Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Unless he has an impressive transfer window in January, I can see us finishing 5th this season and that would be a real test of the Board's resolve... McInnes' stock would reduce significantly, in a climate where a manager (rightly or wrongly) is only as good as his last milestone, so he'd be unlikely to net his coveted big English gig. That said, would the Board be keen to persevere with him, and if so, would they give him big funds to rebuild and rally again? 

I doubt it.

The board are not happy with how Forrester and Gleeson are showing up given the cash parted with to take them to the club.

Herein lies the biggest problem with the McInnes era; his very shaky record on recruitment. Last season was the first time in 5 that he had any real competition for runners-up spot (OK, Motherwell robbed us the first time with that last-minute foul and goal) and while we got over the line, I feel it papered over many cracks. Additionally, the Burnley result, while a heroic effort, masks the fact that, Sociedad and Burnley aside, we have had many golden opportunities to progress in Europe but blew it several times. 

The title being a foregone conclusion aside, the SPL is a very competitive arena now, with Hearts, HIbs, Zombies and even Kilmarnock all staking a claim for European places. The playing field has caught up significantly the last few years, while McInnes continues to make the same mistakes over and over, with little if any indication that he will learn from them. 

The title being a foregone conclusion aside, the SPL is a very competitive arena now, with Hearts, HIbs, Zombies and even Kilmarnock all staking a claim for European places. The playing field has caught up significantly the last few years, while McInnes continues to make the same mistakes over and over, with little if any indication that he will learn from them. 

Agreed.

I think it's highly unlikely we will finish as high as 2nd again this season.

Though accepting that many said that last year, grim predictions appear more justified this time around.

Hope to be pleasantly surprised, and that we can click into a lengthy winning run such has happened on many occasions under the boy.

It will be interesting finding oot.

Agreed.

I think it's highly unlikely we will finish as high as 2nd again this season.

Though accepting that many said that last year, grim predictions appear more justified this time around.

Hope to be pleasantly surprised, and that we can click into a lengthy winning run such has happened on many occasions under the boy.

It will be interesting finding oot.

The thing is, much as I hold Milne accountable as the chief Wig Wam Bam behind our underachievement of the last 20+ years, if I were him I wouldn't entrust a significant transfer budget to McInnes, given his relatively poor recruitment record. I would also point at his even poorer record of giving youth a fair shot.

Unless he has an impressive transfer window in January, I can see us finishing 5th this season and that would be a real test of the Board's resolve... McInnes' stock would reduce significantly, in a climate where a manager (rightly or wrongly) is only as good as his last milestone, so he'd be unlikely to net his coveted big English gig. That said, would the Board be keen to persevere with him, and if so, would they give him big funds to rebuild and rally again? 

I doubt if any thoughts of getting rid of McInnes at the end of the season won't register with the board , even if we failed to make the top 6.  I think he's under contract until the end of next season , so , barring anything catastrophic like actually being relegated or a humiliating cup exit, he'll be allowed next season to see if results improve. If there's no improvement  then ,chances are he won't be offered a new contract.

And it'll be Ian McCall next

Lol

We will click soon and you will all be forced to apologise

Gleeson and Forrester are top notch, let's wait till January then review

Nae quite sure what you were laughing out loud for.  Dinna bother explaining , though , cos it'll be a load o' pish

I'm nae looking for McInnes to get the dunt.

It’s a shame as he’s mostly been a force for good around the club

I don’t have as short a memory as some

But it’s gone stale badly and we need a new injection of ideas and enthusiasm

But he will grind it out until at least the end of the season and I can see a fair few painful days between now and then

Starting next week :(

From where we have come from, he has been a fantastic manager for the club and brought us a lot of relative success, Celtic’s dominance aside. But feels like we need to freshen things up and have some new ideas, would be refreshing to give youth a chance and play attacking football (without putting Cosgrove on the pitch).

Hope he can sign off with a trophy and leave at the end of the season, as he is never going to be sacked.

From where we have come from, he has been a fantastic manager for the club and brought us a lot of relative success, Celtic’s dominance aside. But feels like we need to freshen things up and have some new ideas, would be refreshing to give youth a chance and play attacking football (without putting Cosgrove on the pitch).

Hope he can sign off with a trophy and leave at the end of the season, as he is never going to be sacked.

Pish he has won one cup the mickey mouse league cup

Even Tommy Wright won the scottish cup