Welcome back Stephen Glass

I find the 12 month contract the most alarming aspect of this. 

10 players out of contract...how can you convince players to sign for you when your own contract is up at the end of the season? 

It also suggests to me there is an element of uncertainty from Cormack, otherwise he'd surely be giving him a 3 + year deal? 

Peculiar. 

2 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Cathro is one of the highest rated coaches in Europe. Believe it or not. He's not on the bench at Wolves for nothing. And loved by Benitez too. But he's not a club manager. We gave him the wrong role. 

But he's light years ahead of Glass. An assistant manager in the NFL. Don't mix the two. 

I now instantly have a lot more faith in Glass as you are always so far off the mark it’s like having two @dad on the hat.

4 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Cathro is one of the highest rated coaches in Europe. Believe it or not. He's not on the bench at Wolves for nothing. And loved by Benitez too. But he's not a club manager. We gave him the wrong role. 

But he's light years ahead of Glass. An assistant manager in the NFL. Don't mix the two. 

One is manager at the most successful Scottish club in Europe.

Other is a failure at a yo-yo Scottish club and now is a coach at a shithole club who have won nothing.

16 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Everyone raging that the new chairman isn't behaving the way the last chairman, who everyone hated, did.

Nah probably just concerned Cormack has appointed his mate to the most important role at our club

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's not essential as others have started at reasonably high levels as you point out but it's a valid discussion point would you not agree? 

Possibly, however a certain William Ferguson Miller had fuck all managerial experience when he took over the heralded and proud reins of Aberdeen Football Club in February 1992.

Arguably, managed the most exciting team we've had in our lifetimes in his full two full seasons. 

It doesn't always work out that way with inexperienced managers though, but arguably, with more experienced managers it doesn't always either  

If it's a 13 month contract starting in April and Glass was willing to accept it then we probably should have made it a 2 or 3 year with confidential min payment get out clauses for the club. As others have said how do you make a pitch to a player on Tuesday 31st August to sign for us if the manager is out of contract in 9 months time.

But i do like the idea of aligning his contract with Marshall, Robson and Sheerin so that there is less conspiracy theories if we are planning to run down their contracts next season. It allows him to be united with the extended team.

23 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If it's a 13 month contract starting in April and Glass was willing to accept it then we probably should have made it a 2 or 3 year with confidential min payment get out clauses for the club. As others have said how do you make a pitch to a player on Tuesday 31st August to sign for us if the manager is out of contract in 9 months time.

But i do like the idea of aligning his contract with Marshall, Robson and Sheerin so that there is less conspiracy theories if we are planning to run down their contracts next season. It allows him to be united with the extended team.

Its a rolling contract so he is always contracted for 12 months. 

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

My tuppence. Tough. You're getting it.

It seems an almost uniquely Scottish thing that managers MUST have a connection to the club, to the detriment of the cv or ability. 

We have a manager chased out of Milton Keynes and not missed by Utd fans. But falls up the way to Hearts cos he used to play for us. 

Same at work here. Glass has a very modest cv that should see him nowhere near a club the size of Aberdeen. Maybe assistant manager. But the manager? Can't even see him controlling a dressing room. Seems too nice a wee guy. 

You're in the 2nd tier of a football backwater you absolute beaut.

• Haha 2

Not sure why folk are complaining about the length of his deal. Aberdeen will hold the option to extend it as is the same with all rolling contracts generally. The Tims done if for years before Brendan Rodgers, even Martin O'Neil was on a one year rolling contract I think. The players he brings in should be coming to the club to help him keep his job and at the end of the day the fans are overall not happy with the appointment, so if it goes horribly wrong early doors then we can cheaply get rid of him. He will also be on a fraction of what Mcinnes was getting and probably more bonus based incentives(purely speculation on my part). 

The club shouldn't be so reliant on one manager anyway and the whole club structure needs worked on. We could bring a guy in on a 3 year a deal and he could be off to England after one successful season,  so I don't think the rolling contract is a real concern. 

The only reason the appointment excites me as it is a huge risk for Cormack and makes me think he must be backing him in the transfer market. Excited to see who we bring in and hopefully get a lot of business done early. Alan Russell will hopefully have some good contacts for youth loans from down south, who better for a young English striker to work under on a daily basis than the national team striker coach. I am assuming Russell will be far more hands on coaching with us than just the strikers as well. 

The Brown signing just heaps added pressure on Cormack and Glass, if Glass had brought in an experienced head alongside him then I think it would be far more accepted. Will split opinion and only a quick start can get some of those doubters on side. I am totally 50/50 as anyone with Browns CV of winning titles and cups etc as a captain up here should be an absolute steal but then its Scott Brown and he's a wanker. 

• Upvote 1