On 3/8/2021 at 12:58 PM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Was gonna make a joke about David Winnie having a league winners medal but just looked up the squad and you could make a fair starting 11 out of that. Probably shifting McKimmie to left back cause the rest are pish and having the original rat at right back

http://www.afcheritage.org/Team/CurrentSquad/index.cfm?Season=2020-21

Just had a look at the womans team. Anywhere there isn't a photo, they've used a cartoon Willie Miller. I doubt Nadia Sopel has a Miller tash, but you never know. 

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

So your post about him having his contract extended by a year was fake news then?

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt by saying it was a genuine misunderstanding rather than a monstrous fuck up.

Gallagher did reach the trigger point in his contract where an extension had to be offered. I presume this is what he read and for some reason thought that it was cut and dried that he would sign it. 

55 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

So your post about him having his contract extended by a year was fake news then?

Haha. I'm not sure. He's obviously done a deal to work around that. Why don't you ask Scott Burns who reported on the contract stipulation and it being triggered? 

31 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Only issue is his age for me. 

30 now.   Ideally we'd be signing younger players. 

But as long as any other defensive signings were younger guys it would be fine. 

Ash Taylor is also 30 and some folk are clamouring for him to get a new deal.

Our last game vs Accies the average age of the First XI was 28, which is part of the issue, need to recruit or bring through younger players.

Gallagher would be a great CB for us, a wee bit older aye but would get a good 2/3 years out of him I reckon

22 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Only issue is his age for me. 

30 now.   Ideally we'd be signing younger players. 

But as long as any other defensive signings were younger guys it would be fine. 

He should be serviceable for a couple of years at least. A year in the pokey gave him a decent break and consequently he's averaging pretty much bang on 30 games per season for his career so hasn't been overplayed. And as far as I can see, has no major injuries (he tends to inflict them rather than suffer them....) in his career to date.

If we can persuade Hoban to sign on and get one younger (21-23 ideally) but first-team ready left sided CH then we wouldn't be in a bad position. If we could stagger Hoban, Gallagher and the younger one on contracts of 2, 3 and 4 years, it would also mean only having to replace (or renegotiate a new contract) one of them per season going forward. Considine as a 4th option for next season covering for injuries etc would give us a pretty good selection to choose from