Aberdeen 0 - 0 Dundee Utd

15 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I have zero interest in you, or your feeble attempts at humour.

You’d think I’m the only one criticising.

But you know that.

Funny how you pick holes in my posts after I slagged off masons as a bunch of stupid wee insecure men.

Poor Brother Milne.... but not surprising from the likes of you. 

Leave the goats alone 

Rattled to fuck. ?

Even in all these shit draws where we have been the better & more attacking side in the first halves. How come we come out second half & regress rather than improve or even try something different .

You can tell the extent of McInnes’s ht team talk is.

’it’s ok lads, WE’re doing fine. Just take it easy, slow things down & the goal will come’  if you can’t find the pass forward work it back to Big Joe so we can keep that possession stat & we start over. Rinse/repeat 

11 hours ago, alscotoz said:

C'mon lads. Chins up. Thought it was a sparkling performance and a perfect warm up for next week's game which we should win by a couple of goals. So proud.

@maryhilldon

How do you expect to put 2 goals past Rangers when Mcinnes and his team of numpties can’t beat the likes of United , St Mirren Motherwell Hamilton etc Mcinnes signed some of these plugs he keeps playing the plugs, and the shit he comes out with his after match comments is right out of the Beano. Its never super huns fault.     And he’s now rattling on about signing someone to help with the top end another disaster January . Aberdeen should be looking at signing someone to replace at the top of the top HIM. 

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Shoehorning Cosgrove into that side would have meant dropping one of Watkins, Wright or Hedges. He couldn't not replicate any of their styles so it's a bit of a moot point. And as we have seen...since Wright and Watkins have both been out the side, our effectiveness and style of play have suffered drastically

I think I imagined if we'd introduced Cosgrove,(eg at the expense of Watkins) during that purple patch it might have revived his early last season form,the way our new style this season got the best out of Wright.Even Edmundson looked not badish.

Reality would probably have been the return to the easy option of hoofball

4 minutes ago, Laichomoray said:

I think I imagined if we'd introduced Cosgrove,(eg at the expense of Watkins) during that purple patch it might have revived his early last season form,the way our new style this season got the best out of Wright.Even Edmundson looked not badish.

Reality would probably have been the return to the easy option of hoofball

If we're going to play Cosgrove we probably need to go back to the 451.  Even then it won't be pretty.  And we'll need to get decent full backs as those areas have been allowed to rot as well as the striking options. 

I think we really need to clear out all our strikers and start again.

The recruitment in recent years has been shambolic. Took him 2 years to get a half decent midfield pairing after recruiting a series of misfits.

Major rebuilding required in the summer as a whole host of players will be leaving all over the park apart from centre midfield. Is he up to it? 

14 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

^ same conclusion I've come to for a wee while now.

Short on central defence. Short at full back when Logan goes. Short for wide players when McGinn goes. Short up front when Cosgrove goes. 

Realistic cover for above is Devlin, some kids pushing on and Main / Anderson. 

It's a big decision in the summer Frankie. 

We'll probably be bringing in about 10 first team squad players assuming those leave that we expect to leave. 

Do you entrust a manager with 12 months to go with this rebuilding? 

People say we can't afford to pay him off but can we afford to let him undertake such a major rebuilding job if he's leaving less than 12 months later? 

14 minutes ago, NEM said:

Why do we seem to have a major rebuilding job on our hands every fucking year. Didn’t seem that long ago most of us were delighted with the squad ?

There's about 14 or 15 out of contract between now and June I think. 

And that before you consider Cosgrove and Ferguson who might be sold. 

Hardly any cunt left after the summer. 

One goalie 

No defenders 

No strikers (if Cosgrove is sold) 

A few midfielders. 

Hedges, Hayes and Kennedy. 

That's about it. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

One goalie 

No defenders 

A few midfielders. 

That's about it. 

I think it’s good... and bad...

Good because it gives us a good chance to gut the squad & completely re-shape it. 

The bad news is McInnes & Richardson would be in charge of it all, and as has been proven the last 3-4 transfer windows, they’re not very good at it. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think it’s good... and bad...

Good because it gives us a good chance to gut the squad & completely re-shape it. 

The bad news is McInnes & Richardson would be in charge of it all, and as has been proven the last 3-4 transfer windows, they’re not very good at it. 

I think he'll get an extension if I'm being honest. 

If not you'd be nuts to let him rebuild a squad for the next few years if you're going to let him leave a few months later? What a missed opportunity that would be.  You'd be better paying him off and letting a new guy oversee the rebuilding. Cheaper in the long run. 

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

One goalie 

No defenders 

A few midfielders. 

That's about it. 

Considine signed an extension recently did he not? Hopefully Hoban follows suit and we get Taylor to fuck

Be surprised if Wright and McLennan don’t extend. 

4 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

As if we’d completely blow the budget and still be left with no full backs, 7 defensive midfielders who think they’re centre halves and a set of strikers who see the opposition box as a challenge and effort too far....

hahahahahaha...ha.......ha..........ha.

fuck.

And 4 or 5 players who can 'cover a number of positions*' to mask the fact there are no first choice full backs or enough centre backs. 

*they can't really 

1 minute ago, NEM said:

Considine signed an extension recently did he not? Hopefully Hoban follows suit and we get Taylor to fuck

Be surprised if Wright and McLennan don’t extend. 

Sorry, I forgot about Consi.  Should be cover really at his age next year though. 

The other three are far from guaranteed.  I can see Wright getting an offer or two elsewhere. No word about McLennan getting offered anything yet. 

41 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's a big decision in the summer Frankie. 

We'll probably be bringing in about 10 first team squad players assuming those leave that we expect to leave. 

Do you entrust a manager with 12 months to go with this rebuilding? 

People say we can't afford to pay him off but can we afford to let him undertake such a major rebuilding job if he's leaving less than 12 months later? 

Yeah. That's part of the reason that most big clubs have a sporting director who overseas recruitment. Ensures there's a long term strategy and always thinking of the future. Where a manager may well only be focussed on the next 6 months.

Its something I'd like to see us employ, once McInnes leaves. 

33 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If not you'd be nuts to let him rebuild a squad for the next few years if you're going to let him leave a few months later? What a missed opportunity that would be.  You'd be better paying him off and letting a new guy oversee the rebuilding. Cheaper in the long run. 

I think the only way he’d be offered an extension before his contract expires in the summer of 2022 would be if we won the Scottish Cup in May this season (nae laughing).

Otherwise I think we’ll be happy to let it run down, as it’s unlikely any other club will want him.

I’m pretty sure McInnes & Richardson already have a list of players they’re considering for the summer.

McInnes will also have a very good idea who he wants to retain & who he wants to let go of the ones going out of contract. 

But like I & you have said fuck knows how it’ll go if we’re trusting them to bring in about 10 players. 

3 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Apropos of nothing but the discussion about a certain manager not knowing an attacking midfielder if he slapped him with a wet kipper, I’m sitting watching Madison (a semi fit one at that) destroy Newcastle.  Whoever would have looked at him and think there’s a number 10.

nope, clearly a winger.  Apparently.

To think that season we had Jack, Shinnie, McLean & Maddison available in midfield.

31 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

To be fair he looked like he was onto something this season up to Watkins injury and recall. He was clear it was Watkins specifically he was after - which suggests the style of fitba wasnae a fluke.

But aye, his track record doesnae fill you with confidence of doing that again. He's always been the steady Eddie percentage fitba type manager

1 hour ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

To be fair he looked like he was onto something this season up to Watkins injury and recall. He was clear it was Watkins specifically he was after - which suggests the style of fitba wasnae a fluke.

But aye, his track record doesnae fill you with confidence of doing that again. He's always been the steady Eddie percentage fitba type manager

Hmmm not sure that's true.

Watkins ended up with us because Edmundson crocked himself in training a couple of days after a (relatively promising) substitute debut against sevco. He was only here because our first and second choice strikers got crocked in pre-season. 

As for allowing McInnes to rebuild the squad in summer.......what other choice do we have? With a year left on their contracts, paying off DM and Doc comes to almost exactly a nice round £1million. It might have been a possibilty in normal times that we would have swallowed that bitter pill if we had come off a particularly bad season (I'm talking bottom 6 and 2 early cup exits) but these aren't normal times. And even if we did, that pay-off would massively impact on any new manager's budget to undertake the rebuild. 

I'm certain there will be no new contract for DM unless there is a Cup win between now and his contract running out. And even then. he might consider that 9 years in the hotseat is enough for him anyway. His ambition to manage in England again has never been a secret, although the level that he wants it to be at might prove a stumbling block. But there are a few big names in EFL1 who as it stands don't look like coming up this season (Sunderland and Ipswich) who you would think would bin their managers if they don't. Sunderland are in the process of changing ownership and a different proposition to the ones he rejected a few seasons back. He would surely be in the reckoning for them....so we could possibly get him out without and compo issues.