Aberdeen 0 - 0 Dundee Utd

Just now, sooth_stander said:

2nd half, great through ball by Hedges to Main, go across the goalie and it’s 1-0 and probably game over.

The lack of quality was summed up right there but don’t blame the player, blame the chump that signed him.

Totally agree. 

I said the other day that McInnes should be getting his arse kicked for allowing the striker situation to get so grim.  Fucking scandalous.  His best striker this season was a player who isn't really a striker. Says it all. 

His reliance & 100% faith in the luck/good fortune of the form of Cosgrove of previous seasons & thinking it was ok to sign the likes of Main rather than an actual decent striker in Cosgroves place should we have needed it, just highlights how inept McInnes has been in an attacking sense.

Genuinely dread to think what kind of fixes he will have planned this window for us up front. Especially when we inevitably get fobbed off down to his ‘third’ choice targets after the likes of pish like Stewart

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

In the first half there were plenty of decent balls into the box but Main just doesn't have the instinct to make the right decisions. 

Second half the creativity wasn't there so we needed the strikers to hold the ball to get numbers forward but the control of all 3 was laughable. Not one of them capable of taking a ball down.

I have to agree with you on Brophy and Stewart. They might be marginally better then what we have but they aren't going to add much to our current strike force - thats if the rumours are true and they are signing.

Watkins is badly missed. Hope we can get him signed.

Another brutal watch especially the 2nd half, have seen some great strikers at Pittodrie in my 40 odd Years going but Main & Edmondson are among the worst I have seen. I have seen much better players than Main in amateur football he hasn't got a clue, Main is more dangerous in his own box than the oppositions he is truly hopeless. As many have said we will not improve until Mcinnes is gone, his stock team with 3 centre halves 2 solid midfielders and a donkey up front will not get us improvement no matter who he signs in the summer. The whole thing is extremely stale and will only be fixed by a change. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Sheepo said:

Another brutal watch especially the 2nd half, have seen some great strikers at Pittodrie in my 40 odd Years going but Main & Edmondson are among the worst I have seen. I have seen much better players than Main in amateur football he hasn't got a clue, Main is more dangerous in his own box than the oppositions he is truly hopeless. As many have said we will not improve until Mcinnes is gone, his stock team with 3 centre halves 2 solid midfielders and a donkey up front will not get us improvement no matter who he signs in the summer. The whole thing is extremely stale and will only be fixed by a change. 

Totally agree min. 

8 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

Watkins is badly missed. Hope we can get him signed.

Without doubt this is where the season changed for me too.

Hedges and Wright (oot injured since, yes) were never able to get up the park enough to do damage since Watkins got injured. Ball bounces aff 40 yards isolated target man no. 1 or no. 2, rinse and repeat.

• Upvote 1

Harsh on Edmondson. Hardly got any minutes. 

Criticism of Cosgrove and Main valid, though. When Hayes cut the ball to the pen spot and they had both made the same run to the near post, just sums up how unintelligent they are as footballers.

12 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Harsh on Edmondson. Hardly got any minutes. 

Criticism of Cosgrove and Main valid, though. When Hayes cut the ball to the pen spot and they had both made the same run to the near post, just sums up how unintelligent they are as footballers.

Edmondson is a centre half playing up front and it shows. Fuck knows how he got a contract at Leeds 

• Upvote 3

Needs to stop playing Hedges at right wing back. Complete waste of one of our only two creative players.  Needs to be played much closer to goal so he can do some damage. Playing a ball carrier like Kennedy behind the striker instead of Hedges is complete pish. Get the ball carrier at wing back for fucks sake and let the football players play on areas where they can hurt teams. 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Needs to stop playing Hedges at right wing back. Complete waste of one of our only two creative players.  Needs to be played much closer to goal so he can do some damage. Playing a ball carrier like Kennedy behind the striker instead of Hedges is complete pish. Get the ball carrier at wing back for fucks sake and let the football players play on areas where they can hurt teams. 

Kennedy just doesn’t cut it for me.

Admittedly, the current formation doesn’t suit him but in the 1st half today, we had McGinn, Hayes and Kennedy all on the left flank (McGinn did fuck all by the way) and Hoban and Hedges on the right side. And a totally ineffective Ferguson and McCrorie in the centre, neither of whom was prepared to go beyond the even less effective strikers. Just a muddle.

Like a broken record, same since summer 2017.

59 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Exactly this

If we could find a way of offloading Kennedy then I would also absolutely buy into your plan of re-signing Mackay-Steven. However with our budget fucked up due to the present circumstances, we just can't afford to do so until summer when a good number will leave and we then have some room to maneouvre. 

I'm pretty much writing this season off. 3rd place in the league will have to suffice. Although I'm now starting to become wary of Livingston who are starting to gallop up the league. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

“A ball carrier like Kennedy”

I’m glad someone has discovered what it is he’s supposed to do, because I’m fucked if I know what he’s supposed to be.

Just one on a long list that is not good enough & I’d like us to get rid off.

Yet another damming indictment on the shite scouting & recruitment.

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Exactly this

If we could find a way of offloading Kennedy then I would also absolutely buy into your plan of re-signing Mackay-Steven. However with our budget fucked up due to the present circumstances, we just can't afford to do so until summer when a good number will leave and we then have some room to maneouvre. 

I'm pretty much writing this season off. 3rd place in the league will have to suffice. Although I'm now starting to become wary of Livingston who are starting to gallop up the league. 

Sums it up. We are looking warily below us, at Livingston. Fucking Livingston, run and coached by a convicted coke dealer.

With our budget, we should be comfortably winning games like today, away at struggling Motherwell, away at St Mirren but our manager is being outfoxed by coaches on hugely lesser budgets.

This can’t go on 

• Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“A ball carrier like Kennedy”

I’m glad someone has discovered what it is he’s supposed to do, because I’m fucked if I know what he’s supposed to be.

Just one on a long list that is not good enough & I’d like us to get rid off.

He's a hun as well. 

Only worth having if they're any good. 

Guest milne_afc
9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Calm down Deirdre it’s only football you big blouse :laughing:

28 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Calm down Deirdre it’s only football you big blouse :laughing:

I have zero interest in you, or your feeble attempts at humour.

You’d think I’m the only one criticising.

But you know that.

Funny how you pick holes in my posts after I slagged off masons as a bunch of stupid wee insecure men.

Poor Brother Milne.... but not surprising from the likes of you. 

Leave the goats alone