Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

I just wonder how many tagerts have we actually missed out on? Marquis, Kenny miller, Jason Naismith, the other boy from Peterborough? Canna think of us being linked with much else. But losing two players on top of the summer exodus has left us desperate and I feel link the panic buttons going to get hit any second.

You do realise we don't try to sign every player we are linked with?
  • Downvote 1

Yorston, it only leaves us horrendously short if both May and Cosgrove, both of whom ahead of Rooney in the pecking order, despite what this board’s resident brain donor tells us, get injured before we bring in a replacement. I agree we should sign a striker better than last season’s version of May and Cosgrove if we want to kick on, and we all want that, but the perspective i’m putting forward is in the cold light of day the fact is that our team did pretty well to finish second last year with them and without a significant contribution from the declining Rooney.

So. we don’t need to “replace” Rooney, we want to sign a top striker, and we’d have been wanting to do that whether Rooney stayed or went anyway. We will sign a striker, no question. Just remember Nicky Maynard started the season as first choice last year....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No, we got an offer we'd never have expected for him. Plus a bench player on top wages off the payroll.

After fucking a nearly 30 year old Rooney about all season and benching him more often than not we didn't expect that he would want to move on and play first team football somewhere else? His agent would have been negligent if he hadn't been putting out feelers for a move. If McInnes has been blindsided by this then he's an incompetent clown.

After fucking a nearly 30 year old Rooney about all season and benching him more often than not we didn't expect that he would want to move on and play first team football somewhere else? His agent would have been negligent if he hadn't been putting out feelers for a move. If McInnes has been blindsided by this then he's an incompetent clown.

Wow.

Marvellous.

Yorston, it only leaves us horrendously short if both May and Cosgrove, both of whom ahead of Rooney in the pecking order, despite what this board’s resident brain donor tells us, get injured before we bring in a replacement. I agree we should sign a striker better than last season’s version of May and Cosgrove if we want to kick on, and we all want that, but the perspective i’m putting forward is in the cold light of day the fact is that our team did pretty well to finish second last year with them and without a significant contribution from the declining Rooney.

So. we don’t need to “replace” Rooney, we want to sign a top striker, and we’d have been wanting to do that whether Rooney stayed or went anyway. We will sign a striker, no question. Just remember Nicky Maynard started the season as first choice last year....

He scored 11 goals. May and Cosgrove got 5.

Yorston, it only leaves us horrendously short if both May and Cosgrove, both of whom ahead of Rooney in the pecking order, despite what this boards resident brain donor tells us, get injured before we bring in a replacement. I agree we should sign a striker better than last seasons version of May and Cosgrove if we want to kick on, and we all want that, but the perspective im putting forward is in the cold light of day the fact is that our team did pretty well to finish second last year with them and without a significant contribution from the declining Rooney.

So. we dont need to replace Rooney, we want to sign a top striker, and wed have been wanting to do that whether Rooney stayed or went anyway. We will sign a striker, no question. Just remember Nicky Maynard started the season as first choice last year....

Sign a winger and play McGinn through the middle?

I'd actually be more comfortable with him at left back than in the middle nowadays. Admittedly would prefer he was not first choice in either. Still a top man though. MON THE CONSI

As a serial new left back requester, let me just say i do like Consi.

In many ways he's a perfect squad player for us. Committed, versatile, better than the crap squad fillers we often sign and not too expensive you'd think.

Much more useful to have than Reynolds imo.

As a serial new left back requester, let me just say i do like Consi.

In many ways he's a perfect squad player for us. Committed, versatile, better than the crap squad fillers we often sign and not too expensive you'd think.

Much more useful to have than Reynolds imo.

Off on a tangent but I was moseying about online the other day and was surprised to find out that Considine has now the 6th highest all time appearances for Aberdeen. Closing in on 500 in all competitions!

Considine has had a pretty interesting career with Aberdeen all told. Seen all the highs and lows. Queen of the South, Bayern Munich, Atletico(was on the bench for that one but still involved) , League Cup final and lots of other stuff and of course his latest contribution, scoring the winner at Parkhead. You could see how much he enjoyed that. Only notable fixture he missed I can think of is the 9-0.