Dundee United 1 - 0 Aberdeen

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What a difference in the approach, at least

Problem is our players are so poor, technically 

4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

In fairness takes time to work on that. Changing in the middle of the season is a hard ask. Campbell chance was created from it though 

Agreed. Any change for the better will take time. This hasn't been pretty so far but at least you can tell there has been some change in approach tactically.

We'd gotten to a point before where we didn't even know how to create chances, so while it's not been great today, so far I'm seeing a small step in the right direction. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's been a terrible watch so far. We are at least trying to play the ball on the ground. There's no real control in midfield though and McLennan has messed up quite a few opportunities when we've broken down the right wing. Really needing someone to step up and start bossing things in midfield. Just can't see who will though. So many wasted corners as per usual. I would give Ross a chance in the second half in place of McLennan. Here's hoping we can do a goal.

The passing around the back is giving me the frights. I’d argue we look worse today then under McInnes. I’m not a big fan of Campbell but he’s playing well today. McCrorie and Fergie are awful. Ferguson is overhyped.

Taylor is playing well. Lewis utter garbage again. Kicking is appalling. Can’t stand the guy. The captaincy has affected him immensely.

mckenzie looks good. McLennan needs to go. Hayes can leave anytime he likes.

I still think we’ll lose.

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
Just now, Ten Caat said:

You can see there is a bit more of an intent from us but putting it into practice has been pretty woeful. Too many of our players are just not up to it I fear

I wonder how much is down to basic fitness, rather than mentality.

We only seem to have one speed, and any side that raises the tempo tends to overrun us with simple workrate,  and we struggle to match them.

2 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

The passing around the back is giving me the frights. I’d argue we look worse today then under McInnes. I’m not a big fan of Campbell but he’s playing well today. McCrorie and Fergie are awful. Ferguson is overhyped.

Taylor is playing well. Lewis utter garbage again. Kicking is appalling. Can’t stand the guy. The captaincy has affected him immensely.

mckenzie looks good. McLennan needs to go. Hayes can leave anytime he likes.

I still think we’ll lose.

Midfield has been poor. No control in there at all. Constantly winning and then losing possession and not enough 50/50 balls being won.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Crashnyploshnit said:

Utter garbage. Lewis is a complete calamity. Fully expect Utd to score. This is worse then McInnes. Get rid of Lewis.

Still a great shot stopper. Lost count how many times he's saved us the last few months.

• Downvote 1