Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Bar Considine, McInnes brought in every player in the squad yesterday (if you include the youth academy graduates) so does the blame not lie with the manager?

Don’t diminish his responsibility.

He’s at fault for playing Considine too. Nowhere near good enough.

Continuing to rely upon players like this is one of the reasons why we are going backwards.

See what’s really annoying....

The argument of “But who do we replace him with, be careful what you wish for”

These cunts will be forever pleased with complete mediocrity

I don't actually believe they are happy with mediocrity at all. It's more a case of they don't trust the club to appoint someone who will take us forward from where we are now and that misplaced trust is there for good reason when you analyse the appointments we've made over the last 25 years the vast majority of which have been fucking horrendous.

Remember the last time we replaced a semi successful manager? (one that consistently finished top 6 sometimes top 3 and qualified a few times for Europe?). Yes he was a hun cunt and didn't really hide it.Yes he lost cup games he shouldn't have. But then we bring in his replacement who on the day he is paraded virtually admits he's only here because he missed out on a bigger job and we were the booby prize. Then he proceeded to make such a cunt of the job it felt like having Skovdahl, Miller or Paterson back in the hot seat (more jokers Milne felt fit to manage our club).

It's not being content with mediocrity it's a fear of our board not having a clue and by appointing a succession of unsuitable managers over the next few seasons we end up like fucking Dundee United. That doesn't mean McInnes shouldn't be replaced every football manager has a shelf life these days and his is very close to being up 5+ years is a lot in modern day football it's well over the average length of time a manager stays in a post in Britain. But I understand the trepidation from fans in trusting our board to make the right appointment.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, wasn't saying Docherty was the problem, but if McInnes isn't going anywhere he needs to freshen things up, which I was pointing out that Fergie used to do. You surround yourself with people with new ideas and different attitudes to create success. So calm down @@BWG ye bam

You've got to want to listen to and trust the word of your assistant. McInnes has trust issues. Thars exibited in his teams selections.

He trusts Doc, but ultimately the decision is McInnes.

• Upvote 1

See what’s really annoying....

The argument of “But who do we replace him with, be careful what you wish for”

These cunts will be forever pleased with complete mediocrity

The 'remember where we were before McInnes' brigade do my tits in. Go fuck off and evenly distribute your lunchables to the correct ham and cheese ratio.

• Upvote 1

Go on....

Your assertion that second place is “mediocrity” and that having a cautious outlook regarding who would replace the manager. The board haven’t exactly got a great track record, have they.

I’m interested to hear why you think second place is mediocrity, given it’s the best we can achieve in the league with the disparity in finances.

• Downvote 2
  • Site Sponsor

What do you think will happen if a new manager comes in? Second place?

Not necessarily, but attacking entertaining football would be better than watching us capitulate to teams we should be beating would be a start.

He’s run his course now regardless of the result on Sunday.

Poor transfer windows in 2017 and 2018 are down to him.

DMC is a cautious manager.

His pre and post match interviews are always about how he's picked players to nullify the opposition threats.

We line up to against the bigger teams on the back foot and the list of big teams in DMC head is getting longer each season.

I don't mind getting beat having a go as per the 2017 Scottish Cup final however the constant sitting in and looking like rabbits in headlights performances such as the 2016 League Cup final really pisses me off now.

• Upvote 1

Your assertion that second place is “mediocrity” and that having a cautious outlook regarding who would replace the manager. The board haven’t exactly got a great track record, have they.

I’m interested to hear why you think second place is mediocrity, given it’s the best we can achieve in the league with the disparity in finances.

3 wins in 9 this season - against the bottom 3 teams. 2 points from 15 vs last season's top 6.

Signs were there last season. Papped out of both cups with ease by Motherwell. Huns were a complete shambles. 2nd has been pretty much the minimum requirement in recent seasons imo. Hasn't been much of a challenge.

Opinions and arseholes eh

• Upvote 1

I don't think whether we finish 2nd,3rd or 4th is the issue here. Football is an entertainment business and the fans are turning their backs because what we are getting served up is eye bleeding. Hibs and even Hearts are playing a more attacking and aggressive type of football and at least their fans get some games that they can get excited about. We have to wait until St Mirren come to town.

So would you prefer to have had hearts or hibs seasons to ours, last season ?

This has been brought up a few times by a few different posters but I couldn't give a shite where we finish in the league(bottom or play offs aside) if we won a trophy.

McInnes is not delivering success and that's what we should be striving for.

What do you think will happen if a new manager comes in? Second place?

A freshening up of a stale squad and system. Younger players being given a chance. Mentality in bigger games. Players way past their best days being moved on (Logan, Considine, May).

A new manager might not have a magic wand but there are some fairly clear issues that are staring everyone in the face and it looks like a new manager is the only way they're going to get addressed

• Upvote 2

What kind of job would McInnes be realistically holding out for? He's turned down Rangers, and wouldn't go for Celtic so he's not going for another job in Scotland therefore his eye must be on a gig in England (I think he enjoys the day to day too much to consider the national team job right now).

He must surely know he's not getting an English Premier League job so it'll be Championship at best, but there are enough out of work managers around to take the half decent jobs at the too end should someone get poached by a struggling Premier League side so it'll be one of the relegation threatened sides (ie Rotherham, Reading, Milwall, Preston) but then would they not be looking for someone with more experience of scrapping against the drop?

Would he then have to look at League One? I reckon he would have too much of a sense of self worth to drop from Europa League football, cup semis and games against the Old Firm to financially crippled third tier English sides the likes of Coventry, Blackpool or Burton who he may consider too much of a step down or a gamble from the Dons. Would he go to a "project", ie an ambitious League Two or Conference side with grand plans to scale the pyramid? Would a club like that have confidence in someone like McInnes to deliver?

Are we stuck with the big-game-bottling negative fucker after all?

Good post and unfortunately Yes

This has been brought up a few times by a few different posters but I couldn't give a shite where we finish in the league(bottom or play offs aside) if we won a trophy.

McInnes is not delivering success and that's what we should be striving for.

BOOM.

Reaching cup semis isn't success. Finishing second isn't success. Wee boys don't pin posters of the club secretary being handed prize money cheques on their walls.

Win some fucking trophies. That's success.

• Upvote 5

Negative shite against the top 6 is forgivable if it’s working. It clearly isnt. Celtic sussed it long ago (there was a discussion on sportsound about the Lego eater, that if you pressed him he struggled but if you let him press you you’re fucked). Gerrard can’t believe his luck and will employ the have a go approach on Sunday for sure. Hearts? Meh. Any team with Naismith can fuck off regardless. Hibs are an interesting one. Lennon is getting plaudits for attacking etc but they still have the odd shite result. That’ll buy him time but it won’t be infinite, especially if the wages being paid are as high as rumoured. Livvie and Killie are just temporary bubbles both heavily reliant on their respective managers.

We’ve no divine right to second but outside the top 4 IN MAY isn’t good enough.

And Jimmy lovers can fuck right off.

• Upvote 1

Probably Hibs. Watching attacking football in a vibrant stadium with the feeling things will only get better the next season.

I'm certainly envious of both the Edinburgh clubs recent stadium projects. Pittodrie pitch will have to be turned around though, nae room. :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

Poor transfer windows in 2017 and 2018 are down to him.

Has he ever had a good transfer window. His record on signings has been abysmal overall, with perhaps McLean as an exception, although even he took a long time to make a major contribution. It could also be argued that his most successful period was based on players who were already here when he arrived.

The better question is, what do you think will happen if we don't replace the current manager?

The answer to that question is a lot more straight forward: Continued decline and 5th place at best.

The board won't replace him though he's got far too much credit in the bank with them. He will be allowed at least one mediocre season. That's me just being realistic. And because of that I'm just desperately hoping that the penny finally drops with him and he finally realises this nullifying the opposition first and foremost shite isn't working anymore. Hopefully he looks at the league table this morning and finally realises it.

I'll accept 5th place this season if we properly blood the very good crop of youngsters we have and develop a consistent attacking style that focuses more on our own strengths rather than those of the opposition. I have doubts that will ever happen under McInnes but I live in hope because like it or not unless he walks (highly unlikely) he will be manager of our club for some time yet.