Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

McInnes reached his plateau when there was far far less of a challenge in front of him. 
Some managers will never improve on that. He is most certainly one of those types. Over achieving is certainly one thing he can NEVER be credited with at Aberdeen, or even at St Johnstone if truth be told & those are the highlights of his managerial career.

Only one way he can & is taking the club now

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

2 mins 25 in

“A real positive Fraser Hornby should be back for the next game”

He’s definitely trolling now - no doubt about it ?

I half expected him to pause and look deadpan into the camera for a few seconds when he came out with that.

"Aye, I shed that."

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

We’ve been relegation form for months. He’s gone end of season - 100%

We're in the same downward spiral that hilariously send Hibs down, and Dundee United too. I wouldn't be surprised if we were down there if he survived the summer (which surely he won't). 

Just now, Dynamo said:

We're in the same downward spiral that hilariously send Hibs down, and Dundee United too. I wouldn't be surprised if we were down there if he survived the summer (which surely he won't). 

If he survives the summer yous will have more players like Main, Stewart, Hendry, Hornby etc. to be linked with. 

Exciting

I say yous because I can certainly not say I will have any interest in the club if he’s here still, so at least the hat has something to look forward to in that sense.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I think he would have us in third if he'd been given the last five games

edit to also say i think any other manager would have got the same/more points than mcinnes. 

Somebody earlier mentioned Dick Campbell. Now, not for a minute am I suggesting he should be manager, but we certainly wouldn't have won so few games and scored 1 goal in 9 under him. 

30 minutes ago, Donmacca said:

I just don't think the board have the balls to make, what to them, is a difficult decision. To us it's obvious what needs to be done but doubt they will

I think you are very wrong. I think there is no fucking chance in hell he'll be the manager when the season ticket holders who have been to either 0 or 1 game this season are asked to pony up.

He's gone in the next month or so and I wouldnt be surprised if we find out in the future that it was actually decided in january or february

When I say gone i mean either gone or their hand is forced in to saying he's going end of season

12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Aberdeen football club would be absolutely nothing if it wasn't for glaswegians,  pal

Remember that 

Glasgow & it’s football ‘self importance’ would be absolutely nothing if not for religious bigotry 

The clubs would be a complete irrelevance without it. They think they are relevant but are only relevant to each other. Parasite & host taking turns at which will be which

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Glasgow is like everywhere else. Some good, some not so good.

The not so good weegie style is Scotland's shame, an embarrassment to anyone of a normally-functioning disposition. Fortunately the parochialism NE style rejects sectarianism, bigotry, charlatanism and thieves, aspects that the weege is rich in, poisoned by in fact. 

Weegies are proud of their knife crime stats. They idolise the ‘razor gang’ days ? 

Their latest proudest moment was when they were referenced in the peaky blinders ?

Pathetic folk

21 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Glasgow is like everywhere else. Some good, some not so good

if you live there, it seems to be part of the deal that you cheerlead for the city big time

did it myself on occasion when i lived there for three years late eighties

never felt the need to do it in any other city, before or since

stockholm syndrome, perhaps 

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McInnes doesnt look like a man under any pressure.

He already knows he's away this summer imo

Yeah, I agree. His concern now will be his “stock”. He needed 3rd to help him protect his record on paper, and to let his MSM pals perpetuate the myth we’re a fickle club with unrealistic expectations. I don’t think he, or the MSM, will have any answers to the horrific form of 2021 when the dust settles.

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McInnes doesnt look like a man under any pressure.

He already knows he's away this summer imo

I suspect he will go in summer  but I don’t think anything has already been agreed. Almost impossible to keep these things secret these days. .  Any work going on in the background will be ensure there is a club to manage next season.  We must be financially crippled.  Cormack will be scrambling around trying to find money to pay whatever we are due on deferred wages.  Imo Mcinnes won’t be going anywhere before the end of the season simply because  we have no money to get rid.  

4 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Yeah, I agree. His concern now will be his “stock”. He needed 3rd to help him protect his record on paper, and to let his MSM pals perpetuate the myth we’re a fickle club with unrealistic expectations. I don’t think he, or the MSM, will have any answers to the horrific form of 2021 when the dust settles.

They will still lick his fucking arse,  they drool over the clown,

3 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Totally agree. 

A mutual agreement to depart at the end of the season is looking more and more likely round about season ticket renewal time which I think will be slightly later this year as they'll be hoping for some good news covid wise over the next couple of months. 

10 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Yes there was and I remember the precipitation. I moved from Aberdeen on 1st August. It rained for 23/31 days! Never saw or understood Tinseltown but that was my favourite song at the time, sheer genius. 

genius for sure.. and  "all this talking is only bravado".. well that's yer 'gallus' reference right there, innit..