Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Could you tell us Clarke results against McInnes so far?

Two 3-1 victories for us - though that argument won't see us progress past the huns or tims anytime soon - Clarke has galvanised a lacklustre side to be playing effective football - the results against him thus far are probably reasonable assessments in the gulf of class of players and not managerial competence - McInnes has not demonstrated an ability to step beyond his achievements of the first 18 months - I don't think he is a great manager - he shows very little imagination and defaults to defend when given an opportunity by score (we are winning/dominating) or situation (playing the ugly sisters). He is our best manager in ages - the bar was set embarrassingly low.

There are better managers out there - McInnes to me, and you are welcome to your perceptions, plays favourites out of form, and keeps playing formulas that have failed because he can't imagine anything better. Too often we rely on other teams weakness rather than our strength - when the other team doesn't make silly mistakes we can struggle. Many players clearly like him though - he must be good to have around.

All my opinion of course - I'd welcome your assessment of his pros and cons.

• Upvote 2

Two 3-1 victories for us - though that argument won't see us progress past the huns or tims anytime soon - Clarke has galvanised a lacklustre side to be playing effective football - the results against him thus far are probably reasonable assessments in the gulf of class of players and not managerial competence - McInnes has not demonstrated an ability to step beyond his achievements of the first 18 months - I don't think he is a great manager - he shows very little imagination and defaults to defend when given an opportunity by score (we are winning/dominating) or situation (playing the ugly sisters). He is our best manager in ages - the bar was set embarrassingly low.

There are better managers out there - McInnes to me, and you are welcome to your perceptions, plays favourites out of form, and keeps playing formulas that have failed because he can't imagine anything better. Too often we rely on other teams weakness rather than our strength - when the other team doesn't make silly mistakes we can struggle. Many players clearly like him though - he must be good to have around.

All my opinion of course - I'd welcome your assessment of his pros and cons.

Calderwood got slaughtered for this

• Upvote 1

You could say that about any manager ever. The mad thing about Calderwood was he had a different formation every week, players out of position and of a lesser quality. It's no coincidence that we use the expression "Jimmy Calderwood's Formation Tombola" or that other teams' fans have adopted it too. He was fucking notorious.

McInnes pretty much sticks to 4-2-3-1, then tried to use 3 at the back type formations that were in fashion in the EPL this last year or so, because they worked for teams he saw on Sky TV. But not for us, annoyingly.

He can't please everyone though, fans and results in Glasgow alike been nagging at him to change things up. He still has no decent plan B.

I saw an interview with Mourinho or someone who said it's not about formations, it's about changing types of players during a game; defenders for attackers and vice versa to counter the opposition or catch them out. What was telling about yesterday was as United swapped attackers into the game, we only made one key sub, GMS off, Ball on, to stem the flow. And we won the game, so you could say the substitution worked. If he'd taken our frontmen off like for like and United had scored a third or even fourth, we'd have looked very silly indeed.

What we wanted as fans were a few key players rested, or the likes of Rooney taken off sooner, for players who have had less game time. Maynard coming on in the last minute was purely to slow the game down before the inevitable mad five minutes of stoppage time.

Chidi could have made another appearance, for Shinnie who was on a yellow. Didn't happen, feels like a wasted opportunity, oh well, we still won.

think you will find it is only McInnes related I am negative to. He's a massive fraud. You lot are just under his dome

If I could be arsed producing stats, bar charts or a fucking powerpoint presentation on why he's the best manager this club has had for 20 years to send your statement rocketing into the sun, I would, but I can't be arsed, so instead, while we're fantasising, can you pretend I just spat my beer out, put my pint down and started gesturing like an Italian at you in an imaginary pub, whilst stating:

What

The

Fuck???

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If I could be arsed producing stats, bar charts or a fucking powerpoint presentation on why he's the best manager this club has had for 20 years to send your statement rocketing into the sun, I would, but I can't be arsed, so instead, while we're fantasising, can you pretend I just spat my beer out, put my pint down and started gesturing like an Italian at you in an imaginary pub, whilst stating:

What

The

Fuck???

All that would prove is that we have had nothing but shit managers for the last twenty years & he has been a slight improvement on them.

With aid of circumstances obviously

• Downvote 2

All that would prove is that we have had nothing but shit managers for the last twenty years & he has been a slight improvement on them.

If you average out the win rates of the managers the last 20 years before McInnes, he's more than double their average........slight improvement right enough

Jesus, you speak some amount of shite.

First it was "We're only winning games because the opposition is worse than us". You then said that we're only successful because of consistency!

Now it's "McInnes is only looking like a decent manager at Pittodrie because the managers before him were worse than him"

let's look at it the OTHER way, or the non twisted, bitter and trolling way that you're expressing:

We're the second best team in the country because we are significantly better than everyone else outside Celtic. This is fact. The quality of the opposition has increased year on year and we've managed to fend them all off. We're only 3 points worse off than last year, and that's with a weaker Rangers and no Hibs. Even if the opposition got worse, why is that? Surely we'll have gotten worse too? And yet, here we are still better than the rest (bar Celtic).

McInnes has been a revelation at Pittodrie. Not just in terms of results, he has changed the culture within the club, the diets of the players, he's pushed for the club to be involved in the community, making us more visible and relevant within Aberdeen. He's taking the club into the 21st Century and has been a catalyst for us pushing for new training facilities and stadium. If you can't see much the club has improved since he's came on board then maybe it's time you followed another club.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Jesus, you speak some amount of shite.

First it was "We're only winning games because the opposition is worse than us". You then said that we're only successful because of consistency!

Now it's "McInnes is only looking like a decent manager at Pittodrie because the managers before him were worse than him"

let's look at it the OTHER way, or the non twisted, bitter and trolling way that you're expressing:

We're the second best team in the country because we are significantly better than everyone else outside Celtic. This is fact. The quality of the opposition has increased year on year and we've managed to fend them all off. We're only 3 points worse off than last year, and that's with a weaker Rangers and no Hibs. Even if the opposition got worse, why is that? Surely we'll have gotten worse too? And yet, here we are still better than the rest (bar Celtic).

McInnes has been a revelation at Pittodrie. Not just in terms of results, he has changed the culture within the club, the diets of the players, he's pushed for the club to be involved in the community, making us more visible and relevant within Aberdeen. He's taking the club into the 21st Century and has been a catalyst for us pushing for new training facilities and stadium. If you can't see much the club has improved since he's came on board then maybe it's time you followed another club.

Agree with much of your final paragraph. As for being the second best team in the country, we can only say that come the end of the season. Of our last 12 fixtures, 7 are against the teams immediately around us so still a lot to do to cement second place.

We are three points better than the Huns because they had a useless fool managing them for start of season & last.

They have clawed that back with a stand in manager & dominated us in direct opposition using him.

We have stayed ahead of Hibs by the fact they are the new side in top flight & as would be expected have dropped a few points as they are still finding their feet in top flight again. One narrow loss to us at home & a capitulation away to us have helped us stay above them but they can at least give the Huns & Tims a game unlike us.

Thankfully Hearts persisted with Cathryn as long as they did as well.

We are not CONSIDERABLY better than the Huns. They have beaten us three times this season.

• Downvote 1

So Hearts, Hibs and Rangers are all better than us because of all the excuses you allow them ? Ok then

Not what I said

What I implied was that we are only better/above them ALL because of the reasons that I gave which have helped us keep an advantage over them. That advantage being that we have not been a team in transition like the rest, other than changing a few players

Not what I said

What I implied was that we are only better/above them ALL because of the reasons that I gave which have helped us keep an advantage over them. That advantage being that we have not been a team in transition like the rest, other than changing a few players

I think you'll find we have been a team in transition. But that doesn't suit your agenda.