11 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Hazarding a guess I think Declan Gallagher will be announced. Leigh Griffiths or Stephen O'Donnell potentially the other. Allan Campbell maybe?

Cormack's comments indicate he will give Glass the backing in the summer. Scott Brown, irrespective of his age, would add quality to our team.

I think we will make some big signings this summer and really attempt to get ahead of Hibs next season. All the garbage is leaving this summer leaving us with mainly our best players (McCrorie, Lewis and Fergie. 

I'm "nervous excited" about our recruitment this summer.

With all the promised super signings I’d want to be getting as near as possible to Celtic and Rangers never mind overtaking hibs.   

1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Who listens to their wife when deciding upon a career move? A weak man that’s who, and certainly not one you’d want as part of the squad with that kind of mentality. 

Precisely, fuck him he,s not good enough for us anyway

no point in keeping Campbell as he has had his chance and done precious little with it (in spite of all his mates clearly being on here). Agree with post above that Ferguson and McCrorie have been poor the last few months, but they at least have ability, that you would hope Brown would re-ignite. 

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, RedRichard said:

no point in keeping Campbell as he has had his chance and done precious little with it (in spite of all his mates clearly being on here). Agree with post above that Ferguson and McCrorie have been poor the last few months, but they at least have ability, that you would hope Brown would re-ignite. 

I don’t know Dean Campbell but he’s been well ahead of Ferguson or mcrorie last month. Annoys me when he gets subbed before them. I think he has something to offer. Seems to have bulked up a little to which is good 

6 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

Campbell's been our best player over the past 5 or 6 games.

3 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I don’t know Dean Campbell but he’s been well ahead of Ferguson or mcrorie last month. Annoys me when he gets subbed before them. I think he has something to offer. Seems to have bulked up a little to which is good 

I’d definitely keep Deano. I think it’s likely Ferguson will be sacrificed to pay for a total rebuild 

34 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

If Ash is being released I hope they have agreed Hoban to stay on hopefully a 2 year deal

If they had, why on earth would they be keeping it quiet? 

I suppose they could maybe try to make it look like it was Glass who got it done, but I really just think that everybody out of contract is essentially on trial from now until season's end and that none of them have agreed extensions on the quiet. 

39 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

Absolute nonsense. The loon really could have done with going out on loan for the whole season, even to the Championship, to play week in, week out which is what he requires.

But in the past month he's been better than both Ferguson and McCrorie. And been getting played ahead of McGeouch.

I would still think going out on loan, at least for 6 months, would benefit him next season. Brown will be ahead of him in the queue for a place, and as I said...it's regular game time he needs right now. But Brown won't be a player for too much longer, Ferguson will get sold sooner rather than later, and McGeouch only has 14 months left on his contract. I'm sure Campbell will be a first-choice pick in about 18 months

56 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

I was unaware that some on here has such influence. 

What does mcrorie bring, that Campbell doesn't? 

5 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Absolutely. 

McCrorie is great physically but lacking technically.  

Campbell's technique and passing is far superior. 

Funny thing is, if you combine the two, you'd have a cracking midfield player. 

34 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

McCrorie might have to play in defence next season, if we are short in there and also well covered in midfield 

Any Atlanta officianados know if Glass is a 3 or 4 at the back kinda guy?

Was thinking that too . McCrorie could be a good RB if we play with a 4 and can also cover in a back 3

57 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

McRorie at the start of his Aberdeen tenure was changing games for us - he had drive going forward. I'm assuming the decline in influence of both him and Ferguson in recent months - which has played a significant part in our downturn - is psychological (and partly positional), which is really disappointing to see. It's true that Campbell has attempted to add some of that forward drive into his game as of late, but to almost no effect- he's just not a footballer. Bulking up isn't going to do much for his skill, vision, ball control or passing ability. 

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I suppose they could maybe try to make it look like it was Glass who got it done, but I really just think that everybody out of contract is essentially on trial from now until season's end and that none of them have agreed extensions on the quiet. 

My point was we would rather not shift them all out at the same time, so if we have as suggested told ash we are not renewing (unlikely at this point imo) then hopefully we are planning to keep 2 in place of the regular 4

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm sure Cormack alluding to that in hs interview that he'll let Glass announce some of those things once he's in the door. 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

McCrorie might have to play in defence next season, if we are short in there and also well covered in midfield 

Atlanta play 4231

Our favourite formation of the last 8 years

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stephen-glass/profil/trainer/22699

4-2-3-1 

He might want a central defence that’s also  comfortable playing in midfield so that in theory they’re more comfortable on the ball. 
So aye, maybe McCrorie might play in defence if Brown arrives & presumably plays most weeks. 
We also have Ferguson (might be sold?), Campbell & McGeouch so plenty cover for the “2” in a 4-2-3-1.  

Aye. I could see McCrorie developing as a sweeper in the centre of a back 3. If we play a 3.  Will likely be back to a 4.

Also plays right back for Scotland under 21s and played there mostly on loan at Portsmouth as well I believe. 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stephen-glass/profil/trainer/22699

4-2-3-1 

He might want a central defence that’s also  comfortable playing in midfield so that in theory they’re more comfortable on the ball. 
So aye, maybe McCrorie might play in defence if Brown arrives & presumably plays most weeks. 
We also have Ferguson (might be sold?), Campbell & McGeouch so plenty cover for the “2” in a 4-2-3-1.  

Therefore, it's clear he had an influence last saturday v Utd, 4 at the back and trying to play out from the back, and through the Utd high press. Never seen Lewis with the ball at his feet so much. We just don't yet have the players in place to play that way, but might as well start now