Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Just now, milne_afc said:

Would be easy enough if the pubs were open. Pretty common NE name.

I think if I walked in to my local pretending to be someone else I'd be shown The Door (S)

54 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Said it should be viewed as a magnificent achievement, and everyone needs to believe that. He said players were under "too much pressure" last week. 

Just everything we've come accustomed to thinking about him. 

Should have been sacked on the spot for uttering that guff. Fucking loser mentality 

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I would also need to check back but my recollection is that we’re always clatting about last minute in a transfer window?

I think it's more that in spite of so many being out of contract in summer, we haven't signed anybody on a pre-contract for next season. 

You have to question whether he has been told he isn't allowed to. 

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I think it's more that in spite of so many being out of contract in summer, we haven't signed anybody on a pre-contract for next season. 

You have to question whether he has been told he isn't allowed to. 

Do we often announce sign pre-contracts in January though?

I’m not suggesting we have any tied up for the summer but we’re not known for too many that I can recall.

But I suspect you’re right, that he’s maybe asked to try for a couple & been told no. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

See as a fan of 50 years, even watching us with Hayes, mcginn and Rooney in their prime, did you still think "this is shite " compared to the 80s?

Not at all.

Enjoyed that trio in their prime.

Also enjoyed European nights under Calderwood, particularly versus Copenhagen and Bayern.

I have always reconciled that the Fergie years were surreal and that I was very lucky to watch the team in those years. Even at the time I knew it couldn't last.

DM did very well in his first four years or so. The last four years have not been so good. Perhaps he should have done what Fergie regularly did i.e. change his assistant manager from time to time to bring fresh ideas and the like ?

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

After 8 years how many modern day football managers have the same drive & enthusiasm?

His shelf-life has well & truly passed. 

I genuinely think it’s best for him & us that he leaves. 

Great point...I just wish he could see what we can see. If you ‘love’ the club like you say you do, then do the right thing and stand aside....

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

McInnes with a very thinly veiled dig at the folk in charge of dealing with recruitment (is that Steven Gunn?) 

”Scrambling about on the last day of the window is not how I want to do business, & I’m not happy about it”. 
“There’s a few things I’m not happy about”.

Sounds pretty frustrated. 

Not a happy bunny. 

What’s that got to do with the 2 years of shite football we’ve been made to endure before this one?

Sounds to me like the usual shite he comes out with after every poor result. It’s there fault, not mine. 

44 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

After 8 years how many modern day football managers have the same drive & enthusiasm?

His shelf-life has well & truly passed. 

I genuinely think it’s best for him & us that he leaves. 

8  years in the same job would do my fucking head in, he needs to move on, his approach is stale to say the least, hoping for a change in the summer now, no idea if it will actually happen though...

2 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

8  years in the same job would do my fucking head in, he needs to move on, his approach is stale to say the least, hoping for a change in the summer now, no idea if it will actually happen though...

If we finish 4th or 5th I think there will be a parting of the ways.

If (highly fucking unlikely) we get 3rd, he might survive as Cormack might find it hard to justify sacking him if he has guaranteed the club the alleged £3m-£4m that the group stages of the Europa Conference brings. 

20 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If we finish 4th or 5th I think there will be a parting of the ways.

If (highly fucking unlikely) we get 3rd, he might survive as Cormack might find it hard to justify sacking him if he has guaranteed the club the alleged £3m-£4m that the group stages of the Europa Conference brings. 

It isnt guaranteed....we would still have to negotiate a Europa Cup qualifying round tie and reach the Europa group stages to guarantee that sort of cash

Dropping into the Conference groups the money is massively lower....the group winners only get a few thousand north of £500k (£507k iirc), And the cash for winning a tie is the same as for a draw in the Europa (about £180k). A draw is only worth about £60k. Still not bad money but nowhere near that on offer in the Europa

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It isnt guaranteed....we would still have to negotiate a Europa Cup qualifying round tie and reach the Europa group stages to guarantee that sort of cash

Dropping into the Conference groups the money is massively lower....the group winners only get a few thousand north of £500k (£507k iirc), And the cash for winning a tie is the same as for a draw in the Europa (about £180k). A draw is only worth about £60k. Still not bad money but nowhere near that on offer in the Europa

It's crap prize money in the conference then.  When you consider youd need to carry a larger squad at more cost to be able to manage the additional workload. Many bigger teams than Aberdeen have found it hard to juggle euro group football and domestic football. 

Only really worth it with crowd income to supplement it. 

You could play 6 group games, lose most of them and pick up hardly any extra prize money. 

It's not the holy trail people are thinking if the numbers you've quoted are correct. 

13 hours ago, Granite95 said:

https://twitter.com/AberdeenFC/status/1359916253884858369

Blames the "pressure on the players" for our loss. What an absolute wank-stain he is, such a losers mentality he has.

Imagine the fans wanting our team to win.....

11 hours ago, G31DON said:

Third biggest budget finishing third, magnificent. ? stop digging that hole Derek, you're just making things worse. 

What a fucking cock that boy is.

Canna believe there are folk on here that were feeling sorry for him in the event of him being sacked.

Mintil.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's crap prize money in the conference then.  When you consider youd need to carry a larger squad at more cost to be able to manage the additional workload. Many bigger teams than Aberdeen have found it hard to juggle euro group football and domestic football. 

Only really worth it with crowd income to supplement it. 

You could play 6 group games, lose most of them and pick up hardly any extra prize money. 

It's not the holy trail people are thinking if the numbers you've quoted are correct. 

Looks like we would actually lose money if the money is as bad as described, in the event of no home gates and 3 x charter flights to pay for.

Fucking LOL.

9 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Canna believe there are folk on here that were feeling sorry for him in the event of him being sacked.

Mintil.

Looks like we would actually lose money if the money is as bad as described, in the event of no home gates and 3 x charter flights to pay for.

Fucking LOL.

I've not seen the figures published anywhere so they definitely need verified but if true then its definitely not the holy grail that some folk think and maybe explains why the board aren't being as jumpy to sack McInnes as people would like. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I've not seen the figures published anywhere so they definitely need verified but if true then its definitely not the holy grail that some folk think and maybe explains why the board aren't being as jumpy to sack McInnes as people would like. 

Aye you would need to win at least 2 Conference group matches to avoid losing money if there are no crowds in by then.

If you only manage a couple of draws (or worse) I'm certain you would be haemorrhaging cash

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Mintil.

Fucking LOL.

I'm sure UEFA pay travel expenses like charter flights etc.

14 minutes ago, RUL said:

My word, the full press conference yesterday is even worse, which club selectively edited. 

We missed mcinnes declaring that he doesn't buy the comment that our budget is higher than other clubs in the league. 

Eh? He doesn't buy the comment? What the fuck does that mean? His budget is either higher, equal to or less than other clubs in the league. 

It's commonly understood that Aberdeen have the 3rd highest budget, if that is not correct he should clarify or a least give an indication as to who he thinks has a bigger budget.