Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

Agreed - he's a bawbag.... but what we need right now is goals and a rejuvenated Hayes playing his proper position and McGinn, is of far more pressing need than our defence. We're short of options at left back and with Devlin still injured.

Fuck sake. 

Agreed - he's a bawbag.... but what we need right now is goals and a rejuvenated Hayes playing his proper position and McGinn, is of far more pressing need than our defence. We're short of options at left back and with Devlin still injured.

What's the bets Devlin declares himself fit over the next couple of weeks? 

2 minutes ago, 1903Fitba said:

Fuck sake. 

What part do you disagree with? All of it? We've not really been conceding - why twat about with that and who do you play at LB? Ditch this stupid 3 at the back shite and get some proper width into the side.

21 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

Sad in some ways, but not unexpected.

I agree with that.  We have a lot of thank him for, in his earlier years here, but we have been stagnating for a while now.

We have been a joke in 2021.

Now we have an agonising wait to see who will be selected to attempt to maintain the status quo, but in a prettier way. 

5 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

McGinn's done min. As is Logan. Taylor never was, never mind reaching done

Disagree.... he just needs a run of starting... he's what, 33? Hardly retirement age. He can still do a job... thought he looked somewhere like back to his standard against Hamilton.

He must have known he was on a shaky wicket, why didn't he go for it? was the same usual beige crap for weeks, did he give up. 

Never happy to see anyone lose their job but he won't struggle financially, was way past his sell by date. Did a good job to start with, no idea what happened these last few years, just no ambition or drive.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, daytripping said:

He must have known he was on a shaky wicket, why didn't he go for it? was the same usual beige crap for weeks, did he give up. 

Never happy to see anyone lose their job but he won't struggle financially, was way past his sell by date. Did a good job to start with, no idea what happened these last few years, just no ambition or drive.

No question he already knew he was away in the summer, all that’s happened today is an acceleration of an already agreed process.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

This feels like a loss in the family

I hated the team recently, but so much to be thankful to him for

Let's really build now by getting someone ancelotti-style, someone we would never have thought we could get

We have mcinnes to thank for that, being at the stage we can dream of appointments like this 

Funny way to spell 'sorry'.

Disagree.... he just needs a run of starting... he's what, 33? Hardly retirement age. He can still do a job... thought he looked somewhere like back to his standard against Hamilton.

He canna fucking run min. Blowing oot his arse at 60 mins. This is the backward looking planning that fucked us up for last few seasons

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

In a properly well run club, it should be the exact same way as the 1st team play.

4-2-3-1 hopefully 

That’s rubbish.

Tactics come and go, in and out of fashion.

Kids could be drilled at 4-2-3-1 and make the first team as 4-4-2 is back in vogue. Kick it hard and run fast - that’s all they need.

Just now, frankie_mac's_4 said:

He canna fucking run min. Blowing oot his arse at 60 mins. This is the backward looking planning that fucked us up for last few seasons

Why? Cause he's been sat on the bench for months and hasn't been playing. McGinn hasn't lost any of his quality - maybe a yard or so in pace to beat a man, but given games you'll see a rapid improvement in him. For my money, still the most talented player in our squad.
Logan can still do a job.... he just needs to screw the nut and do the basics. Gone at end of season but as I say - I hope Sheerin gets us back to a back 4 and give captaincy to Ferguson.

Why? Cause he's been sat on the bench for months and hasn't been playing. McGinn hasn't lost any of his quality - maybe a yard or so in pace to beat a man, but given games you'll see a rapid improvement in him. For my money, still the most talented player in our squad.
Logan can still do a job.... he just needs to screw the nut and do the basics. Gone at end of season but as I say - I hope Sheerin gets us back to a back 4 and give captaincy to Ferguson.

McGinn is fucking shite you clown. 

Fuck sake. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think you're both right. 

McGinn's legs have gone but if we'd at least kept him match fit we could have used him better this season. 

Leaving him out for weeks at the start of the season then asking him to play right wing back was fucking crazy stuff. 

Damn right... and leaving McGeouch on the bench and playing Campbell ahead of him, another bizarre choice.

Kennedy brings tears to a glass eye - he's that pish. A one legged McGinn would have been a better option this season!