19 minutes ago, NEM said:

Doubt Hamilton will be due anything after the carry on they held over compo when we signed him?

No he's correct, a solidarity payment would be due to them (and other sides he played for from age 12 onwards) it's due each time a player moves up till the end of the season of his 23rd birthday....i think it's £60k per season so he's been with us 3 seasons = £180k to Hamilton. Much less due to other clubs...one of which will be sevco

EDIT....scrub that (I think). Just been reading the calculator....it's fucking complicated but I think the £60k per season is the pro rata rate for training payments at the top level of the four levels of clubs....hence why because of his age Campbell will cost so much for any team signing him.

I think the solidarity fee we will be due is because of selling him on prior to the expiry of his contract, before the age of 23. This is calculated at 5% of the transfer fee received, distributed pro rata to all clubs involved in his training between the ages of 12-21

https://www.parsalaw.com/fifa-player-transfers

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

A chance to go to the EPL is, unfortunately, a no brainer for all involved. Needs to be nearer £4M though.

Aye, you wouldn’t blame Ferguson at all if he pushed us to sell him to Watford. 
Even if they get relegated next season he’ll still be at one of the better Championship clubs, which would be nearer his level anyway.  

My fear is the SEVCO bastards will come in about. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Even if they get relegated next season he’ll still be at one of the better Championship clubs, which would be nearer his level anyway.  

if sevco can get kamara punted then maybe but hard to see why they'd part with serious cash for a centre mid

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

My fear is Sevco will coming sniffing about Hedges, after he tore them a new one yesterday. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

My fear is Sevco will coming sniffing about Hedges, after he tore them a new one yesterday. 

Hedges is an example where we should be trying to sign him to a new deal and setting ourselves a deadline of july 31st. If it's a no we try to punt him for anything above £600k in August

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

Campbell is probably already lined up for a championship team with double the wages we could offer, and probably in his preferred league.

Ferguson is a great player who lost his way slightly this season with the rest of the team, but he could be sensational for us with Brown joining. We should only let him go if we can secure Campbell. McGrath has had a good season but he’s 24 and not at the level of Ferguson who’s 21.

5 minutes ago, 1983 said:

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

Campbell is probably already lined up for a championship team with double the wages we could offer, and probably in his preferred league.

Ferguson is a great player who lost his way slightly this season with the rest of the team, but he could be sensational for us with Brown joining. We should only let him go if we can secure Campbell. McGrath has had a good season but he’s 24 and not at the level of Ferguson who’s 21.

Stoke have been credited with an interest and if there's any truth in it then yes you are probably correct, he'd rather be there and not just for the bigger wages they'd pay

But other than them, the only other interest rumoured in Campbell that I've seen is from Blackpool and Plymouth Argyle. We would surely be a better option for him than either of those

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ferguson guaranteed to be away.  Once they up their offer. 

Going to be a very interesting summer. 

Aye, if the bids are rolling in already, and we're not even in summer, then I'd say he's played his last game for us. 

If we could get decent money for McCrorie too, then I'd also deal there.  No idea what's happened to him, after a really promising start...

If we could move on Ferguson and McCrorie, for a combined total of 4-5M (which sounds achieveable give the numbers being thrown about), this might give us the room to maneuver in the transfer market, that we need. 

8 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

We managed to cash in on 2 Key players this season and still end up in Europe so that’s 1 positive I guess. 

But looking at our current squad Ferguson and Hedges are the only players we could gain any income on. Without them though we’d be bottom 6 material so best hanging on to them. 

We're bottom 6 material with them I'm afraid.

8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You were saying...

https://sportslens.com/rangers-keeping-tabs-on-aberdeen-midfielder-lewis-ferguson-amidst-watford-links/356100/

Rangers have a gluttony of centre mids, and I think Cormack is wise enough to know that fans will be OK with taking the cash in from Watford over selling him to someone we're ultimately competing with for 2/3 trophies next season. 

He'll probably get linked with Rangers until the day he retires. Such is the journalism standard in the country. 

£1m for McCrorie sounds like made up nonsense. He’s been down in England before and didn’t exactly set the heather alight, and he’s been poor bar his first 4-5 games here as well.

Would quite happily sell him and use the money to get Campbell in as his replacement.

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Just as well. 

He's a 22 year old defensive midfielder who has made 2 appearances for Atlanta 2.  Born in South Shields but came through the scholarship system in the US 

Found him now. Noticed he played for Sunderland youth set up as well. 

I don't know anything about these guys so not against signing them, only if it's permanent though and has the potential for resale further down the line. If we're taking them in on loan for Atlantas benefit, then I'd be worried.  

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Rangers have a gluttony of centre mids, and I think Cormack is wise enough to know that fans will be OK with taking the cash in from Watford over selling him to someone we're ultimately competing with for 2/3 trophies next season. 

He'll probably get linked with Rangers until the day he retires. Such is the journalism standard in the country. 

They're releasing Greg Stewart and will be trying to offload permanently the various squad fillers they sent out on loan in January.

Ferguson to them would still be a squad player, but they'll be bringing in a better class of squad player now they've made the CL qualifiers (and should make the group stages). However I think Ferguson would choose Watford over them at this stage in his career. The chance to play in the EPL might never come around again. Sevco will be making the CL for years to come

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

They're releasing Greg Stewart and will be trying to offload permanently the various squad fillers they sent out on loan in January.

Ferguson to them would still be a squad player, but they'll be bringing in a better class of squad player now they've made the CL qualifiers (and should make the group stages). However I think Ferguson would choose Watford over them at this stage in his career. The chance to play in the EPL might never come around again. Sevco will be making the CL for years to come

I was thinking about this last night. Rangers should definitely be in for him, makes sense. He's seen as being one of the best young prospects in Scotland, and they should really be signing up such talent with a view to replacing your Arfields, Davis, etc, going forward. His family ties and staunchness really makes it a non-brainer for them. My only hope is that Celtic fancy him and this drives the price up as Rangers won't want to be seen to be missing out to them for one of their own. 

59 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

I was thinking about this last night. Rangers should definitely be in for him, makes sense. He's seen as being one of the best young prospects in Scotland, and they should really be signing up such talent with a view to replacing your Arfields, Davis, etc, going forward. His family ties and staunchness really makes it a non-brainer for them. My only hope is that Celtic fancy him and this drives the price up as Rangers won't want to be seen to be missing out to them for one of their own. 

Agreed. If they have any forward planning after this season they’d be stupid not to go for him. Arfield and Davis won’t be around much longer. I’d be annoyed to lose him to them though, hope he goes south.

Another player it looks like we will make a decent fee on though. At least we finally seem to be doing one thing right. 

Ferguson has said several times his ambition was to play in the EPL so I would imagine he would jump at the chance. Much more chance actually getting a fee paid to us from Watford than the dodgy Huns and it would be a PR disaster for Cormack if he sold to Sevco when everyone now knows an EPL club want him