Fraser Hornby

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Always wary of writing off a player after just three games, but he’s showed nothing positive at all. Nothing.

Not quick, poor first touch, doesn’t seem strong or good at holding the ball up & wins little in the air even though he’s 6’5”. 

Maybe he’ll be in our central defence soon.

20 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

The issue is, Hornby, Hendry and Kamberi are just shite Cosgroves, Mains and Watkins. Whole squad is being downgraded.

Diabolical that we have no striking options coming thru the youth system. Ethan Ross might dispel that myth but I’d be surprised 

Nobody is a downgraded Main!

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Always wary of writing off a player after just three games, but he’s showed nothing positive at all. Nothing.

Not quick, poor first touch, doesn’t seem strong or good at holding the ball up & wins little in the air even though he’s 6’5”. 

Not going to write him off either but I will stick by my initial feelings on his ability 

He is a target man type with very little other skills. Worse in many ways than Cosgrove was in even in that simplistic style.

he’s young though, could improve but even in his U21 games I have watched him in, he offers little other than target man type striker & his physical advantage helps him in that sense so he stood out at U21 level

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

The issue is, Hornby, Hendry and Kamberi are just shite Cosgroves, Mains and Watkins. Whole squad is being downgraded.

Diabolical that we have no striking options coming thru the youth system. Ethan Ross might dispel that myth but I’d be surprised 

Youth players have very little chance under McInnes that is pretty much a given.

Mckenna was a forced breakthrough from desperation that worked out in his favour.

Even young Cambell has been mismanaged by him imo. Mostly through utterly shite game management pish.

As for Bruce Anderson, he has been worst treated of the lot but scapegoated as shite by many in ignorance of his treatment by McInnes.

Not surprised Wright wanted away & I have very little faith Ethan Ross will be treated any better under McInnes unless he has a fit mother or big sister that McInnes is after ?

• Dildo 1

I don't actually think he is a target man, he has so far played at Everton and in France. I would imagine he would have had very little exposure to the type of hoof ball. football that we play. Even big strikers nowadays in most countries are brought up with passing football and not the stuff we play 

Hornby eh. Not looked good since coming in, but it must be harder coming into a side that's out of form. 

I think if him and Kamberi get games, it should work out. The problem is it'll only be 10 games, and it's unlikely either of them will play for us next season. 

Our current situation with players is a bit of a shambles. 

38 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Always best to write players off after three games, especially when they’ve had an illness.

I'm not writing him off at all. I think he's a good player with a fantastic future ahead of him.

I'm reacting to those posters who said we couldnt keep him. I say the opposite - we can keep him and develop him

5 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I've got to say I called it right at the beginning.

I'm not sure why some of our fans like to jump straight on saying we have no chance of keeping this guy etc etc. It was the exact same story with Wilson.

We have no chance keeping him (and so far there's been little evidence that there's anything in him worth keeping anyway)

Reims paid £1.8million for him. You can be rest assured with that kind of fee they will paying him a commensurate salary. Which certainly won't be the Euro equivalent of the £3-3.5k/wk standard rate we pay our bog standard first-teamer. It won't even be the super-duper £6k/week we lob at our club captain.

Even if Reims freed him to any willing club just to get him off their books, he's on way more than we are willing to shell out

40 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We have no chance keeping him (and so far there's been little evidence that there's anything in him worth keeping anyway)

Reims paid £1.8million for him. You can be rest assured with that kind of fee they will paying him a commensurate salary. Which certainly won't be the French francs equivalent of the £3-3.5k/wk standard rate we pay our bog standard first-teamer. It won't even be the super-duper £6k/week we lob at our club captain.

Even if Reims freed him to any willing club just to get him off their books, he's on way more than we are willing to shell out

4 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Aye and Reims will be happy to lose their investment. They’ve clearly signed him as one for the future.

If McInnes was still manager a long loan is very realistic.

I'll never be proven wrong though as Mcinnes will be leaving before Hornby.

I even wondered before the announcement if it would be a 12 or 18 month loan.

He's got a fantastic career ahead of him but dont see him fulfilling it without games.

From what I've seen of him so far I look at him and say there is a lad with a potential future in professional football

6 hours ago, Sheepo said:

I don't actually think he is a target man, he has so far played at Everton and in France. I would imagine he would have had very little exposure to the type of hoof ball. football that we play. Even big strikers nowadays in most countries are brought up with passing football and not the stuff we play 

Sam allardyce was manager at everton not too long ago, so he'd surely be familiar with hoof ball 

• Downvote 1

The boy isn't a typical target man imo despite his height. 

Scotland u21s might play him like that but you can see he's wanting it into feet all the time.  He wants to come deep, link play on the floor then get himself turned. 

His passing was poor yesterday though. But he wasn't alone. 

He looks willing to work hard though despite the poor service and not being in the best of form. 

Problem is we have three guys who haven't played much football and we need them to get up to speed quickly. One of those would be fine but all 3 are in the same boat! 

19 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The boy isn't a typical target man imo despite his height. 

Scotland u21s might play him like that but you can see he's wanting it into feet all the time.  He wants to come deep, link play on the floor then get himself turned. 

His passing was poor yesterday though. But he wasn't alone. 

He looks willing to work hard though despite the poor service and not being in the best of form. 

Problem is we have three guys who haven't played much football and we need them to get up to speed quickly. One of those would be fine but all 3 are in the same boat! 

This is a major issue for me with the signings.

It's the JANUARY window. We needed to get players in who will hit the ground running, instead we've loaned in a guy that hasn't played in months, another guy who needed a work permit and hasn't trained in weeks and a St Johnstone reserve player. While selling 2 fit strikers and putting one out on loan.

55 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

This is a major issue for me with the signings.

It's the JANUARY window. We needed to get players in who will hit the ground running, instead we've loaned in a guy that hasn't played in months, another guy who needed a work permit and hasn't trained in weeks and a St Johnstone reserve player. While selling 2 fit strikers and putting one out on loan.

Who else were we going to sign? January is always a shite window to get decent players. Or would you rather we persevered with Main and Cosgrove?

• Dildo 2