Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

It's a fairly obvious thing to say.. but the longer we stick with this dud, the harder it'll be for any new management team coming in. Things aren't going to improve anytime soon, regardless of beating Killie.

I think other managers could definitely utilise the squad we currently have much more efficiently than McInnes does. But if this sorry; shitshow continues, players already low on confidence are just gonna end up jaded. Whoever inherits them has a job on his hands.

It's very easy to say that but how many appointments were total joke ones at the time?

And then in comparison to other teams joke ones?

Calderwood made sense at the time of appointment

So did Paterson

Skovdahl was a high pedigree

Brown and mcghee were doing brilliantly at the time too

This stuff about the board making daft appointments is a fallacy

This.

At the time each one looked ok and when things turned out differently the board acted decisively some might even say ruthlessly with a couple. Probably a bit more due diligence with Pele might have flagged up the alcohol issue which am sure can't have been the best kept secret in the world.

Overall none were caixania (sp) type odd ball appointments doomed to failure.

This.

At the time each one looked ok and when things turned out differently the board acted decisively some might even say ruthlessly with a couple. Probably a bit more due diligence with Pele might have flagged up the alcohol issue which am sure can't have been the best kept secret in the world.

Overall none were caixania (sp) type odd ball appointments doomed to failure.

I also agree, which is what worries me about the rush to fawn over Clarke. His record before Kilmarnock at WBA and Reading was very underwhelming and was sacked by both. He obviously has done very well so far at Killie but it's only half a season FFS. If he's still there, lets see how he is doing this time next year, let's see how good he is in bringing in his own players if he loses the likes of Jones in the Summer.

Anyway all of this is irrelevant because no way that Milne will sack McInnes regardless of the result tomorrow.

It's very easy to say that but how many appointments were total joke ones at the time?

And then in comparison to other teams joke ones?

Calderwood made sense at the time of appointment

So did Paterson

Skovdahl was a high pedigree

Brown and mcghee were doing brilliantly at the time too

This stuff about the board making daft appointments is a fallacy

I agree with the above with the exception of Paterson, I worked with a grade 1 linesman and he told me the minute we got Pele that he'd be front page of the papers soon.

Apparently everyone in the game knew that he had major demons.

Ebbe was absolutely fucking shite. Should have been sacked after opening game v celtic. I don't know if it's on a horror channel somewhere but it was disgraceful and set the tone for an appalling tenure.

Intersstingly, we interviewed four people for the job.

Skovdahl, Tommy Burns, Mark McGhee and, one that is often forgotten, Ossie Ardiles.

Ardiles says he turned it down as he'd accepted another job, though I'm not sure he was ever actually offered it. We now know McGhee would have been shite.

Burns maybe would have done a good job, but Skovdahl's record at the time trumped his. He had won league titles and cups - Burns, even as manager of Celtic, had only won one trophy. Funnily enough, Burns record at Celtic was very similar to McInnes at Aberdeen - had them challenging and consistent but their record in big games were poor.

We appointed the best option of the four. I don't think the board can be blamed for that. You can't guarantee every appointment will be a success.

• Upvote 1

I also agree, which is what worries me about the rush to fawn over Clarke. His record before Kilmarnock at WBA and Reading was very underwhelming and was sacked by both. He obviously has done very well so far at Killie but it's only half a season FFS. If he's still there, lets see how he is doing this time next year, let's see how good he is in bringing in his own players if he loses the likes of Jones in the Summer.

Anyway all of this is irrelevant because no way that Milne will sack McInnes regardless of the result tomorrow.

The same people wanking over Clarke will be the ones who if he were to fail, would be on here going on about the fact he failed at reading and wba.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree on Clarke. McInnes showed he could take Craig Brown's players to another level, which Clarke is doing with Lee McCulloch's team.

McInnes' failure is in his recruitment and ability to build another team. Far too early I tell if Clarke is better at McInnes at that. In fact I've yet to see what Clarke is better than McInnes at full-stop.

Firstly - of course he doesnt; and secondly - I very much do; my future on here rides on it. Everyone whos paid any attention to my inane shite, knows that Im optimistic to a fault. Its kilmarnock - decent form or not; we have players capable of beating these fuckwits. How we perform in this has a massive bearing on how much of a fuck both Del and the players give a shit about sorting it out. I will retain belief that they do until the moment we get papped out - and given we avoid either of the weegie cunts, we should be finalistys at the very least. Win or fuck off.

Spoken like a true Dandy Dad the spirit of 83 is still alive and kicking. Pity you weren't giving the pre match pep talk as you might even get through to a dullard like AOC and punt him out there with some fire in his belly. Your right we should rip these Ayrshire no marks apart and teach pie face a lesson he wont forget in a hurry. Hamden here we come. Your positive attitude brought this to mind or was it young Bluto I was thinking of?

I agree with the above with the exception of Paterson, I worked with a grade 1 linesman and he told me the minute we got Pele that he'd be front page of the papers soon.

Apparently everyone in the game knew that he had major demons.

Pretty much everyone not in the game also knew all about his boozing and gambling. There's no way we didn't know when we hired him.

Intersstingly, we interviewed four people for the job.

Skovdahl, Tommy Burns, Mark McGhee and, one that is often forgotten, Ossie Ardiles.

Ardiles says he turned it down as he'd accepted another job, though I'm not sure he was ever actually offered it. We now know McGhee would have been shite.

Burns maybe would have done a good job, but Skovdahl's record at the time trumped his. He had won league titles and cups - Burns, even as manager of Celtic, had only won one trophy. Funnily enough, Burns record at Celtic was very similar to McInnes at Aberdeen - had them challenging and consistent but their record in big games were poor.

We appointed the best option of the four. I don't think the board can be blamed for that. You can't guarantee every appointment will be a success.

Burns would have been infinitely better than ebbe. My point was more ebbe was awful when here and it dragged on for years. That first season was so awful it was actually unbelievable and it was right from the first game. Shambles.

That being said a very bizarre 4 if that was the shortlist.

I agree on Clarke. McInnes showed he could take Craig Brown's players to another level, which Clarke is doing with Lee McCulloch's team.

McInnes' failure is in his recruitment and ability to build another team. Far too early I tell if Clarke is better at McInnes at that. In fact I've yet to see what Clarke is better than McInnes at full-stop.

he's quite clearly far superior in setting his team up to have a go and get a result against the old firm. 2 wins and 2 draws against them is it?

he's quite clearly far superior in setting his team up to have a go and get a result against the old firm. 2 wins and 2 draws against them is it?

McInnes in his first season beat Celtic home and away. And has six wins against the Old Firm overall.

McInnes success was utilising what he had at his disposal - Hayes had a great scoring record v Celtic for example. At the moment Clarke is making the most of what he has - some very decent players like Jordan Jones, Lee Erwin, etc.

But like I say, McInnes weakness is five years down the line, despite extra funds, he's weakened the team. Let's see how Clarke does if he stays long term at Killie, or gets a job with more funds (which he's already failed in at West Brom).

McInnes in his first season beat Celtic home and away. And has six wins against the Old Firm overall.

McInnes success was utilising what he had at his disposal - Hayes had a great scoring record v Celtic for example. At the moment Clarke is making the most of what he has - some very decent players like Jordan Jones, Lee Erwin, etc.

But like I say, McInnes weakness is five years down the line, despite extra funds, he's weakened the team. Let's see how Clarke does if he stays long term at Killie, or gets a job with more funds (which he's already failed in at West Brom).

Ultimately, yes.

It's just a shame at his peak around the 2014-2015 mark he didn't have more success. The Scottish Cup in 2014 had our name on it ffs. We would have hammered Utd in that final. But again, bad decisions cost him that i.e. persisting with players like Langfield let us down.

Ultimately, yes.

It's just a shame at his peak around the 2014-2015 mark he didn't have more success. The Scottish Cup in 2014 had our name on it ffs. We would have hammered Utd in that final. But again, bad decisions cost him that i.e. persisting with players like Langfield let us down.

True but if you watch the highlights from the semi final we were very unlucky not to win. Plenty missed chances.

Sadly the team from McInnes' first season was probably one of his best despite finishing 3rd. Had plenty pace and were very direct.

Thought he doesn't do big games?

BOOM

#catalyst

Obviously the result is fantastic. But took them 90+ minutes to turn up, didn't create much in the lead up to the pens. Would suggest to me he's failed to motivate them again.

Motherwell game is now the biggest game of the season, I couldn't give a fuck about the league if we win the cup. Would take 4th and the cup every fucking day.

Obviously the result is fantastic. But took them 90+ minutes to turn up, didn't create much in the lead up to the pens. Would suggest to me he's failed to motivate them again.

Motherwell game is now the biggest game of the season, I couldn't give a fuck about the league if we win the cup. Would take 4th and the cup every fucking day.

I was calling for his head when they scored but he's just negotiated us through a massive game. As poor as we were so were Killie and McInnes has to get credit for stopping their main threats and his subs did seem to eventually make an impact after they scored.

He deserves credit tonight just like he deserved to be criticised on Saturday. Hopefully we can kick on now.

• Upvote 2