Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Yeah but his record/stats against 'the rest' are great.

Who can we get that's better?

You don't know what you've got until it's gone.

We beat Killie twice.

We beat Neil Lennons Hibs

Hearts cannot beat us.

We will click sometime.

Some team is going to take a real hiding from us.

We keep breaking lots of points records.

McInnes is really good in the media.

Lest we forget...

Get a grip...

Get behind the team...

and as Razor has already mentioned...

'Folk need to remember where we were a few years ago.'

"Real" and "True" fans

I'm of the opinion now that McInnes should go in summer. Not in a knee-jerk "sack him on Monday thing", just in a see out the season - which could, despite recent problems, still end very well - then go for a new challenge.

In two weeks it'll have been five years since he arrived. I think if he leaves in summer he goes with our best wishes, and we'll all (well most) acknowledge he did a good job; won a trophy, was incredibly consistent, made us Hampden regulars, gave us some great wins and bounces along the way. This season has been disappointing against the Old Firm, but previously he's taken us to Glasgow and won at Parkhead, Ibrox and Hampden. I've had a lot of fun supporting us in the past five years.

However, I think we're stagnating. It says a lot that after five years of apparent team building we've got a team full of loan signings and guys who appear to have had better days, and McKenna apart no young players commanding a place in the team.

He clearly wants a fresh challenge anyway. I think another season here damages his reputation and ability to get a top job, and us too. Tell his agent to let out word he'll be available in summer, meaning we get a decent wedge of cash for him, and let him tell the players "right, I've got nine more games plus the Scottish Cup. Let's get to Hampden again and, at the bare minimum, push Rangers all the way for second, and ideally overturn them and finish above them again."

Be a nice thought him lifting the Scottish Cup and walking out a legend. Then Steve Clarke arriving two days later to kick-start a new era.

• Upvote 1

I'm of the opinion now that McInnes should go in summer. Not in a knee-jerk "sack him on Monday thing", just in a see out the season - which could, despite recent problems, still end very well - then go for a new challenge.

In two weeks it'll have been five years since he arrived. I think if he leaves in summer he goes with our best wishes, and we'll all (well most) acknowledge he did a good job; won a trophy, was incredibly consistent, made us Hampden regulars, gave us some great wins and bounces along the way. This season has been disappointing against the Old Firm, but previously he's taken us to Glasgow and won at Parkhead, Ibrox and Hampden. I've had a lot of fun supporting us in the past five years.

However, I think we're stagnating. It says a lot that after five years of apparent team building we've got a team full of loan signings and guys who appear to have had better days, and McKenna apart no young players commanding a place in the team.

He clearly wants a fresh challenge anyway. I think another season here damages his reputation and ability to get a top job, and us too. Tell his agent to let out word he'll be available in summer, meaning we get a decent wedge of cash for him, and let him tell the players "right, I've got nine more games plus the Scottish Cup. Let's get to Hampden again and, at the bare minimum, push Rangers all the way for second, and ideally overturn them and finish above them again."

Be a nice thought him lifting the Scottish Cup and walking out a legend. Then Steve Clarke arriving two days later to kick-start a new era.

I especially agree with the last sentence

HOWEVER. Clarke will be getting not just a bigger move than McInnes but is now beyond our chairmans reach.

Wish Huns (or Sunderland) had gotten McInnes & we'd gotten Clarke when he was within our reach.

McInnes sounded strangely nervous and rattled post-match, worrying.

As absurd as this may sound but I thought he sounded very pleased with this afternoons performance.

Very much now trying to force optimism from any source.

Which I'm sorry to say is the start of a very slippery slope.

As an aside, all this talk about him speaking well.. His interview with RedTV after today's game wasn't particularly eloquent and whatever it is people thought he had that was so different to any other of the SPFL duffers has well and truly worn off.

The protective celophane he's been wrapped in for so long has lost its sheen.

Please walk.

This.

Everyone has a shelf life. McInnes has reached his i fear. Time for a change, whether or not it'll be for the better remains to be seen.

As an aside, all this talk about him speaking well.. His interview with RedTV after today's game wasn't particularly eloquent and whatever it is people thought he had that was so different to any other of the SPFL duffers has well and truly worn off.

The protective celophane he's been wrapped in for so long has lost its sheen.

Please walk.

He’ll never walk. Bread buttered. More’s the pity, fucking pig. Scrapheap for him 1 1/2 years from now.

The beginning of the end has been upon us for some time, probably since the Hun speculation which destabilised the club from top to bottom. Amusing as it was to laugh at the Sevco at that time, Milne and co should probably have grown a pair and told him to fuck off there and then. That’s what a BIG club would have done, but of course we’re just poor wee Aberdeen, oh please don’t hurt me sire, not the whip, not the whip sirrah, I promise I’ll be a good boy this time, please let me drink from the loving cup sirrah, please sir oh please...

#ffs