Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

37 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Yeah, I agree. His concern now will be his “stock”. He needed 3rd to help him protect his record on paper, and to let his MSM pals perpetuate the myth we’re a fickle club with unrealistic expectations. I don’t think he, or the MSM, will have any answers to the horrific form of 2021 when the dust settles.

The weegie media will almost definitely find a way to have a go at the Aberdeen fans when he does depart.

They’ll just completely ignore the last 2/3 seasons of his time in charge when they list the reasons why he’s so good, we won’t do better etc.

2 wins in 13 and 1 goal in 9 games won’t even get a mention when he does leave.

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I suspect he will go in summer  but I don’t think anything has already been agreed. Almost impossible to keep these things secret these days. .  Any work going on in the background will be ensure there is a club to manage next season.  We must be financially crippled.  Cormack will be scrambling around trying to find money to pay whatever we are due on deferred wages.  Imo Mcinnes won’t be going anywhere before the end of the season simply because  we have no money to get rid.  

I disagree. I think it'll be agreed already.

and money? ive been saying for 3-6 months why should we pay him off. just leave him on the payroll until his contract is up in may 2022

14 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I disagree. I think it'll be agreed already.

and money? ive been saying for 3-6 months why should we pay him off. just leave him on the payroll until his contract is up in may 2022

Because its 17 grand a week,  the sleekit fucker had already shafted us knowing that milne will ensure he has a job at Pittodrie for as long as he likes,

He'll probably get paid off in the summer for a fair chunk of but not all of what's left on his deal.  Even if it's 2/3 then he gets decent cash for doing fuck all and we save a wee bit of cash. The next guy will be on less so will even itself up over a few years.  McInnes will get plenty of media work until his next job comes up so he probably won't be much out of pocket. 

Ferguson will probably get sold in the summer to help replenish the coffers. 

And then the rebuild will commence. 

39 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

The weegie media will almost definitely find a way to have a go at the Aberdeen fans when he does depart.

They’ll just completely ignore the last 2/3 seasons of his time in charge when they list the reasons why he’s so good, we won’t do better etc.

2 wins in 13 and 1 goal in 9 games won’t even get a mention when he does leave.

Without doubt "thick, knowledgless fans" 

Will unfairly force the board to act, 

We will " never get a better manager" 

And will have to accept the "downward spiral" that will ensue. 

We've been spoiled by for too long,  by a good, talented manager who took the club from the doldrums, and turned us into 3rd place challengers, 

What more do we want

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Just a few days after winning the cup winners cup as well. 

To be fair, Fergie did kinda apologise for that interview afterwards. 

But 'the standards have been set along ago' bit is superb and exactly what's needed. 

I don't think we can reasonably expect standards!

I wanted him sacked against Kilmarnock last year, home Scottish Cup tie. It was horrible. 

What is forgotten, by me at time as well, is how much we fluked the replay. 

This season has been a nightmare. Its March and hes still on about how we had a decent team when Watkins played in October. 

We've been horrendous last 10 games especially. 3 goals for fuck sake. 

I can't understand why he's not been sacked. We've barely won a game since the must win v hibs. The club are in complete hiding.

Meanwhile mcinnes continues giving deluded interviews. I genuinely don't think he believes what he's saying. 

The club is existing in name only. We are back to Craig brown territory, hoping to survive from one season to the next. 

28 minutes ago, RUL said:

I wanted him sacked against Kilmarnock last year, home Scottish Cup tie. It was horrible. 

What is forgotten, by me at time as well, is how much we fluked the replay. 

This season has been a nightmare. Its March and hes still on about how we had a decent team when Watkins played in October. 

We've been horrendous last 10 games especially. 3 goals for fuck sake. 

I can't understand why he's not been sacked. We've barely won a game since the must win v hibs. The club are in complete hiding.

Meanwhile mcinnes continues giving deluded interviews. I genuinely don't think he believes what he's saying. 

The club is existing in name only. We are back to Craig brown territory, hoping to survive from one season to the next. 

I genuinely think he has been “sacked” in that it’s agreed he’s off ski at the end of the season. Be flabbergasted if he’s still here beyond that 

Just now, NEM said:

I genuinely think he has been “sacked” in that it’s agreed he’s off ski at the end of the season. Be flabbergasted if he’s still here beyond that 

I think something similar. The stink in the press around the hibs game tells a story - I think Cormack was ready to pull the trigger but something changed behind the scenes at the last minute

He absolutely needs to get punted and should’ve been ages ago. I just don’t think he’s been told he’s getting punted. That wouldn’t make any sense..

imagine he knew he was on his way out. He might get spiteful. He could deploy odd tactics, be defensive, not score goals, sign loan players that are honking....

No way he’s been ‘sacked’

2 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

imagine he knew he was on his way out. He might get spiteful. He could deploy odd tactics, be defensive, not score goals, sign loan players that are honking....

He might even play players out of position and bottle it in big games.

9 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Because its 17 grand a week,  the sleekit fucker had already shafted us knowing that milne will ensure he has a job at Pittodrie for as long as he likes,

There is no fucking way he's on a base salary of £900k a year before win and performance bonuses.

If that value is true it's likely taken from a cup final and euro qualification season.

His bonuses will easily be 50%

8 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

What makes you think he’s already been ‘sacked’? 

Lack of enthusiasm, tone of interviews , body language. They have come to an agreement that he will leave at the end of the summer with an agreed pay off. Just putting in time now and glad crowds are not back to hasten his departure . Definitely not ITK , just what I think.