantages and public schooling that you acknowledge, why did it go so wrong?

All I'm saying is, someone can think two things at once, even conflicting things, it's a huge part of being human. 

I reckon it went wrong when realised how futile most things are, and I became a bit of a nihilist.  

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Haha to be fair my ma does have a private reg ?.

My dad got a job opportunity in California, I have no idea if it was a better paying one, I've never asked. I think he wanted to take us out there for the experience. 

Class is a strange subject to be fair, when I lived in Dundee I was still middle class, as if I was ever really up shit creek, I could ask my parents for money. Not that it happened very often. 

As an individual, I was working shitty retail/hospitality jobs, sometimes earning as little as £700 pounds a month, or less, dependant on the hours they gave. Once I paid rent/council tax etc I might have to make £200 stretch 4 weeks. But I suppose I was still middle class as I always had a safety net, even if I was reluctant to use it. 

As for my parents, they grew up working class, with their parents working multiple jobs etc. 

It's a complex issue, class. As long as you're aware of your privilege I suppose it's all you can be. You can't change it either way. 

I've got mates with similar upbringings to me who don't understand the concept of class at all. 

Same as yourself then. 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

So, you DONT agree then?

No, I agree on some level that there is a ruling class (politicians, CEOs etc) and a class of people who serve their needs, which is basically everyone else. 

All I'm saying is in that other class of people, who aren't the ruling class, there are still huge disparities that shouldn't be forgotten. 

2 thoughts. Same. Time. 

Like magic. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I agree with this. 

But between what you've just described and the working poor in Britain, there's a million miles of difference. 

I understand what you're saying, and you are correct to a degree, but here's the issue. 

Let's say I'm homeless, living under a bridge, and eating out of trash cans.  Another lad who went to school with me is a boss at a company and owns 20 Golden Retrievers. 

It's possible that I might get a job if I'm motivated, regardless of my situation. And once I have a job, if I'm not a lazy cunt, I can move up the corporate ladder and end up with 20 Golden Retrievers inna. 

There's a million miles, as you say, between him and me at the beginning of the story, but there's a very good chance that I can work my way out of my situation.

So here I am, chuffed will all my dugs, top of the heap.

But then there's Guys like Bezos, Gates, and the artificial intelligence robot that owns Facebook... the difference between that step up and the one I took previously isn't a million miles, it's fve hundred quadrillion miles. These are people who own governments and the very information that's getting placed in our heads every second of every day. Our only choice is do we listen to the one or the other. This 'class' of people are so far removed from us that that million miles between living under a bridge and owning 20 dogs is relatively insignificant, to the point it's barely discernable to the objective observer. 

This is why I say there's two classes... the whole 'working class/middle class/upper class (to an extent) are slight variations only of note to the proletariat themselves. 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I think you became a bit of a loser. Unless you get some humility, you're fucked. 

I think I am humble. If you met me in real life, I'd imagine you'd say the same. There's a certain amount of bullshit and bravado on the Internet, especially on a largely male user football forum. 
I'm trying to make my points, you're trying to make yours, what fun is it without a bit of needle? A bit of arrogance? I don't think I'm smarter than anyone, or that I know much about anything. Like everyone else, I'm bullshitting half the time. 

Me constantly arguing with folk on this forum who pick like one word out of 3 paragraphs and try use it to show you up, because they are convinced if you say two things that don't perfectly align it makes you a hypocrite, is very frustrating. 

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Its 2 completely conflicting thoughts 

I still believe you are well intentioned, its just that your intentions are fucked

You strike me as someone who heard someone say some stuff a while back and thought it was "edgy" to have those views too

Problem is, you don't know shit about what you are bleating about 

The biggest sign that you have so much to learn , is that you are continuing to dig yourself deeper and deeper 

Those thoughts aren't contradictory at all. I've explained them perfectly well. 

Its actually a well rounded train of thought, but I don't want to insult you, so I'll let you read it again, and maybe you'll come to a different conclusion. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Like telling folk they shouldnt complain about financial hardships whilst pondering which day your mum pays the rent money into your account. 

2 thoughts. Same time. 

Who have I told not to complain about financial hardships? That's quite the opposite of something I'd say. 

My parents paid my rent whilst I studied, the minute I stopped, that stopped as well. 

Dinna get your point here? 

Just now, Millertime said:

I'll just leave it now, quoting yourself above ", I'm bullshitting half the time. "

Finally - an admittance 

You've had a lot of air time this last few days and was a real opportunity to shine

You didnt

I'm bullshitting in terms of my bravado and confidence, which isn't how I act in real life. 

What I'm saying I do believe to be true, and I'll say it with conviction because I believe that. 

Just now, Millertime said:

You're not fortunate

I mean this sincerely, your mum and dad have done a genuinely terrible job of bringing you up

Unless you are 17/18, they haven't equipped you with what you need to make a right go of life. You've got too much still to learn for your age,  just as well you're not having kids

Bye and seriously, good luck 

Deary me. 

6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I understand what you're saying, and you are correct to a degree, but here's the issue. 

Let's say I'm homeless, living under a bridge, and eating out of trash cans.  Another lad who went to school with me is a boss at a company and owns 20 Golden Retrievers. 

It's possible that I might get a job if I'm motivated, regardless of my situation. And once I have a job, if I'm not a lazy cunt, I can move up the corporate ladder and end up with 20 Golden Retrievers inna. 

There's a million miles, as you say, between him and me at the beginning of the story, but there's a very good chance that I can work my way out of my situation.

So here I am, chuffed will all my dugs, top of the heap.

But then there's Guys like Bezos, Gates, and the artificial intelligence robot that owns Facebook... the difference between that step up and the one I took previously isn't a million miles, it's fve hundred quadrillion miles. These are people who own governments and the very information that's getting placed in our heads every second of every day. Our only choice is do we listen to the one or the other. This 'class' of people are so far removed from us that that million miles between living under a bridge and owning 20 dogs is relatively insignificant, to the point it's barely discernable to the objective observer. 

This is why I say there's two classes... the whole 'working class/middle class/upper class (to an extent) are slight variations only of note to the proletariat themselves. 

I agree with that entirely, genuinely, in its entirety that is a great post. 

What I was more meaning was whilst what you're saying is true, the difference in class between the proletariat can't be forgotten, and should be acknowledged where and when possible. 

For example it would be distasteful for an accountant to say to a Primark employee, "hey, we're in the same class don't you know?"

If you get my drift. 

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I'll just leave it now, quoting yourself above ", I'm bullshitting half the time. "

Finally - an admittance 

You've had a lot of air time this last few days and was a real opportunity to shine

You didnt

Good post and in full agreement, consi should have just stayed in his lane, the pub clearly isn't for him. I'd suggest he pops back to the football forum and puts the last few days down as experience, would be broken in here come time.

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I agree with that entirely, genuinely, in its entirety that is a great post. 

What I was more meaning was whilst what you're saying is true, the difference in class between the proletariat can't be forgotten, and should be acknowledged where and when possible. 

For example it would be distasteful for an accountant to say to a Primark employee, "hey, we're in the same class don't you know?"

If you get my drift. 

No I don’t get your drift. 

Why’s that distasteful?

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

Read Huxley's Brave New World, if you haven't already. 

Decent book. Slow burner, I thought. 

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Thats genuinely sad

Why would being on a forum make you act any differently to real life

My convictions and opinions are no different to real life, my way of portraying them however, is. 

This place is a madhouse, it's sad if you think anyone here would be anything like the persona they have online. It's human nature, we all act a bit different dependant on the circumstance. I'm not saying I'm drastically different, but in real life i'd easy sit and have a pint with you and have a calm and measured chat. 

The vitriol and insults is what makes this place worthwhile, it's great entertainment to be involved in or to watch others. I'm glad real life isn't like here, the world would be horrible.