Coronavirus

Henry

18 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Agreed it is a load of pish, but suppose the theory is there is more chance of folk being smashed out if their nut and not abiding by the rules.

But surely more chance of catching it in a busy supermarket than a bar on a Tuesday night when there is you and the barmaid there.

Agree re. Supermarkets. You can spend a couple of hours in there touching everything on the shelves, not even having to wear a face covering.

I'm pretty convinced shops are where the majority of transmission is taking place. Pretty darn hard to prove when track and trace doesn't apply for shops.

Daily increases are slowing but not dropping, well done Nicky. Says the measures in place now won't change a lot when tiers come in. Should be left to the professionals only to put out the figures required to move between tiers, shouldn't be in the hands of politicians. If people know how many cases per 100,000 they need to get to then at least it gives them something to look at and see if they're close, good for business as well. I have a feeling it won't be like that, will all be done on the daily nic show.

Looks to a layman like me that closing hospitality hasn't helped at all, cases are still rising. Schools and universities will be the main spread areas, also supermarkets ,manky fuckers touching stuff. Hand sanitising should be enforced at the door, lot of shops don't even have the stuff at the door like they used to.

9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Looks to a layman like me that closing hospitality hasn't helped at all, cases are still rising. Schools and universities will be the main spread areas, also supermarkets ,manky fuckers touching stuff. Hand sanitising should be enforced at the door, lot of shops don't even have the stuff at the door like they used to.

This. The lack of enforcement in shops compared to hospitality is criminal.

Sturgeon is a devious witch.She is currently devising these new tiers to give Glasgow a lower tier than they desErve and also Aberdeen will be in a higher tier.

Scotland has one of the worst death tolls of any country with a similar population of 5 million.

What exactly did her severe restrictions earlier gain us?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
13 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Tier 2 next week apparently 

Whatever happens Nicola will do the right thing as usual.

The Pandemic is back again with a vengeance across Europe.

Glad we have her and the SNP to keep Scotland safe.

PS:

Nicola Sturgeons government doesn’t shrink FM handing out tough Covid-19 messages while Boris’ team tries to be all things to all people. Strange then that our straight-talking FM is more popular, even in England.

• Downvote 3
1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Debate on tiers tomorrow. I wonder if any MSP will ask for it to be time limited? She's taking the piss so far. 16 day coronavirus reset that lasts 23 days and she's just said today it'll stay broadly the same if not stricter. 

I see Dundee is 'edging closer to tighter restrictions'.

19 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Our death rate's not any better than anywhere else though?  Including England.  Sounds like blind praise. 

It is better. Going by the daily reported numbers, which I think are recorded/reported in the same way (?), England has circa 700 deaths per million, while we have around 500 deaths per million. 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It is better. Going by the daily reported numbers, which I think are recorded/reported in the same way (?), England has circa 700 deaths per million, while we have around 500 deaths per million. 

Although England is much more densely populated and has a far higher BAME population.

8 minutes ago, Zeus said:

What's the tier 2 rules again. Allowed a pint with food iirc. 

Aberdeen really has had a raw deal in all of this. Imo obviously 

"Permitted with main meal – time restrictions may apply"

https://www.gov.scot/binaries/content/documents/govscot/publications/strategy-plan/2020/10/covid-19-scotlands-strategic-framework/documents/covid-19-scotlands-strategic-framework/covid-19-scotlands-strategic-framework/govscot%3Adocument/covid-19-scotlands-strategic-framework.pdf

Page 68

1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

Alcohol seems to be the whipping boy in a lot of the measures,  seems disproportionate to me. 

They've still to back up with data why that is. The local pub I go to on occasion is very strict with the rules, I feel I have more chance catching it in a supermarket than anywhere else.

45 minutes ago, daytripping said:

He's fishing, everyone can see the mess she's making of it.

You have to ask yourself what Nicola is doing that other leaders are not.

She has to make tough decisions daily to curb Covid-19.

If she listened to some people who want Scotland to carry on as if nothing is wrong our ECU's would be full.

Other countries have tougher restrictions than Scotland.

Be grateful you have a leader who cares, unlike England.

• Downvote 1