Celtic 1 - 0 Aberdeen

18 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

No point trying to be optimistic around here, it’s easier to just be negative all the time.

Some of our fans really need to get over it, it’s not the 80’s anymore.

Daft comment to make.

Not one single person thinks “it’s the 80’s” still. 

It’s a cliched answer I’d expect from stupid cunts like Chick Dung etc. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

So we would need major investment to come away from Celtic Park with at least a point today? Or last week? Or to score more than a goal in 8 games? 

I was referring to trophies.

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

There's not a single person here who thinks we'll dominate like we did in the first half of the 80s.

But surely you can understand that 2 wins in 12 and 1 goal in open play over a similar period is nowhere near acceptable?

Of course I can, wheeling out pics of Willie miller etc really doesn’t dispel the notion though, does it? And yes, this has been a difficult patch for us, these things happen in football.

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

To be fair, you're childishly telling people they are stuck in the 80's, which is, and always has been, nonsense. 

Is it really though?

Cheer up , its Hibs and looks like they are starting to Hibs it. I believe 2 out of 3 from St Johnstone , Ross County and Livingston will take points off them whereas if we can beat both Hamilton and Dundee Utd will be right in the hunt for that coveted third spot and European football for a month.

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

To be fair, you're childishly telling people they are stuck in the 80's, which is, and always has been, nonsense. 

I'm going to assume the post you quoted was aimed at me.  I only see his posts as quotes because I blocked his nonsense years ago. 

BHL is a perfect example of one of life's bitter, weak losers, though. Just an angry, belligerent, guttersnipe. 

Absolute failure of a human who can't even interact like an adult. 

?

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

All most fans I know want is a team playing good football and giving 100% on the pitch. We are getting neither of this from this lot, most fans weren't even around in the 80's so that argument is pure bull and most of us that were know those Days are in the past. That doesn't mean the club cannot be aggressive in there ambitions though and we shouldn't have to accept the crap currently on show

What does “aggressive in our ambitions” mean? 

2 minutes ago, BitWait said:

Cheer up , its Hibs and looks like they are starting to Hibs it. I believe 2 out of 3 from St Johnstone , Ross County and Livingston will take points off them whereas if we can beat both Hamilton and Dundee Utd will be right in the hunt for that coveted third spot and European football for a month.

Try european football for 5 months+

Just now, Ke1t said:

I'm going to assume the post you quoted was aimed at me.  I only see his posts as quotes because I blocked his nonsense years ago. 

BHL is a perfect example of one of life's bitter, weak losers, though. Just an angry, belligerent, guttersnipe. 

Absolute failure of a human who can't even interact like an adult. 

?

Blocking people like some upset child aye?  Truth hurts so much he had to block me ?

Accusing people of being stuck in the 80's is the laziest argument going. 

Like take the know your place argument. Have we performed like the team with the 3rd biggest budget in the league?

Another question for those who get branded as happy clappers. Are you entertained when watching Aberdeen play?

Probably worth a few of our fans noting that just because a large section of our support can see flaws in team selection, tactics and mentality around the club, does mean they aren't supporting the club

5 minutes ago, BitWait said:

Thanks for that Derek. 

29 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Completely agree.

That should be ingrained into a team, so it happens every week.

That’ll never happen under McInnes 

Obviously Celtic and Rangers spend fortunes but their have it ingrained in them, they have that mentality that they'll never go in to a game thinking they are second best.

23 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Do you really think that reversion was McInnes not the players? You think he asked them to change it after we conceded? Far more likely that the players lost confidence and sat back.

I have a hard time with that. For the most part this is a very experienced team. Lot of players played over  300 games..should not be collapsing like that

Just now, Oregon Red said:

I have a hard time with that. For the most part this is a very experienced team. Lot of players played over  300 games..should not be collapsing like that

I think that's the personality of the team. We just have no leaders on the park who can grab the players by the scruff of the neck and demand redoubled effort. 

That's been a huge flaw in Aberdeen's character for years, a complete lack of minks, brawlers, and captains. 

3 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Having everyone at the club focussed and believing that we can achieve our ambitions which are to win a trophy regularly  and get to the Europa group stages.

So that’s all it takes? Just believe we can conquer Europe and win the league and we will?

Do you not think that people at the club want to win things? You think that any professional footballer doesn’t want to win  a trophy?

Im actually curious if people would be happy with us going down the hun route of spending completely out of our means to win something. That would show ambition, no?

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

You don’t think the two games against Celtic and one against Killie were an improvement on the Hibs and St Mirren for example? 

Yes we are shite but people just spout shite in one direction on here. Literally no balance in opinions whatsoever. 

We were shite v Killie. A poor Killie at that & let’s not get over excited about us playing a little better v Celtic ‘than usual’ as well because Celtic of this season are not a barometer in reality as they have been absolutely shite by comparison to pretty much any season in McInnes’s tenure.

Look at the shite sides they’ve lost or dropped points against. Including us ?

there is no defending this Aberdeen side, even in trying to delude ourselves with last three games, just because we scored a goal v Killie ffs

5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Can I ask, and I know you're younger than many are on here (not patronising) - knowing roughly how much our team are paid and our manager, what is acceptable? 

I don't mind losing, my annoyance is the non acceptance from McInnes, we hear the same shit every time. And as much as he might be right 20% of the time, look back at all his interviews, he is never got it wrong BARRING Motherwell game in 3-0 loss in Scottish Cup semi final.

Loves taking the credit for getting it right though... but wrong.... pffft.

So what is acceptable?

Not really sure what you mean. I’m saying the current form is not acceptable. 

Acceptable would be our form a few years ago.