Coronavirus

Henry

Plenty drinks taste different in different countries.  Efes, Guinness some Carlsberg.  Brewed differently in different countries possibly. Any Irish i have worked with are picky with bars due to Guinness being shite.  And alway enjoy going home for a real pint.

Never touch the stuff but if i ever get to Ireland i will.

9 hours ago, jamiesd said:

Plenty drinks taste different in different countries.  Efes, Guinness some Carlsberg.  Brewed differently in different countries possibly. Any Irish i have worked with are picky with bars due to Guinness being shite.  And alway enjoy going home for a real pint.

Never touch the stuff but if i ever get to Ireland i will.

Been to Ireland on numerous occasions.

Drank my first pint of Guinness there the day before we exited the UEFA Cup v Bohemians under Ebbe's stewardship. 2000 a hink.

I would say 95% of the subsequent 100s of pints scoffed in Ireland after that were Guinness too.

It truly is delectable. I do drink it sometimes elsewhere, but not very often.

As for Carslberg, bottles brewed in UK 275ml, 3.8%.

Ones I drink in Cyprus, much tastier, 630ml bottles, 4.6%. Brewed in Nicosia. Well, Strovolos more accurately.

Different tastes different approach (obviously weak piss in small measures for guffies notoriously unable to handle drink).

Used to love the Carlsberg Export, was the goto if spied in supermarket in 24s fan bied in Scotland.

Nice flavour. Was never too keen on the basic lager itself.

Though definitely superior here. Draught is spot on too.

Edit to add:
Yeah, Efes is better in Turkey as well.
Different, maltier? my guess stronger too and in those cool fat pint bottles.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Guinness is class. You craft beer fucking weirdos need to shut your fucking holes. 

I’m the biggest craft wanker here and Guiness is decent. So is Lion Stout in Sri Lanka that’s cost probably less than a dollar a can.

All that said Guinness is popular due to fucking great marketing.

There are also better dark beers whatever you wish to call them from stout, porter, Baltic Porter etc etc. Guinness is probably quite hard to beat on a price to quality ration when you get a decent draught at a decent price but that’s very fucking rare in this country.

Thon Estonian Pohjala bluts was drinking are far more tasty, varied and interesting than Guinness. Get a bottle of Speedway stout it’ll blow your mind. Cafe racer by Fierce is fucking sublime too.

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

As for Carslberg, bottles brewed in UK 275ml, 3.8%.

Ones I drink in Cyprus, much tastier, 630ml bottles, 4.6%. Brewed in Nicosia. Well, Strovolos more accurately.

Different tastes different approach (obviously weak piss in small measures for guffies notoriously unable to handle drink).

Do you nae bother with Keo? Always get a crate of large Keos when Im over, very refreshing while you sit around the pool.

21 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

I’m the biggest craft wanker here and Guiness is decent. So is Lion Stout in Sri Lanka that’s cost probably less than a dollar a can.

All that said Guinness is popular due to fucking great marketing.

There are also better dark beers whatever you wish to call them from stout, porter, Baltic Porter etc etc. Guinness is probably quite hard to beat on a price to quality ration when you get a decent draught at a decent price but that’s very fucking rare in this country.

Thon Estonian Pohjala bluts was drinking are far more tasty, varied and interesting than Guinness. Get a bottle of Speedway stout it’ll blow your mind. Cafe racer by Fierce is fucking sublime too.

Aye I'll ask the gaffer at my local to get a few kegs of Pohjala in for when the lockdowns over

• Upvote 1