Celtic 1 - 0 Aberdeen

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

post match, John Kennedy even said “Aberdeen are good & better when they’re aggressive & on top of you”.

We HAVE to take that approach to games against that lot, from the start to the final whistle. 

Not just against that lot, against every fucking lot, that's one of the biggest issues now especially when we can't deal with the likes of St Mirren and Livi.

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

We are brutal and have been for ages.

I do think that our attitude in these games against Celtic has been better than it has been in other seasons. Our team is miles worse however. 

Need to try move Matty Kennedy on. Genuinely horrendous player 

We could maybe try playing him in his preferred position, one where he can attack, rather than defend.

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

post match, John Kennedy even said “Aberdeen are good & better when they’re aggressive & on top of you”.

We HAVE to take that approach to games against that lot, from the start to the final whistle. 

As I said earlier - for a supposedly physical side we seem to sit aff of opposition teams an affa lot. 1st challenge on a tim today was Callum Hendry in the 2nd half on the poofy left back cunt

39 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I’m not saying it’s acceptable. I’m saying the last 3 games aren’t near as bad as what we were seeing before.

If I’m getting words put in my mouth it becomes a pointless discussion. 

No point trying to be optimistic around here, it’s easier to just be negative all the time.

29 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Zactly...

spacer.png

Some of our fans really need to get over it, it’s not the 80’s anymore.

• Dildo 4
6 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

No point trying to be optimistic around here, it’s easier to just be negative all the time.

We've been the worst team in the league for over 3 months.  And the least likely to score over the same period. 

How much worse does it need to get before its OK for folk to express some negativity? 

9 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I didn't take that to be the point there. I think what Ke1t was getting at, was for us to dare to dream as a club. 

Nobody thinks the 80's will happen again.

22 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Both right. No problem with the 3-5-2 formation. The problem is that McInnes has the wing backs playing 30 yards further back than they should be. McCrorie and Ferguson are not creative players and should instead be covering any spaces vacated by the wing backs pushing further forward. That McInnes cannot see that or has too defensive a mindset to adopt that, is the problem.The supporters deserve better than this, and a manager receiving the salary he does should be capable of delivering better than this. 

3 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Another predictable performance against a bang Average Tims team, predictable Team selection, predictable set up and performance, predictable substitutions and a predictable result. Absolutely bored of this now and what makes it worse is a terrible Hibs team will likely finish above us

That Hibs team, terrible as it may be, is better than our team. 

1 hour ago, Oregon Red said:

Same old shit in the end. Again McInnes knows how to get at Celtic as we saw first 10 minutes and most of the second half. But at the critical time of the game after Celtic scored he reverted to his usual defensive shell.

Do you really think that reversion was McInnes not the players? You think he asked them to change it after we conceded? Far more likely that the players lost confidence and sat back.

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We've been the worst team in the league for over 3 months.  And the least likely to score over the same period. 

How much worse does it need to get before its OK for folk to express some negativity? 

The constant stream of negativity has been here for years, even when we were doing well.

4 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

And some need to stop being happy f======g  red clappers. 

Yeah, much better to pretend that somehow we are going to be as successful as we were 40 years ago. Wake up ffs.

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I didn't take that to be the point there. I think what Ke1t was getting at, was for us to dare to dream as a club. 

Nobody thinks the 80's will happen again.

Correct. 

If you accept your place in the scheme of things you win fuck all. This is why Aberdeen underachieves... too many Aberdonians have a 'Know your place, and be careful what you wish for' attitude. 

This is why you end up with a team scoring 1 goal in 8 games and accepting defeats to a terrible Celtic side. 

McInnes, and a huge number of Aberdonians. are happy with that. 

Those people are life's natural losers.

Bitter, weak, and resentful of those who have ambition.

• Upvote 3
Just now, Ke1t said:

Correct. 

If you accept your place in the scheme of things you win fuck all. This is why Aberdeen underachieves... too many Aberdonians have a 'Know your place, and be careful what you wish for' attitude. 

This is why you end up with a team scoring 1 goal in 8 games and accepting defeats to a terrible Celtic side. 

McInnes, and a huge number of Aberdonians. are happy with that. 

Those people are life's natural losers.

Bitter, weak, and resentful of those who have ambition.

It’s only a game you absolute melt. You’ve spent the entire thread moaning and greeting about everything like some child, then you have audacity to label others as losers. Couldn’t make it up.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Without major investment it’s just exactly that: dreamland. The football landscape has changed massively since the 80’s. 

So we would need major investment to come away from Celtic Park with at least a point today? Or last week? Or to score more than a goal in 8 games? 

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Without major investment it’s just exactly that: dreamland. The football landscape has changed massively since the 80’s. 

There's not a single person here who thinks we'll dominate like we did in the first half of the 80s.

But surely you can understand that 2 wins in 12 and 1 goal in open play over a similar period is nowhere near acceptable?

Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s only a game you absolute melt. You’ve spent the entire thread moaning and greeting about everything like some child, then you have audacity to label others as losers. Couldn’t make it up.

To be fair, you're childishly telling people they are stuck in the 80's, which is, and always has been, nonsense. 

All most fans I know want is a team playing good football and giving 100% on the pitch. We are getting neither of this from this lot, most fans weren't even around in the 80's so that argument is pure bull and most of us that were know those Days are in the past. That doesn't mean the club cannot be aggressive in there ambitions though and we shouldn't have to accept the crap currently on show

• Upvote 1