Fraser Hornby

32 minutes ago, minijc said:

Arguing about finishing 3rd when 2nd has been there for the taking, a team and fan base of losers.

It could have been within our grasp this season but our quality in the final third has been so poor since the end of last year that despite being the dominant team on most occasions we’ve laboured to a point or less when we should have taken all 3. You can blame injuries to a degree but we’ve coped with such things in the past. It’s the managers failure to motivate the team and constant rhetoric that we’ve no right to be challenging the duopoly. To be content with 3rd and have a wee jolly in Europe. We’ve gone stale under McInnes. A narrow win against the free falling Killie does not inspire confidence we can somehow push on and challenge Hibs for the lucrative 3rd spot.

Back on topic though, it’s a blow to lose Hornby just as he was beginning to settle. We probably expected too much from him on the basis of his valuation but there must’ve been a reason we was out of the picture at Riems. He’s a young lad thrown into a team low on confidence and with little first team football under his belt. It’s a ridiculous situation really to be replacing your entire front line at this point in the season.

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

I think you're overstating how good Hibs are. hey were absolutely shite against us till they scored. I don't see them getting too many points either post split, although their form going into it is better than ours.

If we get 6 points from next 3 games I think we'll close the gap a bit. Ideally we'd need 9 to really push them, but that's not going to happen. 

I think you are being wildly optimistic that we will have closed the gap to Hibs by the split

Our games .....Celtic (a), Hamilton (h), DABS (a)

Hibs......Motherwell (injury decimated....h), St J (a), Coonty (game in hand....a), Livi (a)

I fully expect them to stretch their lead to 7 points this weekend. Even if we then take 6 points from our next 2 games (given that we are having great difficulty in scoring it's not something I'd put money on), all Hibs need to do is win one of their 3 following away games (or draw all 3) to maintain the current gap. 

I hope you are correct and Hibs find a way of Hibsing it but right now it's just too much of a stretch for me to think 3rd is a possibility

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

a lot of football still to be played but at the league split:

Anderson 2

Hendry 1

Kamberi 0

Hornby 0

I still remain confident

Lafferty on to three goals in 3.5 matches for Kilmarnock, exactly the kind of impact needed from a January signing. No chance we’d have been in for him though.

7 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Lafferty on to three goals in 3.5 matches for Kilmarnock, exactly the kind of impact needed from a January signing. No chance we’d have been in for him though.

It would have been a hard one to take but folk need to get over themselves.

Still await the toys out of the pram when Broony is appointed captain

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 5:51 PM, starryfish said:

Lafferty would have been a brilliant signing. A proven goal scorer with a mean streak. Would take him any day.

• Downvote 2
  • Dildo 12
48 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Odd that people wouldn’t have a proven goal scorer when we are crying out for one simply because he’s a hun cunt. Yet everyone is jizzing their pants over a past it Scott Brown.

Just one of the many reasons that Lafferty is a loathsome cunt.

If he played for us, I’d be happy to see his career ended with a horrendous tackle. 

3 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Odd that people wouldn’t have a proven goal scorer when we are crying out for one simply because he’s a hun cunt. 

There's uber huns we wouldn't take under any circumstances... Novo, Hately, etc.

Lafferty fits that bill.

Glass will have a near blank canvas.

We're hoping (praying) he'll be aiming higher than Lafferty.

3 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Yet everyone is jizzing their pants over a past it Scott Brown.

Two different things.

Aberdeen won't be counting on Brown for goals (just as Celtic didn't).

And if you want to talk Sevco/Celtic... Sevco let Lafferty go after 19 appearances 3 seasons ago, while Celtic wanted Brown for next season.