Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Wound up?

I'm euphoric

Also means I can get to know Jack Ross more and hopefully by association , Langfield

Remind me what's so good about McInnes that it induces euphoria within you?

Were you a Langfield fan?

There is only one good thing that has come from this. That the huns got told to fuck off.

• Upvote 1

Hun media in meltdown yet?

Very much so... as expected

Some of my personal favourites

"Are you asking why not being able to attract a former Rangers player and Rangers fan from a smaller club like Aberdeen is an embarrassment? It's a complete fucking rid neck. A signifier of how low we've sunk. We're a tin pot club with a big history; nothing more. Shut the doors before Alex McLeish or Billy Davies are paraded"

"Regardless of whether we wanted him or not.

The fucking Aberdeen manager just turned us down. Even worse than that he's a Rangers man.

Shambles."

"We're a club that's too big for McInnes."

:hysterical:

They really do still think that everyone should respect the "Rangers"... what a fucking shambles of a club.

For one, the fact big players cite him as the reason they are here

For two, he looks good. Thus I think Is important both in recruitment and in media work

He represents our club after all

Langfield?

Let's put it like this then.

Let's assume you may be right. It doesn't change the here and now which is that derek mcinnes remains the aberdeen manager and is contracted to Aberdeen until 2020.

No good can come out of fans being hostile towards the manager based on suspicions.

Now you might be worried that we will go on a downward spiral and results will suffer.

But if that is the case and results get that bad, he will eventually get the dunt and you will get your wish.

But there is no point in being hostile to our manager just now. Heed Dave McCormacks words and back he manager and move on.

here lies the problem.

the way things are going,i don't see the chink of light that's things will improve,there has been no hard luck stories of hitting posts,crossbars,goals chopped off,just pish poor football.if things continue Chinese whispers will become more than that,and maybe further down the line he will get his just rewards

what has happened today has papered over the obvious,the outcome masking whats being served up on the park,the sideshow of 5/6 weeks coming to some euphoria tonight,it was stated that saints apart,its been grim

sorry,maybe im looking at the bigger picture

• Upvote 1

This line from the Huns official statement made me chuckle..

" it would be best for him [McInnes] to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk."

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

More from you know where?

Be interesting to hear the official story on this. My money is on the Sheep remaining adamant they wont give us permission to speak - rather than McInnes rejecting an offer hes yet to receive.

Wont stop others jumping in to condemn the Board just the same.

Im not convinced this isnt Abergreen trying to up the Compo, why would a Rangers man turn down the biggest job hes ever going to get without talking to the Club.

Derek is at home waiting on news. He hasn't turned anything down. Clubs clearly at an impasse.

Very relieved that a rabid tim like Docherty won't be our assistant manager tbh. Couldn't really give a fùck one way or the other about McInnes either tbh.

Hun statement :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

THERE has been a great deal of media speculation regarding the appointment of a new manager. We assure all supporters that they will be the first to know when we are certain we have someone with the correct qualities required by our club.

The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

The position of Rangers manager requires an ability to win football matches and the mentality to cope with the demanding off-pitch environment that goes with being the Rangers manager. This is a critical aspect of our assessment of any candidate during the interview process.

After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined. We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.

In the meantime, we have great confidence in Graeme Murty, who will continue as interim manager at least until the end of the year. The manner in which he has approached this task is a credit to himself and the club.