13 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

I've not been a fan of the Glass appointment, trying my best to give him every opportunity to prove me wrong.. but Clark fucking Robertson is unforgivable. Considine contracted, Devlin getting an extension.. add Gallagher and then that's our central defensive options. Absolutely brutal.

Agree 100%
Not making it easy with shite like this.

We can only hope the signings at the other end of the pitch make us happier I suppose 

• Dildo 1

4 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

We’re not signing any squad players. Any player signed should theoretically be classed as a first pick. That came straight from the managers moo.

His idea of what is deemed a ‘first pick’ is potentially looking rather questionable at best to others if the rumours are true.

All his chat about challenging the arse cheeks in Glasgow & winning cups seems nothing more than snake oil salesmanship to sell ST’s because the rumoured signings are most certainly not backing up his chat.

Not keen on Robertson but a fractured foot is hardly something to hold against a player in terms of being injury prone. It's normally caused by someone else rather than being a weakness in the player himself. 

With modern lightweight boots it's pretty easy to stamp on someone's foot and break something. 

And it's normally two months minimum even with a smallish fracture. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Then use the loan market, that’s a way of attracting a player that ordinarily you couldn’t afford.

Done it before with Hector, Christie, Maddison etc.

Rather that than sign injury prone shite, such as Robertson 

Listened to some comments from Cammy Smith recently and he mentioned the amount of loan signings that McInnes took in. Even it became the norm to pad out the squad with loans, some no better than others already there young or old. It affected the squad dynamic and I think we could all see for ourselves not in a good way.

31 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Not keen on Robertson but a fractured foot is hardly something to hold against a player in terms of being injury prone. It's normally caused by someone else rather than being a weakness in the player himself. 

With modern lightweight boots it's pretty easy to stamp on someone's foot and break something. 

And it's normally two months minimum even with a smallish fracture. 

Agree, don’t hold the fractured foot against him but he’s missed significant amounts of games the seasons before due to injury and even the Rotherham fans say he’s injury prone. 

1 minute ago, Hoofball said:

Agree, don’t hold the fractured foot against him but he’s missed significant amounts of games the seasons before due to injury and even the Rotherham fans say he’s injury prone. 

Has he? 

Are they recurring injuries as these are the ones that should be an automatic red flag

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Has he? 

Are they recurring injuries as these are the ones that should be an automatic red flag

Played a total of 69 games out of a potential 144 in three season. Could be more games if they went up through play offs. 

Can’t find info on the type of injuries but most articles about him all say he’s had a bad time with injuries

41 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Listened to some comments from Cammy Smith recently and he mentioned the amount of loan signings that McInnes took in. Even it became the norm to pad out the squad with loans, some no better than others already there young or old. It affected the squad dynamic and I think we could all see for ourselves not in a good way.

I’m not talking about 3 or 4 like McInnes would have.

Even one, a good one. Like I mentioned, a Hector/Maddison stand out type.

I agree that too many loanees is a bad thing.  

56 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

His injury record is a worry.

Folk saying he’s shite based on a few games for us 8 years ago is stupid.

I assumed most of these Guys had been following his career carefully since he left us as they all reckon he is shite so they must have seen a lot f him over the last 8 Years

• Haha 1

The only time we should be bringing in a loanee is if we can't source a suitable permanent player for a first team spot that's better than the current incumbent and there aren't any youths ready to step up. 

Clark Robertson is probably a good example of this.  Probably not an improvement on Consi and there doesn't appear to be any young centre backs ready to step up.  Sign a loanee for 6 months or a year instead and wait until someone more suitable becomes available. 

It's hard for Glass though. Probably needs 8-10 players in one window.  Hard to source and or/afford everyone you would ideally like in one summer if you're on a tight budget.  Better to bring in 4 or 5 good ones than 8 average ones. 

I’m more of a glass half full kind of guy so I’ll base my opinion on Robertson after he’s played a few games under Glass.

I can’t remember him much from the first time round, but he can’t currently be as shite as people as making out.

The injuries do worry me but then we play less games than in England so could help with that. 

He’s played at a higher level than the like of Ash Taylor and is younger so if he’s a replacement for him that’s fine with me.

14 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I assumed most of these Guys had been following his career carefully since he left us as they all reckon he is shite so they must have seen a lot f him over the last 8 Years

He's been away 6 full seasons

3 with Blackpool who bounced between EFL1 and 2...........and 3 with Rotherham who bounced between  the Championship and EFL1

If we had signed a 21 to 23 year old young prospect from either of those clubs I'd have applauded the ambition. But signing a journeyman pro who turns 28 a month into the new season, who has been injury prone for 3 seasons and who we actually released 6 years back smacks of laziness, not to mention penny pinching (and also a gamble if he spends half the season on the treatment table.....Devlin has filled that role for the past 3 years and it looks like we might even give him a short contract too!!!).  I'd seriously prefer we just re-signed Taylor who I'm convinced is better.

Had Considine chosen to retire this summer, Robertson as a 4th choice CH probably would have been a sensible squad addition. But he sure as fuck makes no sense at all as a first pick

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He hasn’t been playing regularly though.

He’s missed more than half of the last 2 seasons with various injuries.

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He wasn't that regular.......16 appearances this season

It's a fucking horrendous signing assuming it happens. Pray he fails his medical

Fair enough to both the above

i couldn’t actually be arsed looking to see if he’s been playing. Big eyebrow’d hun cunt

10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Then use the loan market, that’s a way of attracting a player that ordinarily you couldn’t afford.

Done it before with Hector, Christie, Maddison etc.

Rather that than sign injury prone shite, such as Robertson 

Aye, true. But it’s not great long term planning. It’s not even that great short term planning. Hector and Maddison were only here for 6 months, we didn’t get that much out of them. 

9 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

His idea of what is deemed a ‘first pick’ is potentially looking rather questionable at best to others if the rumours are true.

All his chat about challenging the arse cheeks in Glasgow & winning cups seems nothing more than snake oil salesmanship to sell ST’s because the rumoured signings are most certainly not backing up his chat.

Why not?

we aren’t going to build a squad as talented as rangers or Celtic - is that what you expect? 

St J have just won a trophy and won in glasgow this season with Craig Bryson and Liam Craig. 

Glass wants to challenge and win the trophies, but like it or not he is still going to have an Aberdeen budget. His idea of a first pick is based on what we can afford. 

11 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

At the same time Cormack is literally pleading with the people of the NE to come and support the team,  he is signing someone who rejects this notion and instead gives his support to one of the most abhorrent clubs in world football. 

Major black mark against Cormack allowing this and the goodwill I was willing to give Glass will be eroded when this is confirmed ?

The worrying thing for me about Clark Robertson potentially signing is that he was apparently a target for McInnes, which suggests that it's one from Russ Richardson. 

Recruitment is so important to a manager's success so it doesn't bode well if we continue along the same lines in that department. 

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He's been away 6 full seasons

3 with Blackpool who bounced between EFL1 and 2...........and 3 with Rotherham who bounced between  the Championship and EFL1

If we had signed a 21 to 23 year old young prospect from either of those clubs I'd have applauded the ambition. But signing a journeyman pro who turns 28 a month into the new season, who has been injury prone for 3 seasons and who we actually released 6 years back smacks of laziness, not to mention penny pinching (and also a gamble if he spends half the season on the treatment table.....Devlin has filled that role for the past 3 years and it looks like we might even give him a short contract too!!!).  I'd seriously prefer we just re-signed Taylor who I'm convinced is better.

Had Considine chosen to retire this summer, Robertson as a 4th choice CH probably would have been a sensible squad addition. But he sure as fuck makes no sense at all as a first pick

So how many times have you seen Robertson since he left ?

5 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I’m more of a glass half full kind of guy so I’ll base my opinion on Robertson after he’s played a few games under Glass.

I can’t remember him much from the first time round, but he can’t currently be as shite as people as making out.

The injuries do worry me but then we play less games than in England so could help with that. 

He’s played at a higher level than the like of Ash Taylor and is younger so if he’s a replacement for him that’s fine with me.

From my memory Robertson was weak in tackle but reasonably fast & truly atrocious at crossing.

Crossing not exactly important for a CH so maybe he will be a better CH than FB but if he hasn’t strengthened a great deal & improved his tackling then I really fear for this signing.

2 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

The worrying thing for me about Clark Robertson potentially signing is that he was apparently a target for McInnes, which suggests that it's one from Russ Richardson. 

Recruitment is so important to a manager's success so it doesn't bode well if we continue along the same lines in that department. 

This Russ Richardson seems to be the biggest wasted wage at club. Would love to see his ‘actual’ stats record for the players he has sourced/assessed for us.

Laziness in our signings policy has long been very apparent over the years, as well as desperately trying to fill multiple  gapping holes with multitasker type players rather than focusing on the gapping holes individually