Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

They call us the sheep. Never has a nickname seemed more apt. NEVER let your reality be defined by the mainstream media. Remember Jim Spence got threatened and hounded out for speaking truth.

NEVER LET YOUR REALITY BE DEFINED BY THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA.

Wasn't me believing the mainstream media, was more me looking back on the history of Scottish football and the fact that this outcome is almost unprecedented.

Onwards and upwards.

Whoever Sevco approach now will know that they weren't their first choice.

It'll only get harder from here on for their board to try and appease their fanbase.

Derek, the team, the entire club, and the fans need nothing less than a convincing win v Dundee to build on today's news and fast-track us back in the right direction.

Rangers statement. - with subtitles

Rangers - Derek weve thought long and hard about this you are the best candidate for the job would you like to talk about it

Derek - er, no

Rangers - really good choice we agree with you

Rangers to Murty - we decided we want you as

weve thought long and hard about this you are the best candidate for the job apart from those that dont have a job and we think are useless and those we thought about for ages but we will get someone else in a few weeks maybe

Would be fucking hilarious of McInnes came out tomorrow and announced hes joining the huns.

Cunning plan to finally sink wiggy!

I dont bear McInnes any grudge over this really, but I also couldnt really give a fuck anymore if he goes or stays, or leaves at the end of the season or whatever.

Im ambivalent.

Have you had a chance to read the rangers statement?

no way derek is going there now!

Its all Dels fault you know?? From follow x2. You couldnt mark their brass necks with a blowtorch!! Aye a fuckin big huge blowtorch ken?

BobbyShearer said:

Lets not forget McInnes could have ruled himself out the weekend Caixinha left FFS

He did not.

You know what my dad said that to me and I presumed he was all for it.What changed his mind?Its quoted a family issue.I dont believe that for a second.Glad The never came but wonder what changed.Watch dolly lose the plot if they keep losing.Cant wait.

Anyone who still has doubts or suspicions should read Dave Cormacks comments on the matter. See below

DEREK McINNES decision to stay at Aberdeen leaked out on social media late afternoon.

Dave Cormack got the message by text almost 48 hours earlier.

McInnes has committed to Aberdeen and Cormack knew earlier than most that it was good news for his club

When the Aberdeen directors phone buzzed at midnight on Tuesday, it convinced him his manager was staying.

The Dons might have lost two on-field battles with Rangers in the last nine days but theyve won the war over their manager.

And US-based Cormack back in the Granite City on club business this week believes that the Red Army should celebrate.

He told SunSport: Derek texted me on Tuesday night at midnight and said he loved Aberdeen, he loved managing the team and he loved what we have created. We were 100 per cent convinced he wanted to stay here and we were always confident that would be the case.

Stewart Milne and Dave Cormack have held on to their gaffer

Derek is still with us and hes with us for all the right reasons. We rejoice and we welcome the game at Dens Park on Friday night. We also welcome Dereks decision.

Im sure there will be a big increase in the expected crowd at Dens now!

We have a lot going for us at Aberdeen and we have to focus going forward on us. Friday should be a celebration of business as usual.

Gers six-week pursuit of McInnes finally came to a head with an official approach to the club on Tuesday.

Dons chairman Stewart Milne rejected the approach but granted McInnes time to consider his options.

The gaffer missed two days of training ahead of the crucial Premiership clash with Dundee at Dens.

But Cormack insists giving him the time and space to make the biggest call of his career has proved to be the correct decision.

He said: This has been unprecedented in Scottish football history six weeks to the day of unrelenting pressure on Derek in particular and on the club.

The Dons boss was Kings No 1 target for the Ibrox job

We felt we had taken care of it a couple of weeks ago when Derek made his initial statement. But after we won at Kilmarnock, it all started up again.

We wanted to give him room to breathe when Rangers made the approach.

We gave him 48 hours or so as we wanted the guy to make the right decision.

He was bombarded from Glasgow by pals and former team-mates but he has made a considered decision.

In reality, this is a real indication that Derek is a very thoughtful man.

This has gone on and on. But its not about another club its about Aberdeen as far as we are concerned.

We decided to bring it to a head this week and we did it on our terms. Its not a case of one-upmanship on Rangers or any other team that comes in for Derek.

Its important we focus on Aberdeen and what is right for us. We go about our own business quietly and effectively.

After six weeks, the chairman decided to bring this to a head this week.

Derek has had time to think about the approach and he is obviously happy to stay. And we are delighted Derek is staying.

The relationship with Stewart and Derek has been absolutely pivotal. We should be thankful to Stewart for managing this process with the end result that we still have Derek as our manager.

Stewart Milne rejected Rangers approach to talk to Del on Tuesday

We are in a stronger position than we were six weeks ago. What doesnt kill you, makes you stronger.

Its now time to move on, get behind the team and get behind the manager.

We have a great team, a great manager and a great financial position.

The Dons lost twice to Graeme Murtys Gers amid constant speculation over McInnes future.

Aberdeens players looked visibly unsettled by the prospect of losing a gaffer who led them to two cup finals last season and three consecutive runners-up spots in the Premiership.

McInnes had already knocked back the chance to move to Sunderland in the summer.

He had also been linked with the Scotland job and the vacancy at former club West Brom.

Murty has been in caretaker charge since Caixinha was axed six weeks ago

Cormack added: We have been through a lot here in the last period of time. But Derek is a very determined and ambitious man and he thinks genuinely he has unfinished business at Aberdeen.

When we get approached by a big club asking for permission to speak to our manager it is flattering, whether that club is Sunderland or Rangers or whoever. We dont need anyones money for

Derek. We dont want anyones money for him either.

We are in a very strong position, we have a fantastic fanbase which has seen attendances increase by 15 per cent this year.

Our aim as a club is to be on a level playing field so we can try and close the gap to Rangers and Celtic. We have our own ambitions.

We have a new training ground and campus ahead of us here. Financially, we have no debt and there is stability at this club.

In an odd twist, Cormack was in the company of Sir Alex Ferguson a week ago the last man to reject Gers to stay with Aberdeen.

Fergie ended that season by winning the Scottish Cup before finally leaving Pittodrie for a big job down south.

Cormack knows McInnes may one day head away from Pittodrie. For now, though, he believes Dons fans have got the message they all wanted.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for your approval like.

I'm off to find that post you made the other day along the lines of you " find football chat really boring and they should keep it on the gay lords forum".

What was the last game you were at seeing as you are such a good Aberdeen fan than you can criticise me?

Have to agree with manboobs here, celtic winning 10 in a row is a weird thing for an Aberdeen fan to gloat about...

I'm probably being a bit slow but if we rejected rangers on Tuesday then what's been going on since Tuesday? Has mcinnes spoke to rangers? It's all a bit weird.

Officially no. He was just "talking it over with his family". As if he didn't do that at some point over the past 6 weeks.

Unofficially of course he fucking spoke to them, confirmed that they're a basket case and said nit.

Either way, fuck the huns.

Haha...from Wikipedia,

Jim Traynor
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

James Traynor (born 27 September 1953) is a Scottish former sports journalist and the former Director of Communications at Rangers F.C.

In December 2017, Traynor temporarily lost his mind and used the word "concomitant", completely neglecting the fact that around 90% of the Rangers fan base thought that was the list of 10 things God told Moses about

Which is the main reason our fans calling him a hun STILL is fucking bonkers

ive just about finished eating my humble pie. head over heart from mc innes,didnt see it coming the same for many. deserves strong backing and hopefully milne will find something in the kitty for the jan window.

would like to see fans withholding cash at season ticket time until the SFA are dealt with or this sort of thing will continue to happen, unless the zombies die of course.what a slap in the face for poor sevco. delighted.

I'm probably being a bit slow but if we rejected rangers on Tuesday then what's been going on since Tuesday? Has mcinnes spoke to rangers? It's all a bit weird.

My reading of the piece is that Derek phoned Milne and McCormack on Tuesday night to say how much he really liked Aberdeen and his job. At that point they realised if they gave Derek the time and space to do his own thinking he would come to the right decision. (Totally at odds with the high pressure tactics of rangers)

Say what you want but the man management of our board has been above reproach and excellent and when viewed against the tactics of rangers no wonder he stayed

Rangers thought they could get him by pulling on his heart strings of the boys in blue and believed their own propaganda. Derek is a professional what motivates professional is the respect of people atound thm .

• Upvote 13