Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

You said expecting 3rd and cup finals every season is unrealistic, yet you are not happy with us doing exactly that?

U ok?

Edited to say I can't be fucked. Did explain myself but why bother, you don't listen to any other cunt who has a different opinion from you anyway. Pointless engaging with. This is why everyone here wants you to fuck off.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I still think we'll be third this season.  However we have absolutely no chance of making the Scottish cup final unless we somehow avoid Rangers and Celtic. I have no confidence that we're going to get any kind of positive result, using McInnes own words, against either of those this season.  

Wonder what the odds of us getting 0 points against both of them this season are. 

Edited to say I can't be fucked. Did explain myself but why bother, you don't listen to any other cunt who has a different opinion from you anyway. Pointless engaging with. This is why everyone here wants you to fuck off.

So your answer is to have a hissy fit like a child rather than a debate? Good one.

He's in the press today calling the fans hysterical, absolute egomaniac.

Well you were wanting the team to lose, I would call that hysterical nonsense tbf.

I'd be fucking delighted if we got 3rd and a cup final this season.

I'd be happy if the players who are not any f---- use and manager who won't except the blame and tight fist Milne is replaced. Lose next 3 games id want them all out. 3rd top end of season 3rd bottom. One other thing Joe Harper's comments all will come good once the new stadium is built. great player Joe but now your in lah Llanelli land.

So your answer is to have a hissy fit like a child rather than a debate? Good one.

Well you were wanting the team to lose, I would call that hysterical nonsense tbf.

Nah I did respond and then decided to remove it because I can't be arsed debating with you for the reasons I said. Up to you if you think it's childish, I just can't be doing with you at all.

• Upvote 1

I'd be happy if the players who are not any f---- use and manager who won't except the blame and tight fist Milne is replaced. Lose next 3 games id want them all out. 3rd top end of season 3rd bottom. One other thing Joe Harper's comments all will come good once the new stadium is built. great player Joe but now your in lah Llanelli land.

So you don't think we will improve on the pitch and attract better players when we actually move stadium and with the new training facilities? Glad you aren't in charge we'd be as well staying at Pittodrie and training at Balgownie.

• Downvote 1

Many good points made here, but what annoys me most, along with the annual European capitulations, is the small but very vocal minority touting the "best since Fergie" horse shit.

Celtic have walked to a treble-treble, one which completely flatters them. It is a good, functional Celtic side for sure, but certainly not a great one and that is borne out by their declining European progress in recent years. To have failed to win the league is understandable, but to not even lay a glove on them is unforgivable. Balsawood faced far stronger Rangers and Celtic teams and at least had a go (and his record against them, in retrospect, wasn't as bad as many thought at the time).

McInnes hit the ground running, largely because he inherited a playing field so weak and a budget so consistent, any manager with a modicum of drive and who isn't an utter mongol could have achieved the league placings he did in his first four seasons. Granted, 2018 was a good finish, but since then we've gone backwards at an alarming rate, reduced to predictable hoofball with a poor man's Peter Crouch as our only real threat up front.

Finishing above the huns twice was a very good achievement. From a McInnes Must Go fan.

So you don't think we will improve on the pitch and attract better players when we actually move stadium and with the new training facilities? Glad you aren't in charge we'd be as well staying at Pittodrie and training at Balgownie.

I'm a bit sceptical about the training ground helping us to attract better players.

I agree that having a purpose built training ground should help us perform better with the players we have though

I'd imagine that the only thought that prospective signings have when it comes between choosing us and any options that they may have with clubs in the central belt is how much more are Aberdeen going to pay me each week? And that it would have to be a fairly significant amount in order to sway them to move 150 miles or so further north to a bit of a remote outpost, with generally higher property prices. 

As has been said...Hibs already have a perfectly functional training ground in operation. I do not believe for one second that Ojo chose us over them because we had one which was nearing completion and might be marginally better than theirs. I think £500/week more on his payslip is more likely the reason....

• Upvote 1

I think we all need to just realise that he is not going anywhere anytime soon unless something drastic happens. It would cost a healthy sum to sack and then replace and the board just won't do it.

I was of the opinion until recently that he deserved the chance to take the team to the new training facilities etc etc, but the more I think about it the more I ask myself why? An old cliche but we were Aberdeen before him and we will be Aberdeen after he's gone, a big club with a great fan base. We have got our house in order off the pitch and that's largely down to McCormack's influence. McInnes has spoken to two clubs (that we know of)  in the last 3 years and had the terms been right he would of been off in a shot. I do not understand why we have been bent over and handed him big money contracts and are now scared to even mention the thought of sacking him. Of course, I don't know what has went on in the board room but I highly doubt his position has been scrutinised by his best pal Milne. 

I reiterate a point I have made previously, as we move to the new training facilities and potential stadium I think we should be restructuring the football operation. This is the perfect season to do it now were out of one cup and no chance of challenging either old firm. Bring in an experienced head of recruitment/sporting director to work with a new coaching set up. A mix of personnel with international and scottish football experience would be perfect. 

These guys wouldn't be my personal choice but for example Southend were trying to get Larsson, they were bringing him and Mjaliby in with Tommy Johnson sporting director as he knows the leagues down their for recruiting players etc. 

Not sure what your point is? 

The point is the structure they are trying to put in place. Foreign coaches with a sporting director who knows the legaue and has experience of recruiting within a budget. Our structure at the moment is russ richardson meeting ash taylor in the stands at league two northampton and offering him a two year deal.

Yeah but Southend then pulled out of the Larsson et al deal. Why? Because they found out just how much it was going to cost I would imagine. Whilst I have no argument that the system you are advocating would probably work better than the one we have at present.....our budget is every bit as limited as Southend. So every pound spent on non-playing staff is a pound less for our playing budget.

Many good points made here, but what annoys me most, along with the annual European capitulations, is the small but very vocal minority touting the "best since Fergie" horse shit.

Celtic have walked to a treble-treble, one which completely flatters them. It is a good, functional Celtic side for sure, but certainly not a great one and that is borne out by their declining European progress in recent years. To have failed to win the league is understandable, but to not even lay a glove on them is unforgivable. Balsawood faced far stronger Rangers and Celtic teams and at least had a go (and his record against them, in retrospect, wasn't as bad as many thought at the time).

McInnes hit the ground running, largely because he inherited a playing field so weak and a budget so consistent, any manager with a modicum of drive and who isn't an utter mongol could have achieved the league placings he did in his first four seasons. Granted, 2018 was a good finish, but since then we've gone backwards at an alarming rate, reduced to predictable hoofball with a poor man's Peter Crouch as our only real threat up front.

Not sure why you've slated Cosgrove in this. He's the LEAST of our worries at the moment. 

According to King Joey we can’t compete and thus 3rd or 4th plus qualification for Europe (no mention of even making an attempt at groups) is “a successful season”. Ok Joe, spot on, I’ll calculate my season spend accordingly.

Oh and he calls Ebbe a half breed. Sorry New breed. What, you mean one with a brain and an ability not to be fed shite?

I did love The Jam.

and Zorba the baker.

He's in the press today calling the fans hysterical, absolute egomaniac.

I'd suggest perhaps he is the hysterical cunt if that is true.

Glad you aren't in charge we'd be as well staying at Pittodrie and training at Balgownie.

I don't see any evidence to suggest that shooftahmooftah could be any worse a manager that the current fucking numpty in charge.

The boy is a fucking gluepot. And of course, I'm not talking about shooftah.

At least he has the courage to back up his views, and does not whine and blame every other cunt on the planet (bar himself) when he fucks things up.

Balsawood faced far stronger Rangers and Celtic teams and at least had a go (and his record against them, in retrospect, wasn't as bad as many thought at the time).

Calderwood had a win % of 19% against original Rangers

McInnes is 28.5% against new Rangers

JC vs Celtic - 13.6%

DMc vs Celtic - 16.6%