Coronavirus

Henry

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

LONDON — When the pandemic exploded in March, British officials embarked on a desperate scramble to procure the personal protective equipment, ventilators, coronavirus tests and other supplies critical to containing the surge. In the months following those fevered days, the government handed out thousands of contracts to fight the virus, some of them in a secretive “V.I.P. lane” to a select few companies with connections to the governing Conservative Party.

To shine a light on one of the greatest spending sprees in Britain’s postwar era, The New York Times analyzed a large segment of it, the roughly 1,200 central government contracts that have been made public, together worth nearly $22 billion. Of that, about $11 billion went to companies either run by friends and associates of politicians in the Conservative Party, or with no prior experience or a history of controversy. Meanwhile, smaller firms without political clout got nowhere.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/17/world/europe/britain-covid-contracts.html

I read that article earlier, RS. 

Lays bare the scale of the corruption and misuse of public money by the government. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

From my viewpoint there's plenty the Scottish government can be doing to improve the situation. Fair play to Sturgeon today for standing up and accepting that her government must do better. 

Ruth Davidson's focus on rehabilitation facilities was to me, all a bit strange. I've no doubt these play a part but surely the thing that plays a biggest part in someone being a drug user is poverty? Lack of opportunity. Lack of hope. 

All the rehab facilities won't make a fucking difference if someone is going back to the same unemployed, hope devoid life. 

Not as simple as that either Parkoid. Some of them do want to stop it but are physically, mentally, or both, addicted and require professional help to do it. Unfortunately in some cases it's just not there.

In a lot of cases though they haven't engaged with opportunities for help and when finally they decide "this is the time" they are treated as time wasters due to the other failed attempts.

9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Think you'll find it's alleged. Large companies have friends in high places, the way of the World. I've seen no corruption from England.

If you've got a mate that can get you a load of masks cheap you're hardly going to say "no, hold on, maybe there's someone else who can get them"

It was an emergency, needs must.

1 hour ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

I like junkies.

You can get terrific prices on stolen jackets, coffee and packs of bacon if you're sitting in the right pub at the right time.

Don't even eat bacon but at 5p a slice fucking fry the cunt up and get it between some bread, yesiree boy. 

Junkie Dave. Proper fucking ledge and one of the soundest cunts I've ever known man.

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Just been in a supermarket (Tescos) for the first time in months and not a human being alive can convince me that it's safer in there than it was in the pubs July/August time. What a fucking stitch up. 

Aye it’s mental isn’t it. I had some cunt argue with me that supermarkets were safer than fitba stadia because people don’t tend to shout in supermarkets. Fuck everyone. 

1 minute ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

So they ought to close the supermarkets too, and allow every cunt to starve......?

As a big fan of eating I'm surprised at your position on this old friend....

Why not make them follow the rules though? Name and address for track and trace, social distancing, sanitise touch points, all the same nonsense they had the pubs doing. They are either serious about stopping the spread or they are not. The supermarkets have made a fucking killing, get them employing more staff to do the extra work. 

No usually a Tescos man but was up that way. Yeah the huge fucker on the Kingsway Dad.

For the record I bought

6 x Vimto Fizzy Zero

1 x big bottle of ginger beer

6 x bananas

1 x jar of honey

1 x cooked chicken

1 x can of sweet corn

1 x tub of coleslaw

9 x shit rolls

3 x wet wipes(for arse)

1 x box of Ready Brek

1 x box of bonios

1 x tin of pink salmon( for Bez)

No booze, I'm keeping my powder dry for tomorrow and I'm hoping to get my cock wet tonight(enjoy it better sober)

14 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

No usually a Tescos man but was up that way. Yeah the huge fucker on the Kingsway Dad.

For the record I bought

6 x Vimto Fizzy Zero

1 x big bottle of ginger beer

6 x bananas

1 x jar of honey

1 x cooked chicken

1 x can of sweet corn

1 x tub of coleslaw

9 x shit rolls

3 x wet wipes(for arse)

1 x box of Ready Brek

1 x box of bonios

1 x tin of pink salmon( for Bez)

No booze, I'm keeping my powder dry for tomorrow and I'm hoping to get my cock wet tonight(enjoy it better sober)

Enjoy your breakfast tomorrow big guy. 

58 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Why not make them follow the rules though? Name and address for track and trace, social distancing, sanitise touch points, all the same nonsense they had the pubs doing. They are either serious about stopping the spread or they are not. The supermarkets have made a fucking killing, get them employing more staff to do the extra work. 

Absolutely. It may be inconvenient but most other industries have had major inconveniences since the start. It's not uncommon for supermarkets to have ran out of hand sanitiser at door. No more "sanitised trolley" bays either. Nae cunt cares about social distancing. Very few places actually controlling entry anymore. They've just given up.

21 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

Absolutely. It may be inconvenient but most other industries have had major inconveniences since the start. It's not uncommon for supermarkets to have ran out of hand sanitiser at door. No more "sanitised trolley" bays either. Nae cunt cares about social distancing. Very few places actually controlling entry anymore. They've just given up.

Not one single person gives a fuck anymore. They have arrows showing you which way to walk, like I am going to wander round the supermarket 15 aisles to get my carrots and a few beers.

They just need someone on the door saying, do not be a fucking idiot, please wear a mask and social distance.