Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Losing 4 times to both Celtic & Huns will see us finishing fourth in the league this season.

Hibs games against the old firm are starting to look all the more crucial even though some are arguing that they aren't & that our consistency against the rest is what has mattered.

We could end the season with 50/50 v Hibs & 0/100 v Huns at worst & I would not confidently try to say we will not either.

• Downvote 2

Losing 4 times to both Celtic & Huns will see us finishing fourth in the league this season.

Hibs games against the old firm are starting to look all the more crucial even though some are arguing that they aren't & that our consistency against the rest is what has mattered.

We could end the season with 50/50 v Hibs & 0/100 v Huns at worst & I would not confidently try to say we will not either.

I didn't even read this but please post a bit less. You put on so much it's boring.

• Downvote 1

Had a think about it and he just doesn't seem to have the enthusiasm he has had in years gone by. Something just seems down with him. Commenting about the fans being too downbeat was a big sign he's not 100% happy.

The strange thing is that he had the chance to really kick on and build a 'fuck you' spirit against the media/weegies/everyone in Scotland, when he rejected the huns. It seems it's somehow had a negative affect on the team.

I think he will go in summer. He would need to beat Celtic or Rangers at least once and get to a Scottish Cup final for it to be a successful season and I think a lot of fans will turn if we get humped in the rest of the big games.

Saying all this I'm hoping he surprises everyone and pulls out a big result. He needs it.

Had a think about it and he just doesn't seem to have the enthusiasm he has had in years gone by. Something just seems down with him. Commenting about the fans being too downbeat was a big sign he's not 100% happy.

The strange thing is that he had the chance to really kick on and build a 'fuck you' spirit against the media/weegies/everyone in Scotland, when he rejected the huns. It seems it's somehow had a negative affect on the team.

I think he will go in summer. He would need to beat Celtic or Rangers at least once and get to a Scottish Cup final for it to be a successful season and I think a lot of fans will turn if we get humped in the rest of the big games.

Saying all this I'm hoping he surprises everyone and pulls out a big result. He needs it.

I hope so....but Kilmarnock now seems like a big game..an we all know what happens in them!

You're right he just doesn't seem to have the same energy and desire that kind of always shone through whenever you saw him interviewed. He has been here 5 years now and that's a long time in this era. He just seems frustrated even his comments on Stevie May where he felt he could have played last week but he couldn't get him onto grass for long enough to adequately prepare him for me hinted at a man not fully happy with his lot.

He definitely needs a big win and I think deep down he knows it as his poor record vs the ugly sisters is now more of a public debating issue rather than just one discussed by AFC fans. He knows he has a big rebuilding job to do in the summer as when McLean leaves we'll be left with basically no natural centre midfield players (assuming O'Connor and Tansey both leave as well which seems very likely both are not good enough and luckily it seems both want out anyway). I think Logan now looks a bit stale and Considine just needs replacing at LB it's so obvious. I wouldn't imagine Christie, Ball and Stewart will be here next season either. Hopefully Devlin will prosper alongside McKenna at CB.

Does McInnes have the stomach to rebuild again? I'm not totally sure but if he does I think he deserves the chance to do it and there is no doubt he will be given that chance that goes without saying. It's whether he truly wants to. If he does he needs to get in midfield players of the ilk of Flood and Robson when he signed them. The team as it is at the moment is what I'd call a good on top team. Fine when things are going their way but under pressure they crumble a bit too easily and have a definite soft centre both physically and mentally.

You're right he just doesn't seem to have the same energy and desire that kind of always shone through whenever you saw him interviewed. He has been here 5 years now and that's a long time in this era. He just seems frustrated even his comments on Stevie May where he felt he could have played last week but he couldn't get him onto grass for long enough to adequately prepare him for me hinted at a man not fully happy with his lot.

He definitely needs a big win and I think deep down he knows it as his poor record vs the ugly sisters is now more of a public debating issue rather than just one discussed by AFC fans. He knows he has a big rebuilding job to do in the summer as when McLean leaves we'll be left with basically no natural centre midfield players (assuming O'Connor and Tansey both leave as well which seems very likely both are not good enough and luckily it seems both want out anyway). I think Logan now looks a bit stale and Considine just needs replacing at LB it's so obvious. I wouldn't imagine Christie, Ball and Stewart will be here next season either. Hopefully Devlin will prosper alongside McKenna at CB.

Does McInnes have the stomach to rebuild again? I'm not totally sure but if he does I think he deserves the chance to do it and there is no doubt he will be given that chance that goes without saying. It's whether he truly wants to. If he does he needs to get in midfield players of the ilk of Flood and Robson when he signed them. The team as it is at the moment is what I'd call a good on top team. Fine when things are going their way but under pressure they crumble a bit too easily and have a definite soft centre both physically and mentally.

Thats a pretty good analysis of where we are at the moment and quite worrying for next season . Does DM see it ?? This is the question . Recent transfer windows he has failed to address the problems we have a LB and CM

Are we a better side than the one in his first season? I'm not convinced. We were full of pace and very attacking minded. McGinn, Pawlett and Hayes behind Vernon/Rooney caused teams plenty of problems. Robson and Flood who done the dirty work and got us on the front foot. We had the same full backs (second half of the season) and a better centre half partnership. Worse keeper.

We seem to have regressed into a totally weak side both physically and mentally.

• Upvote 1

Are we a better side than the one in his first season? I'm not convinced. We were full of pace and very attacking minded. McGinn, Pawlett and Hayes behind Vernon/Rooney caused teams plenty of problems. Robson and Flood who done the dirty work and got us on the front foot. We had the same full backs (second half of the season) and a better centre half partnership. Worse keeper.

We seem to have regressed into a totally weak side both physically and mentally.

We were definitely more physically robust in that first season under McInnes. I would say we have more attacking options now (tthough we miss what Hayes brought us) and we have by far a better GK. But we are definitely physically weaker at CH and CM although when Shinnie, McLean and Christie are on their game we can be more fluent in that area. There were more natural leaders in that team (Anderson, Flood & Robson).

All managers have a shelf life these days. Coming up 5 years McIness has been with us and I think the hunger has gone from him slightly. I know we had to rebuild after loading so many players but seems to be not the same excitement around as maybe the previous few seasons. Might be a lot to do with Celtic being a different animal under Rodgers

All managers have a shelf life these days. Coming up 5 years McIness has been with us and I think the hunger has gone from him slightly. I know we had to rebuild after loading so many players but seems to be not the same excitement around as maybe the previous few seasons. Might be a lot to do with Celtic being a different animal under Rodgers

When you mention excitement we need to remember this is just a job for him, as it is for most managers, very few manage the team they supported growing up. They are not the same as us fans who live and die our club. That's not to say he doesn't work hard when here and try to do his very best, but that's more to do with furthering his career than any inherent desire to win trophies for AFC. Nothing wrong with that attitude I would add as how many of us really truly care about the company we work for as opposed to working hard to better ourselves, our family and our career?

The difficulty he faces in trying to move on is where does his career go from here that is an improvement on Aberdeen? He obviously isn't getting the Celtic job nor the Rangers one (in the near term anyway). Hibs and Hearts would be a sideways move so to better himself he has to leave Scotland. However what would be the attraction to a Championship club? A bunch of them are foreign owned and are only interested in appointing a foreign manager, others only pick from the same conveyor belt of Pullis, Warnock, Holloway etc.

For those that maybe try something different what does McInnes bring to them? Not an ability to bring through youngsters. Not an ability to tactically outthink an opposing manager. Not an ability to change a game when things are going badly. Not an ability to find a real gem that nobody else sees. Not an ability to win more than a fair share of games against similar level teams.

Where he has excelled in the 5 years is the ability to consistently take 3 points from poorer teams where we have been as good as Celtic and better than anyone else. But to take that "ability" to the Championship he needs to be manager of a top 6 team and for reasons already noted difficult to see him being appointed to one of those.

So the way I see it to progress his career he either needs to accept going to League 1 and trying to get promoted to Championship and then earn a better move or he has to deliver results at Aberdeen that are beyond what we should be normally capable of e.g. winning cups, progressing further in Europe, winning a bigger share of the tough games etc. Nothing I would like more than him earning a move on the back of unexpected success at Aberdeen but struggling to see any evidence of that happening at the moment. I think the fact that he has probably missed the window as to when he was looking at his best to an English club is behind a lot of the current frustration. If sevco weren't a complete basket case he would have gone there for sure.

Under normal circumstances I might expect him to look for an exit route in the next 12 months or so as I do agree he is nearing the end of his shelf life (Milne will never sack him so it will be 100% Derek's decision as to when he leaves). However I do wonder if the one thing that will keep him here longer is the new training facilities and stadium project, which he seems very involved in?

When you mention excitement we need to remember this is just a job for him, as it is for most managers, very few manage the team they supported growing up. They are not the same as us fans who live and die our club. That's not to say he doesn't work hard when here and try to do his very best, but that's more to do with furthering his career than any inherent desire to win trophies for AFC. Nothing wrong with that attitude I would add as how many of us really truly care about the company we work for as opposed to working hard to better ourselves, our family and our career?

The difficulty he faces in trying to move on is where does his career go from here that is an improvement on Aberdeen? He obviously isn't getting the Celtic job nor the Rangers one (in the near term anyway). Hibs and Hearts would be a sideways move so to better himself he has to leave Scotland. However what would be the attraction to a Championship club? A bunch of them are foreign owned and are only interested in appointing a foreign manager, others only pick from the same conveyor belt of Pullis, Warnock, Holloway etc.

For those that maybe try something different what does McInnes bring to them? Not an ability to bring through youngsters. Not an ability to tactically outthink an opposing manager. Not an ability to change a game when things are going badly. Not an ability to find a real gem that nobody else sees. Not an ability to win more than a fair share of games against similar level teams.

Where he has excelled in the 5 years is the ability to consistently take 3 points from poorer teams where we have been as good as Celtic and better than anyone else. But to take that "ability" to the Championship he needs to be manager of a top 6 team and for reasons already noted difficult to see him being appointed to one of those.

So the way I see it to progress his career he either needs to accept going to League 1 and trying to get promoted to Championship and then earn a better move or he has to deliver results at Aberdeen that are beyond what we should be normally capable of e.g. winning cups, progressing further in Europe, winning a bigger share of the tough games etc. Nothing I would like more than him earning a move on the back of unexpected success at Aberdeen but struggling to see any evidence of that happening at the moment. I think the fact that he has probably missed the window as to when he was looking at his best to an English club is behind a lot of the current frustration. If sevco weren't a complete basket case he would have gone there for sure.

Under normal circumstances I might expect him to look for an exit route in the next 12 months or so as I do agree he is nearing the end of his shelf life (Milne will never sack him so it will be 100% Derek's decision as to when he leaves). However I do wonder if the one thing that will keep him here longer is the new training facilities and stadium project, which he seems very involved in?

I concur, though I think he will be away before stadium is up

At least he's a Dandie.

The psychologist being called Don is misleading as he's from Brora or Inverness or thereabouts and big friends with Kris Boyd and involved in his charity. Thought he was mainly involved in Youth set up rather than first team and also works for the young Huns and other non important clubs. Fine bloke and worth listening to. John Sharp retired as physio to be replaced by Tony Tromolo or whatever his name is.

The psychologist being called Don is misleading as he's from Brora or Inverness or thereabouts and big friends with Kris Boyd and involved in his charity. Thought he was mainly involved in Youth set up rather than first team and also works for the young Huns and other non important clubs. Fine bloke and worth listening to. John Sharp retired as physio to be replaced by Tony Tromolo or whatever his name is.

I was joking ffs.

Question 1) How many more goes at Europe are we going to give him if that's our big goal ?

Question 2) When McKenna eventually goes, do you give DMc the benefit of the doubt and give him the money to bolster the squad, given his somewhat ropey signings history ?

Question 3 At what point do you decide that there may be better managerial options out there to take us forward rather than stand still which is what we appear to be doing this season ?

He's just finding it a little tougher now that the competition is getting a little more challenging & more sides can give him a game.

Scottish cup is last chance saloon for Lord McInnes

Agree with your first sentence

Your second sentence is nonsense - are you suggesting that Mcinnes will be sacked if Celtic win the cup again?