Coronavirus

Henry

12 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

To offer a counter point - would you forego treatment for yourself or those around you if someone caught covid 19, whilst 'cracking on'.

Do you feel that your decisions mean you should be able to access the same medical care, as you have prioritised turkey and sprouts?

Well, they don't turn away a druggie that overdoses on class A drugs or drivers of speeding cars that smash into others in the motorway, both of which break actual laws, so would find it odd to be turned away at the hospital door for meeting relatives during a window the government have set themselves to allow you to do so? I'd expect the same medical care as anyone else.

You might want to claim the moral high ground by staying in a self imposed lockdown and denouncing others who don't but id rather take my chances with the 99% probability that we'll all emerge from a few hours in close proximity unscathed and brought a little joy to an otherwise shitty year.

12 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

Fairly startling stuff this, especially if you subscribe to the its only old folk and well its their time point of view.

Opinion | People Thought Covid-19 Was Relatively Harmless for Younger Adults. They Were Wrong. - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Was 11000 young people a year, now 16000, hardly earth shattering in a place that size.

On 15 December 2020 at 8:41 PM, muttonhumper said:

You didn't read that link did you?

If you did, then produced the above opinion, you must rank among the thickest cunts ever to post on the Hat.

Ms Sturgeon surely never read that link as she has just stood up and accepted all responsibility for the deaths..(give her fair doos for that)Even admitted that they had cut the drugs budget themselves.

Hammered by every party leader who all made the same point as me that with the same resources and laws the death rate in Scotland should not be 3 times as bad as the rest of the U.K.This was even accepted by Ms Sturgeon who now says she is taking charge.

2 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Ms Sturgeon surely never read that link as she has just stood up and accepted all responsibility for the deaths..(give her fair doos for that)Even admitted that they had cut the drugs budget themselves.

Hammered by every party leader who all made the same point as me that with the same resources and laws the death rate in Scotland should not be 3 times as bad as the rest of the U.K.This was even accepted by Ms Sturgeon who now says she is taking charge.

....when?

29 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

About time the Africans released a charity song for us . 

Damn right.

Unicef has launched a domestic emergency response in the UK for the first time in its more than 70-year history to help feed children hit by the Covid-19 crisis.

The UN agency, which is responsible for providing humanitarian aid to children worldwide, said the coronavirus pandemic was the most urgent crisis affecting children since the second world war.

17 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

She never 

Maybe the junkie fucks who inject themselves with that shite should take some responsibility. 

I used to think that Soops. It's far more complicated than that though. Imo the government(Scottish) can do very little except give the impression they are trying though. 

It's 99% to do with parents and poverty not the 'lack of services' or treatment rooms etc. 

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

I used to think that Soops. It's far more complicated than that though. Imo the government(Scottish) can do very little except give the impression they are trying though. 

It's 99% to do with parents and poverty not the 'lack of services' or treatment rooms etc. 

Dundee was quoted as the drugs capital of the U.K.

Never mentioned in The Broons hoose.

2 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

I like junkies.

You can get terrific prices on stolen jackets, coffee and packs of bacon if you're sitting in the right pub at the right time.

Don't even eat bacon but at 5p a slice fucking fry the cunt up and get it between some bread, yesiree boy. 

You can even put in orders for Xmas.

From my viewpoint there's plenty the Scottish government can be doing to improve the situation. Fair play to Sturgeon today for standing up and accepting that her government must do better. 

Ruth Davidson's focus on rehabilitation facilities was to me, all a bit strange. I've no doubt these play a part but surely the thing that plays a biggest part in someone being a drug user is poverty? Lack of opportunity. Lack of hope. 

All the rehab facilities won't make a fucking difference if someone is going back to the same unemployed, hope devoid life.