Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

My reading of the piece is that Derek phoned Milne and McCormack on Tuesday night to say how much he really liked Aberdeen and his job. At that point they realised if they gave Derek the time and space to do his own thinking he would come to the right decision. (Totally at odds with the high pressure tactics of rangers)

Say what you want but the man management of our board has been above reproach and excellent and when viewed against the tactics of rangers no wonder he stayed

Rangers thought they could get him by pulling on his heart strings of the boys in blue and believed their own propaganda. Derek is a professional what motivates professional is the respect of people atound thm .

Yeah I think the club have handled it well.

It was pathetic. We should be aiming to stop them winning 8, 9 or 10 in a row.

Never gonna happen under McInnes. Like ever. But the happy clappers and the board think he’s a messiah.

Interesting reading the excuses and blaming Derek for having shat it when it comes to moving to big clubs as he now has a history of it.

To me the easy decision would have been to go to either Sunderland or rangers. Thats the expected thing for him to do

The brave decision the one that shows big balls is to do the exact opposite to what everyone thinks and expects.

• Upvote 3

What with 1200 of them viewing as guests. Really?

So, what's the difference between that and all the other anti-govan content that was being posted?

It was a joke.

I think the other content is normally aimed directly at rangers, I don't think anyone supports celtic here, I hate that we are seen as hating rangers more because personally I hate them both the same. Much like when rangers dominated for years I find this dominance by celtic sickening to bear. Sooner we beat them the better, roll on the 23rd December.

• Upvote 1

Interesting reading the excuses and blaming Derek for having shat it when it comes to moving to big clubs as he now has a history of it.

To me the easy decision would have been to go to either Sunderland or rangers. Thats the expected thing for him to do

The brave decision the one that shows big balls is to do the exact opposite to what everyone thinks and expects.

Whilst I agree I feel he's backed into a corner next time a job comes up and he will probably have to take the role. Of course he has been proved correct with Sunderland but he's not going to find clubs like Aberdeen that let him have the full control he obviously enjoys plus be well run and have resources, teams with vacancies tend to be shambolic clubs like rangers and sunderland for a reason.

If McInnes ever has any second thoughts about whether he should have gone to Sevco, I suggest he keeps a copy of their 'statement' in his bedside drawer. The choice between an arrogant, bitter and immoral employer and one that has humility, understanding and integrity is night and day. This, plus the sideshow that goes with working for such a horrible club, and the consequences for his family, were likely the main factors in coming to his decision. You can doubt his managerial ability at times, but he has to be applauded for resisting the immense pressure he was under to take the job.

• Upvote 7

If McInnes ever has any second thoughts about whether he should have gone to Sevco, I suggest he keeps a copy of their 'statement' in his bedside drawer. The choice between an arrogant, bitter and immoral employer and one that has humility, understanding and integrity is night and day. This, plus the sideshow that goes with working for such a horrible club, and the consequences for his family, were likely the main factors in coming to his decision. You can doubt his managerial ability at times, but he has to be applauded for resisting the immense pressure he was under to take the job.

Very good point that DM emphasised his decision making in line with his family

• Upvote 1

StandFree1982, on 08 Dec 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

Hopefully Milne has promised McInnes cash in january to a) Punt a few of the shite and b) bring in a decent CB and Midfielder.

I'm sure at some point in the last few days Milne will have promised to get McGinn back for him in January. Hopefully Louis Moult as well but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Hopefully Milne has promised McInnes cash in january to a) Punt a few of the shite and b) bring in a decent CB and Midfielder.

I hope so as well. However most of the shite are players that McInnes has signed himself.

We need a new CM pairing and a winger I think. Doubt we'll get all that in January though.