Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

9 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

But how come Cormack as chairman can't just dunt the cunt, unilaterally to fuck if the yokel members of the board don't like it 

Presumably because "just dunting the cunt" comes with a financial cost alongside that some on the board might not be too happy for the club to fork out. 

41 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

It's taken the whole of this century but the realisation of Milne's tenure is being awakened. Had the fee-paying customers been looking at his character and examining his agenda and motivations, we wouldn't have got into this century without major question marks. The night of the blunt knives AGM was the turning point. The readiness to give in to Milne after that was when Aberdeen got the club it deserved. Decades of neglect, all totally foreseeable. 

PLEASE

Explain the 'night of the blunt knives' as I have no idea what this is.

20 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

About time DM just tried something different with this squad, his same old same old clearly isn’t working! At least if he broke from his tired old mould I’d have more respect for him!

How can he try something else.   He’s tried all his tactical genius and ended up with 1 goal in 9 games and 1 goal in 10 coming up.    Protest with your feet and don’t go to any games next season home or away,  if allowed by the twisted lying SOB Nasty leader Sturgeon who turned into Ronald Reagan last week with her I really can’t remember 50 x spout, in the Salmond enquiry.   

• Dildo 1
22 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

PLEASE

Explain the 'night of the blunt knives' as I have no idea what this is.

I may be wrong min but I think @rocket_scientist  was using the phrase as a play on the historically dubbed "The Night of the Long Knives", an event where Adolf Hitler ordered the murders of approximately 400 former allies of his or people he thought were a danger to him achieving totalitarian power. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/zxs2pbk/revision/5 

On 3/7/2021 at 10:50 AM, 1983 said:

This for me is exactly the point. His success rate of signing good players vs shite players is horrific.

100%

Weird thing is he made it look quite effortless in the early days. Each window adding another player who would become key. Flood and Robson. Then Rooney and Logan. Then Taylor who certainly isn't Cannavaro but is generally decent. McLean... Shinnie..... Madisson and Christie loans.... then suddenly from '17 onwards just snapped up Forrester, Gleeson, Bryson, Ojo, Main and the rest of the band

• Dildo 1
40 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

100%

Weird thing is he made it look quite effortless in the early days. Each window adding another player who would become key. Flood and Robson. Then Rooney and Logan. Then Taylor who certainly isn't Cannavaro but is generally decent. McLean... Shinnie..... Madisson and Christie loans.... then suddenly from '17 onwards just snapped up Forrester, Gleeson, Bryson, Ojo, Main and the rest of the band

Rose tinted glasses, plenty of shite in the early years as well, Gregg Wylde, Calvin Zola etc etc etc 

2 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

How can he try something else.   He’s tried all his tactical genius and ended up with 1 goal in 9 games and 1 goal in 10 coming up.    Protest with your feet and don’t go to any games next season home or away,  if allowed by the twisted lying SOB Nasty leader Sturgeon who turned into Ronald Reagan last week with her I really can’t remember 50 x spout, in the Salmond enquiry.   

Go back to basics then, in that case. Match up with the opposition, we generally have better players in most positions than everyone else so it then turns into a personal battle. Beat your opponent and it most of your team-mates do the same then you'll win more than not. The players aren't blameless either but it's clear they arent comfortable with the tactics or they have just chucked it.

His biggest failing is that he tries to be too smart. He doesn't help himself at all. All this nonsense like having a right back man marking a player all the way across to the left touchline etc, it's utter crap and hasn't worked yet. 

43 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Go back to basics then, in that case. Match up with the opposition, we generally have better players in most positions than everyone else so it then turns into a personal battle. Beat your opponent and it most of your team-mates do the same then you'll win more than not. The players aren't blameless either but it's clear they arent comfortable with the tactics or they have just chucked it.

His biggest failing is that he tries to be too smart. He doesn't help himself at all. All this nonsense like having a right back man marking a player all the way across to the left touchline etc, it's utter crap and hasn't worked yet. 

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I may be wrong min but I think @rocket_scientist  was using the phrase as a play on the historically dubbed "The Night of the Long Knives", an event where Adolf Hitler ordered the murders of approximately 400 former allies of his or people he thought were a danger to him achieving totalitarian power. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/zxs2pbk/revision/5 

Interesting. 

It still doesn't clear up why he uses this so often with regards to this fabled night sometime around the turn of the century. 

I need answers. 

1 hour ago, KenDodd'sDad said:

Rose tinted glasses, plenty of shite in the early years as well, Gregg Wylde, Calvin Zola etc etc etc 

I'm not saying he got it right every time. I'm not saying that at all. Just that we seemed to bring in decent players for the starting 11 regularly and our team would be better after every window. Often players we had heard of and would know they'd turn out good.

Plenty pish but the % of shite was nothing like now

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

100%

It's a tough one to work out.  Was it luck early on? Did the platform of having Hayes and McGinn in the prime of their careers on a plate when he arrived make his life easier?  

I don't believe a team can be built on 2 players, but our attacking strengths were certainly built around those two players and the decline has certainly coincided with those two dropping off.  As I think back, I really struggle to think of any period in 2013-17 that either had any prolonged absence.  

The trend in league goals scored per game is as follows:

13/14 - 1.39

14/15 - 1.5

15/16 - 1.63

16/17 - 1.95

17/18 - 1.47

18/19 - 1.5

19/20 - 1.33

20/21 - 1 (so far)

The 16/17 season, the pinnacle, was the last we had with Hayes and McGinn in their prime.  McGinn went on his South Korean jolly and came back a lesser player, and Hayes spends a few years at Celtic.  That 16/17 season didn't have a ridiculously high top scorer, it was a Rooney in and out of the team with 12, followed by McGinn on 10 and Hayes on 9.  

Ultimately, I didn't see it at the time, but so much of what we did revolved around those two and since, McInnes has floundered trying to replicate that system that worked pretty well with them using different players and struggled to find any other system that works as well.  

GMS, Greg Stewart, Chris Forrester, James Wilson, Ryan Hedges and Matty Kennedy, returned McGinn and returned Hayes have come nowhere near the levels we got from 2013-17 McGinn/Hayes.  

I wonder now if McInnes is able to identify and sign a creative player long term, and find a way to play to their strengths.  

21 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

It's a tough one to work out.  Was it luck early on? Did the platform of having Hayes and McGinn in the prime of their careers on a plate when he arrived make his life easier?  

I don't believe a team can be built on 2 players, but our attacking strengths were certainly built around those two players and the decline has certainly coincided with those two dropping off.  As I think back, I really struggle to think of any period in 2013-17 that either had any prolonged absence.  

13/14 - 1.39

14/15 - 1.5

15/16 - 1.63

16/17 - 1.95

17/18 - 1.47

18/19 - 1.5

19/20 - 1.33

20/21 - 1 (so far)

The 16/17 season, the pinnacle, was the last we had with Hayes and McGinn in their prime.  McGinn went on his South Korean jolly and came back a lesser player, and Hayes spends a few years at Celtic.  That 16/17 season didn't have a ridiculously high top scorer, it was a Rooney in and out of the team with 12, followed by McGinn on 10 and Hayes on 9.  

Ultimately, I didn't see it at the time, but so much of what we did revolved around those two and since, McInnes has floundered trying to replicate that system that worked pretty well with them using different players and struggled to find any other system that works as well.  

GMS, Greg Stewart, Chris Forrester, James Wilson, Ryan Hedges and Matty Kennedy, returned McGinn and returned Hayes have come nowhere near the levels we got from 2013-17 McGinn/Hayes.  

I wonder now if McInnes is able to identify and sign a creative player long term, and find a way to play to their strengths.  

The only signings Mcinnes is hooked on are zimmer signings.   

31 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

13/14 - 1.39

14/15 - 1.5

15/16 - 1.63

16/17 - 1.95

17/18 - 1.47

18/19 - 1.5

19/20 - 1.33

20/21 - 1 (so far)

I think he just got lucky. He was able to switch them at will too and they were just as effective coming inside or going outside. Contrast to now, where he still tries the same trick, only he has yet to learn that McLennan or Kennedy, who are already shite on their favoured flank, become even worse when switched. He has completely lost it. 

54 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

13/14 - 1.39

14/15 - 1.5

15/16 - 1.63

16/17 - 1.95

17/18 - 1.47

18/19 - 1.5

19/20 - 1.33

20/21 - 1 (so far)

Good post.

as far as creative player signings for McInnes. Only ones he can really get credit for were loans of Christie & maybe Maddison but both were arguably not exactly shrewd finds/gambles.

Also credit for Shinnie & McLean tbf but Shinnie was already a player of year type contender 

Mcinnes has lead a charmed life here in so many ways. Gotten heaps of credit for very little actual credit worthy work.

Protected by media/pundits & clappers when anyone dared to point out his flaws or failures.

Then excused for not being able to actually fix the losses over the times he has