Welcome back Stephen Glass

11 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Campbell has improved with every start. 

The other two look like absolute mealers in comparison. 

Ferguson has been utter dung.

Its often forgotten he's only just turned 20. He's been in the Aberdeen squad for the past 2 or 3 years.

Campbell's passing and vision at times is streets ahead of the rest of the squad. He's added a bit of fight to his game in the last few months. Playing beside Scott Brown will be a real positive for him and all the youngsters. 

I'm impressed by Ramsay and McKenzie. Far from the finished article but looks really promising for the future.

I actually thought Ferguson was one of our better players against St Johnstone. He's a top player just low on confidence (much like the rest of the squad).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye its the lack of balance that's the issue. 

The same posters that can't wait to knock Campbell seem to give Ferguson and McCrorie a free pass based on a good month back in October. 

They'll just have to get used to it. Every sign points to Campbell being in our midfield next season.  In fact it like to see him pushed a bit further forward so he can use his passing to greater effect.  Brown can do the sweeping role on front of the defence 

I slated Campbell plenty earlier in the season, I still think he's too one footed and still need to get stronger yet.

However, in terms of on the ball ability, attempting passes between the lines, looking to keep play moving, he's head and shoulders above the other two. 

He seems a nice lad, less of a nasty streak than the other two, hopefully that's something he can learn the more pro games he plays, because he's clearly got something about him. 

Having said that I've suggested McCrorie should play RB for a few months now and he played there on Saturday, putting in a pretty crap performance. 

Just now, BonnieDon said:

Its often forgotten he's only just turned 20. He's been in Aberdeen squad for the past 2 or 3 years.

Campbell's passing and vision is at times streets ahead of the rest of the squad. He's added a bit of fight to his game in the last few months. Playing beside Scott Brown will be a real positive for him and all the youngsters. 

I'm impressed by Ramsay and McKenzie. Far from the finished article but looks really promising for the future.

I actually thought Ferguson was one of our better players against St Johnstone. He's a top player just low on confidence (much like the rest of the squad).

Campbell doesn't hide. I don't think I can say the same of Ferguson, who seems to get lost in the middle of the park. 

McCrorie doesn't hide either but he's just in a really bad run of form. 

If Ferguson is being sold this summer, I can't imagine he's raised his value to AFC at all.

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They'll just have to get used to it. Every sign points to Campbell being in our midfield next season.  In fact it like to see him pushed a bit further forward so he can use his passing to greater effect.  Brown can do the sweeping role on front of the defence 

I reckon Campbell could be used deeper and try him in a role similar to what Kenny McLean was doing latterly. Like a young Pirlo, no less. Put Brown alongside him in a role similar to what Shinnie used to do and have Ferguson further forward. McCrorie in defense. League Champions.

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Campbell doesn't hide. I don't think I can say the same of Ferguson, who seems to get lost in the middle of the park. 

McCrorie doesn't hide either but he's just in a really bad run of form. 

If Ferguson is being sold this summer, I can't imagine he's raised his value to AFC at all.

I'm hopeful that having won two games in a row (especially the result on the weekend) and the arrival of Glass tomorrow that the team has regained their confidence and the likes of Fergie and McCrorie can find their early season form.

I'm certainly a lot more enthusiastic about our chances on Saturday against Livingston in the cup then I was last week.

2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I reckon Campbell could be used deeper and try him in a role similar to what Kenny McLean was doing latterly. Like a young Pirlo, no less. Put Brown alongside him in a role similar to what Shinnie used to do and have Ferguson further forward. McCrorie in defense. League Champions.

Aye I could live with that if we are playing a double pivot in midfield. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye I could live with that if we are playing a double pivot in midfield. 

Aye I reckon its a solid and creative basis.

The big thing this summer, for me, will be bringing in a new front 3. A modern day Hayes, Rooney, McGinn trio would be ideal. The joke of that is, if McInnes was still here his answer to that would probably be to renew McGinn's deal and re-sign Rooney. Hopefully Glass has some ideas for wingers, being a nae bad one back in the day.

34 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I'm hopeful that having won two games in a row (especially the result on the weekend) and the arrival of Glass tomorrow that the team has regained their confidence and the likes of Fergie and McCrorie can find their early season form.

I'm certainly a lot more enthusiastic about our chances on Saturday against Livingston in the cup then I was last week.

I am too, mostly because they aren't as good as they were earlier in the season. 

Hornby was a huge reason we won on Saturday, needs to start again. 

26 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

The big thing this summer, for me, will be bringing in a new front 3. A modern day Hayes, Rooney, McGinn trio would be ideal. The joke of that is, if McInnes was still here his answer to that would probably be to renew McGinn's deal and re-sign Rooney. Hopefully Glass has some ideas for wingers, being a nae bad one back in the day.

Aye if we are playing that 4-3-3 we've used for Sheerin's 3 games then yes we obviously need a top notch striker but also two wide men that are going to contribute several assists and several goals per season.

That's ideally 3 new players with Hayes, McLennan, Kennedy and Ethan Ross  (if he stays) providing back up next season. Hayes also has the ability to get game time in other positions.

I'm nae convinced that is our formation like as Glass played 4-2-3-1 at Atlanta and Atlanta 2 but the point would still stand about the front 3.

Campbell has shown that all youngsters need a run of games and not ten minute cameo appearances. He has come on well and hopefully others get the same opportunity. It’s a waste of time and money taking in loans when we already have the players here. Hopefully Ferguson and McCrorie can up their game soon as they have been disappointing. Glass arrival will hopefully kick start their careers.

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Campbell has shown that all youngsters need a run of games and not ten minute cameo appearances. He has come on well and hopefully others get the same opportunity. It’s a waste of time and money taking in loans when we already have the players here. Hopefully Ferguson and McCrorie can up their game soon as they have been disappointing. Glass arrival will hopefully kick start their careers.

Spot on Tommy 

(Loved Cannon and Ball) 

1 minute ago, muttonhumper said:

Sevco bound.

Shouldn't sell to them under any circumstances. 

Unless they are prepared to part with something like £6,000,000 which is probably twice his value. 

We should have a strictly no sell policy to either of the Glasgow clubs unless the money if over the odds, otherwise we'll never get near them. This should be made clear to players. 

Just now, Tord31 said:

I'd be shocked if sevco were interested in Ferguson in either of the next two windows. They have plenty central midfielders under contract

I don't know that he's good enough to play for them at this current moment. 

A mid table championship team in England is a far more likely destination. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I don't know that he's good enough to play for them at this current moment. 

A mid table championship team in England is a far more likely destination. 

I'm not sure June-August is the optimum time to sell him but whatever our formation we have too many centre mids, a new era and he's probably the only centre mid holding a £ value.

26 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Shouldn't sell to them under any circumstances. 

Unless they are prepared to part with something like £6,000,000 which is probably twice his value. 

We should have a strictly no sell policy to either of the Glasgow clubs unless the money if over the odds, otherwise we'll never get near them. This should be made clear to players. 

Exactly we shouldn't be selling any of our players to them cunts unless its double the price. We are trying to bridge the gap not increase it. If the player has a year left on his contract and won't sign a new deal he should be sold to the highest English bidder before they get the chance to sign for the ugly sisters on a pre in the January. 

6 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Exactly we shouldn't be selling any of our players to them cunts unless its double the price. We are trying to bridge the gap not increase it. If the player has a year left on his contract and won't sign a new deal he should be sold to the highest English bidder before they get the chance to sign for the ugly sisters on a pre in the January. 

Then we are keeping an unsettled player who doesn't want to be here. Rangers pay for someone else and we end up selling our player for less than he's worth cause he's in shite form.... and the gap increases

5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Then we are keeping an unsettled player who doesn't want to be here. Rangers pay for someone else and we end up selling our player for less than he's worth cause he's in shite form.... and the gap increases

So by that logic it's better Rangers pay us the money than another team for an alternative? I disagree. We aren't keeping an unsettled player we just aren't selling them to the Glasgow 2. Mckenna spitting the dummy and trying to force a move to Celtic and it ended up with us getting the money and him not going to Glasgow.

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

What about Watkins Griffiths Hedges front three

29 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

So by that logic it's better Rangers pay us the money than another team for an alternative? I disagree. We aren't keeping an unsettled player we just aren't selling them to the Glasgow 2. Mckenna spitting the dummy and trying to force a move to Celtic and it ended up with us getting the money and him not going to Glasgow.

There was never a bid from Celtic.

I'm just saying if we are offered good money from Rangers for Ferguson we will probably sell him. We aren't going to demand twice as much, that is a fantasy. Ideally we sell him to an English team, but if the bid isn't there or isn't as good of course we'd sell to the huns