16 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Why won't we? 

We would certainly have to pay him top dollar to join up.

Of the other clubs purportedly in for him, Cardiff could blow us out the water contract wise if they choose to.

Hearts and the Dabs could both match our offer at least. They would hold a bit of a trump card over us in that he wouldn't even have to move house by joining either of them if he didn't want to. So we'd have to bung him a decent signing on fee and beat their offers by probably 15-20% to realistically make it worthwhile for him to choose us over them.

16 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We would certainly have to pay him top dollar to join up.

Of the other clubs purportedly in for him, Cardiff could blow us out the water contract wise if they choose to.

Hearts and the Dabs could both match our offer at least. They would hold a bit of a trump card over us in that he wouldn't even have to move house by joining either of them if he didn't want to. So we'd have to bung him a decent signing on fee and beat their offers by probably 15-20% to realistically make it worthwhile for him to choose us over them.

You're going to have to explain this one to me as I don't understand. 

Why would we need to offer 15-20% more than Dundee United to get him to move here instead of there?  And by what means will Dundee United be able to better any potential offer from Aberdeen? 

Hearts or even Hibs might be able to outbid us but Dundee United?  Motherwell could probably offer him as much as United. 

• Dildo 1

United have a Yank owner who can certainly match our offer if he wants to. The overall squad they couldn't but on an individual basis no problemo. FFS St Mirren blew us out the water only a couple of months back to land Brophy. 

I explained why we would have to offer more already. Joining a club in the central belt would mean he could choose to live where he does now, not incur extra costs/hassle by having to move to a more expensive area, away from family and friends. 

BTW it wasn't me who gave you the dildo....

• Dildo 1
39 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

United have a Yank owner who can certainly match our offer if he wants to. The overall squad they couldn't but on an individual basis no problemo. FFS St Mirren blew us out the water only a couple of months back to land Brophy. 

I explained why we would have to offer more already. Joining a club in the central belt would mean he could choose to live where he does now, not incur extra costs/hassle by having to move to a more expensive area, away from family and friends. 

No worries about the dildo!!

I thought we probably lost out on Brophy because we maybe saw him as a squad player and offered him a wage commensurate with that. 

You'd like to think that with so many players leaving we'd be able to offer decent money to our main targets and surely he'd rather come here than United but I take your point, apparently Shankland is on big money for Dundee United so it's not inconceivable that they'd go big on one or two then small on the rest. 

I'd be very disappointed though if we let him go there without putting up a decent fight.  

• Dildo 1
On 3/20/2021 at 6:21 AM, ThomohawkKid said:

Keeping Hoban should be biggest priority. What a pler. We’d been a hell of a lot worse off without him this season.

I hope hoban is around next year as well. But maybe a creative attacking player should be number 1 on the list. Let's say hoban is number 1b

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
On 3/20/2021 at 1:25 PM, Ten Caat said:

Blew us out the water? Got that in writing? 

Or... Cormack didn't sanction a move for him as he was planning on Derek leaving in the summer, so didn't want to foist a 3 year term striker on the new manager. That's before you factor in that he's not very good. 

On 3/20/2021 at 11:55 AM, Granite95 said:

Ash Taylor is also 30 and some folk are clamouring for him to get a new deal.

Our last game vs Accies the average age of the First XI was 28, which is part of the issue, need to recruit or bring through younger players.

Gallagher would be a great CB for us, a wee bit older aye but would get a good 2/3 years out of him I reckon

Are they?

On 3/17/2021 at 8:45 PM, Tord31 said:

disappointing we cant really speculate about summer signings without a manager.

I'll look forward to post a list of the new managers former players.

Managers always sign their former players, right? 

I'll be along later this week with a very exclusive list of transfer targets which might include names such as Calvin Miller, Anton Walkes and maybe even Leigh Griffiths

5 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I'll be along later this week with a very exclusive list of transfer targets which might include names such as Calvin Miller, Anton Walkes and maybe even Leigh Griffiths

4 Atlanta first team players with UK passport.

Jake Mulraney

Anton Walkes

Jackson Conway

Mo Adams

That'll do for starters. 

2 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Walked on our pitch wearing ear buds. Career ended. Plus he was piss. 

Oh dear fucked aff a highland league team?still third best team in Scotland?hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Hazarding a guess I think Declan Gallagher will be announced. Leigh Griffiths or Stephen O'Donnell potentially the other. Allan Campbell maybe?

Cormack's comments indicate he will give Glass the backing in the summer. Scott Brown, irrespective of his age, would add quality to our team.

I think we will make some big signings this summer and really attempt to get ahead of Hibs next season. All the garbage is leaving this summer leaving us with mainly our best players (McCrorie, Lewis and Fergie. 

I'm "nervous excited" about our recruitment this summer.

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

Hazarding a guess I think Declan Gallagher will be announced. Leigh Griffiths or Stephen O'Donnell potentially the other. Allan Campbell maybe?

Cormack's comments indicate he will give Glass the backing in the summer. Scott Brown, irrespective of his age, would add quality to our team.

I think we will make some big signings this summer and really attempt to get ahead of Hibs next season. All the garbage is leaving this summer leaving us with mainly our best players (McCrorie, Lewis and Fergie. 

Stephen o donnell will not join Aberdeen as his wife hates us.defo not him

8 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Mcrories and Ferguson have been as big a passengers as anybody last 2 months. I’d say worse than most because you expect so much better from them. Mcrories not done enough to be classified one our best players yet imo.defo could be tho if he finds that form from his first 5 games

1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Mcrories and Ferguson have been as big a passengers as anybody last 2 months. I’d say worse than most because you expect so much better from them. Mcrories not done enough to be classified one our best players yet imo.defo could be tho if he finds that form from his first 5 games

Yeah, mcrorie has turned in to the player I thought he was at the rangers. 

10 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

If Brown signs surely no room for Campbell unless Ferguson is sold?

I reckon Declan Gallagher and the thumb