Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

The race to be next St. Johnstone manager would be entertaining!? Would it fuck.

Only 2 people out of the many linked can land the Hearts and Hibs jobs. There will be a long line of unsuccessful candidates. How many would whore themselves at the vacancy in Perth (or Motherwell if Robinson got it) and spout spurious platitudes proclaiming it as a fantastic job having been rejected by 1 or in some cases, 2, bigger clubs just a few weeks earlier.

I can think of one who having been turned down by the first 2, 3 if Robinson shifts, would still sit and lecture Geiff Brown about how he still considered himself "a top 8 EPL Manager."

And another who'd tell him he was just there whilst waiting for the Celtic Job.  

Still going Strachan to Hibs, Robinson (poss Robertson) to Hertz and Tommy Wright to Motherwell unless he fancied, and was offered, the NI job.

Guest the shepherd

Is extending shitey Gallagher’s deal past January like making a new signing

Yes and I wish him all the best, just like any other player that gives 100% each time they play for Aberdeen, regardless of their limitations.

• 2 weeks later...

He will be scrutinized more than before.

The decisions were made by Milne. He can take on board the opinions of the other board members but he'll have the overall say.

Cormack is not as hard for McInnes as Milne was.

Yip, agree with that.

Whilst I don’t think for a second he’s under any pressure just now, like you say, a poor run &/or a poor end to the season will see him asked questions more than he was under Milne.

Might be a good thing.

Being under no pressure under Milne might lead to complacency.

Not now.

Yip, agree with that.

Whilst I don’t think for a second he’s under any pressure just now, like you say, a poor run &/or a poor end to the season will see him asked questions more than he was under Milne.

Might be a good thing.

Being under no pressure under Milne might lead to complacency.

Not now.

Also Cormack knows a bit about football - he won't be short of alternative manager options and having the cash to pay for them. Ultimately his first managerial appointment will be a significant moment whatever the reasons for it happening. I think he's definitely more likely to hold McInnes to account if we don't progress in Europe, should we qualify. Exciting times.

Also Cormack knows a bit about football - he won't be short of alternative manager options and having the cash to pay for them. Ultimately his first managerial appointment will be a significant moment whatever the reasons for it happening. I think he's definitely more likely to hold McInnes to account if we don't progress in Europe, should we qualify. Exciting times.

Richard Gordon saying Milne will still be on the board.

Cormack will be chairman though.