Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Taken Aberdeen as far as he can.

Will take job if offered it.

Every man has a price.

Losing players to Northampton & MK Dons.

WATP

FTP

No surrender

Etc

Boyd really hates aberdeen. What a filthy hun prick he is.

The bbc are even worse for allowing and encouraging him an other to drag this shite out for 5 weeks. The level of disrespect shown is quite shocking, so agenda driven its quite incredible.

Sadly our club including the manager arent he type to use this situation and fight back. Its sad really, this is such an opportunity for the club to create that siege mentality, open up on all the lickspittle pricks like Keith Jackson, Kris Boyd at all and really take this on head first.

Wont happen. Well quietly sit and fume and say nothing and do nothing.

• Upvote 1

Just a thought but I wonder what Dave McCormack, Dod Yule, the new chap, and other major shareholders are thinking here.

If this is what it takes to get them looking at the performance of Milne and perhaps guys like Duncan Fraser and questioning whether the lack of testicular fortitude is acceptable to them...

A move to push/buy Milne out and get some fucking spine into he boardroom would be nice.

McInnes was nae himself in the interviews before and after Sundays match. Will his head explode if he has to do the pre-matcher and match day stuff for Dens Park?

It's his post match interview on RedTV that says a lot I think. Particularly when asked about the Dundee game on Friday. Almost takes him by surprise, as if he hadn't even given it a thought...

I'm really unsure how I feel about all this. My gut feeling is that McInnes staying is the worst outcome for us, for two reasons. Firstly, I think a large section of the support won't see past this last week. Every time we play them whilst he remains manager this will be brought up, and it will continue to wind us all right up. Secondly, I think we're in serious decline on the pitch. Summer recruitment was poor. Departures of Hayes and McGinn disastrous (McInnes knew they wouldn't be here as early as February, plan to replace them totally inadequate). Perhaps someone new with fresh ideas and an open mind as to how to use these players is what we require.

It's his post match interview on RedTV that says a lot I think. Particularly when asked about the Dundee game on Friday. Almost takes him by surprise, as if he hadn't even given it a thought...

I'm really unsure how I feel about all this. My gut feeling is that McInnes staying is the worst outcome for us, for two reasons. Firstly, I think a large section of the support won't see past this last week. Every time we play them whilst he remains manager this will be brought up, and it will continue to wind us all right up. Secondly, I think we're in serious decline on the pitch. Summer recruitment was poor. Departures of Hayes and McGinn disastrous (McInnes knew they wouldn't be here as early as February, plan to replace them totally inadequate). Perhaps someone new with fresh ideas and an open mind as to how to use these players is what we require.

On the first paragraph I noticed that too.

I kind of put it down to him thinking he was going to be asked about the speculation surrounding him, but that question would never be asked on Redtv.

Second para, I now put that down to McInnes not planning on being here for the start of this season. Wasn't going to be his problem.

Too many fans sucked into media/ rfc speculation and doing what rfc want them to do - turning on own club and manager. Still no evidence he wants to leave. Mciness said he won't respond to speculation, consistent with his approach to transfer speculation. He won't respond till public offer made. Think he will reject them. If he leaves then Fair game to slag him off then.

Big reason last 5 weeks results so poor is that players are unsettled by sustained and unprecedented media speculation. No coincidence they got win day after mciness said future was with afc as they thought speculation would end. Players want stability so they can just concentrate on playing. Rfc knew they are unsettled so dragged this out as long as possible and it has worked and still working. Even afc fans are losing plot and instead of just turning anger on rfc/ media turning it on own manager which can only harm own club. Win win for media and rfc.

Most of afc success in last 3 yrs built on stability and link between manager, players and fans. If afc change manager now it will destabilise club for rest of season at least, whether mciness goes to rfc or not - it will be surest way rfc get 2nd as they want afc unstable like last 20 yrs before mciness.

Personally, think if mciness doesn't go to rfc would give him Jan transfer window at least to have another go at sorting out squad.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Most folk that post on here are fucking clueless, OK that's a given. Say one thing one day and another totally contradictory the next and all of it nonsense.

There are a few however, that I had suspected to actually have a clue about what was really going on in and around the club. I had the wrong impression. I've not seen a single post today from anyone, on this thread at least, that has the slightest idea of what is really going on at Aberdeen or at sevco for that matter. Not a fucking clue.

Fucking embarrassing.

Totally agree the shit that's been posted on the is embarrassing. I cant believe how quickly some so called Aberdeen fans can turn against the players that so many stated as the best Transfer window in years. The Mongs all now appear saying they never liked DMC from the start. sevco has worked you all well........I'm embarrassed for you

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The feeling of negativity goes back to Aberdeen 0 celtic 3. We were outclassed and I think a lot of players lost confidence that night. The two performances against rangers have been hard viewing.

Football is a fickle business, win on Friday and we will all be feeling much better. We will know we are in decline if we can't put our usual 5 or more past Dundee

I think a lot of the disdain / frustration has been compounded by the speculation but the frustration and questioning of DMC is down to a culmination of last season and this seasons failings namely:

Start of last season trying to figure out best team then reverting to status quo.

Failure to turn up to 2 finals last season.

Question marks on key positions last season at LB and CM.

This season he failed to address these positions again and replacements for key players leaving have not worked out.

Still trying to find his best team .

Still not turning up to big games (League Cup, Huns, Celtic at home).

In addition no progress in Europe.

The issues with the starting 11 seem glaringly obvious and he hasn't fixed this in 2 seasons.

The above plus his inability to say unequivocally that he doesn't want the rangers job, quite rightly is pissing off many fans.

So it's nonsense from some posters to say Rfc have been able to turn fans against DMc etc. Utter shite. Eyes are wide open and most can see this might be a crap season and a better team should be on the park with the money spent.

• Upvote 1

The feeling of negativity goes back to Aberdeen 0 celtic 3. We were outclassed and I think a lot of players lost confidence that night. The two performances against rangers have been hard viewing.

Football is a fickle business, win on Friday and we will all be feeling much better. We will know we are in decline if we can't put our usual 5 or more past Dundee

Yes, good point, that Celtic game was a joke of a performance, on a par with the League Cup Final last season. Fans won't turn up to watch shite like that.

The away Sevco and Mothewell games were embarressing, complete brain fart formations that got the results they deserved

Too many fans sucked into media/ rfc speculation and doing what rfc want them to do - turning on own club and manager. Still no evidence he wants to leave. Mciness said he won't respond to speculation, consistent with his approach to transfer speculation. He won't respond till public offer made. Think he will reject them. If he leaves then Fair game to slag him off then.

Big reason last 5 weeks results so poor is that players are unsettled by sustained and unprecedented media speculation. No coincidence they got win day after mciness said future was with afc as they thought speculation would end. Players want stability so they can just concentrate on playing. Rfc knew they are unsettled so dragged this out as long as possible and it has worked and still working. Even afc fans are losing plot and instead of just turning anger on rfc/ media turning it on own manager which can only harm own club. Win win for media and rfc.

Most of afc success in last 3 yrs built on stability and link between manager, players and fans. If afc change manager now it will destabilise club for rest of season at least, whether mciness goes to rfc or not - it will be surest way rfc get 2nd as they want afc unstable like last 20 yrs before mciness.

Personally, think if mciness doesn't go to rfc would give him Jan transfer window at least to have another go at sorting out squad.

If we finish 4th, capitulating every big game you’ll have the team you deserve. Any dons fan who’s willing to put up with this absolute farce that has played out the last 6/7 weeks does aswell. McInnes has turned the whole club into a fucking circus. Anyone still backing him needs a medical.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If he's not gone by Wednesday evening this whole thing is a mess. Proper frustrating. It's fucked with all of us big time. Would be exciting to see a new face in by Friday.

Regardless if McInnes stays or goes really hoping Dave Cormack makes an appearance in next day or so and come out guns blazing like he did with Sunderland rumours and gets the siege mentality going by telling media what a bunch of c***s they have been last few weeks before banning them from Pittodrie and announcing a few more millions being invested by his Yankee contacts. A few choice words for Sevco wouldn't go amiss but fear is our esteemed ex wig wearing Chairman will roll over and accept compensation quietly.

Great post. A lot of our fans have been sucked right in by the sevco propaganda machine and have turned on the manager and the club, most too stupid to realise theyve been played like a fiddle.
  • Downvote 1

If we finish 4th, capitulating every big game youll have the team you deserve. Any dons fan whos willing to put up with this absolute farce that has played out the last 6/7 weeks does aswell. McInnes has turned the whole club into a fucking circus. Anyone still backing him needs a medical.

No, sevco and their media buddies have created the fucking circus.

If McInnes goes we will be back to top 6 trophies and crowds of 8/9k, absolutely guaranteed.